• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

TheGoodfella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
Canada
From what I understand rolex uses a proprietary alloy in their white gold with the addition of palladium and silver - this allows their watches to stay white over time without the need for rhodium plating which I believe most other manufacturers plate their white gold with to preserve it from yellowing. I’m not sure if rhodium plating or white gold plating would more closely match the gen bezel but it may be worth comparing in person before moving forward.

Reactions: gilrob

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
I was also thinking about Rhodium plating for it to get that sparkling effect yet I also don't know how it compares to the gen one. From what I have seen on pictures rhodinizing should be pretty close at least. The great thing about this plating instead of Rose or yellow Gold plating is even if it scratches completly down it would propably be not really obvious wheras on yellow Gold watches you have to get it replated or thrown away

DzumI

13/4/19
[QUOTE = sim_gio; n8353965] Hola
QC llegó hoy. Todo bien.
Solo tengo una duda sobre el dial. Parece demasiado aburrido, no muy brillante.
¿Qué piensas? ¡¡¡Gracias!!!

https://imgur.com/ZGTDRQE

https://imgur.com/1qRRqnB

https://imgur.com/I2iBbHi

https://imgur.com/s7V22E1

https://imgur.com/iFBkkbY

https: // imgur .com / aBEpIES

https://imgur.com/4Gs65IO
[/ QUOTE]

look at that, bezel same Arf.
It is a bad lot, are using different bezel.
It is not sharp
I think it was the bezel Arf and is using others.

My crown is also bad , it is two points.

If it is 2 points u have to reject. Definitely an easy tell.

RSMK94

Horology Curious
11/9/19
If it is 2 points u have to reject. Definitely an easy tell.

I have read the following:

line = steel or yellow gold twinlock

two dots = white gold twinlock

Isn't the pics Tete posted meant to be a White Gold Bezel?

Tete

4/11/16
That bezel Flute gen is beautiful. I have got 3 days with my Arf dj41, every time, i get this bezel. It looks cheap, it does not look like gen gold. Is my last lot and he is not sharp. I have got EWfactory Smooth bezel, it is smaller and do not fit well, but it looks a lot better. It looks much more gen.
I am going to get bezel smooth or Flute gen.

It is just my opinion

Last edited:

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I can't I'm afraid. Since I was making a Franken Watch, I told my TD to source me whatever colour they could get first... they got me a black. So I'm afraid I have no comparisons of that.... However earlier on the thread.... page 150 or so, someone did post gen silver vs rep silver. There's not much in it really... just a slight yellow hue. I didn't really care about the costs, I just wanted to make it as gen as possible. I'm in fact currently trying to buy a real white gold fluted bezel. Just so it weights a more appropriate amount plus the bezel would be absolutely accurate then.
I saw that stufuse mentioned that he handled the ARF silver dial and it does not have a yellow hue/tint to it. I found the comparison and can't really see it either. :/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rlxjoe

30/8/16
So we’re saying an ARF crown should be 3 dots? Awaiting my QC so just trying to soak in as much info as possible!

Dandan118

31/5/16
I recently purchased ARF 41 in blue, love the watch and feels great but the DW bothers me as it’s too bold.

can anyone here help point me to where I can get this changed?

thanks

Reactions: Razorig2

Tete

4/11/16
saxo indeed, it is my silver too and you are the most similar to dial gen.
Sun rays and inside of light are so great. It does not look as brilliant as blue, rhodium, even the black.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, in real life it is lighter.
http://imgur.com/a/yWiE8JI

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I recently purchased ARF 41 in blue, love the watch and feels great but the DW bothers me as it’s too bold.

thanks

You got 15273939 answers about it here on thread,just you are too lazy to read first

Dandan118

31/5/16
I don’t understand why some people have such an attitude when others ask a question, there are over 300 pages on this thread. I thought that perhaps someone may have been able to give me a quick answer. I’ve read lots of the pages so far, however admittedly I haven’t read all 300. As I said, I was hoping for someone to be able to point me in the right direction

Reactions: Rlxjoe and Tete

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
saxo indeed, it is my silver too and you are the most similar to dial gen.
Sun rays and inside of light are so great. It does not look as brilliant as blue, rhodium, even the black.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, in real life it is lighter.
http://imgur.com/a/yWiE8JI
Thanks for the pics in diff lightings mate, appreciate it. The yellow hue or tint seems to really show in the first pic, could just be the sunlight??

Im sorry i dont understand what you means about the other dial colours, from what I know the blue, rhodium and black are very close to gen, sunburst may be a little too strong on the ARF.

Reactions: Tete

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I don’t understand why some people have such an attitude when others ask a question, there are over 300 pages on this thread. I thought that perhaps someone may have been able to give me a quick answer. I’ve read lots of the pages so far, however admittedly I haven’t read all 300. As I said, I was hoping for someone to be able to point me in the right direction
Hey mate, no offense but what you are asking is really something easily found unlike things like specific technical questions like modding or comparisons of certain aspects of the watches.

Other than information on this thread, there are also stickies information for your transactions with your TD.

To answer your question, if you feel your datewheel is too bold and want an exchange, you can contact your TD directly. Chances are they will not entertain such a small case. Alternatively, you can source a gen 3235 datewheel or aftermarket overlay and replace it. Please do not open a ticket just cause your TD does not entertain you, there was QC and you accepted it. After all, keep in mind its a $400+ rep, dont expect a Rolex quality out of it. You can either go down the franken route, live with the flaws or just buy a gen.

Cheers.

Reactions: Razorig2 and Bobi01

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17

I do not understand people with such attitude, they are too lazy to read the thread they are posting their question

Reactions: Bobi01

Tete

4/11/16
Thanks for the pics in diff lightings mate, appreciate it. The yellow hue or tint seems to really show in the first pic, could just be the sunlight??

Im sorry i dont understand what you means about the other dial colours, from what I know the blue, rhodium and black are very close to gen, sunburst may be a little too strong on the ARF.

Yes, the light was yellow. YIn any case gen is also a little yellow-gold-silver. Indeed, the blue, rhodium and black (a little less), sunburst may be a little too strong on the ARF.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yes, the light was yellow. YIn any case gen is also a little yellow-gold-silver. Indeed, the blue, rhodium and black (a little less), sunburst may be a little too strong on the ARF.

I've got the gen and I've never witnessed in real life a yellow tone from the dial. But funnily enough, in pictures sometimes there is... so might be just something unique to cameras tbh.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

thanks

Most logical option, imo, is to get a gen datewheel, and then upgrade your crystal to a gen or Prof. I have also heard DSxtal is good. But it will be somewhat of a chore to find someone to install the datewheel. But it can be done. There isn't any readily known, easy fixes just fyi. And I would not consider contacting your TD as I would not want to send my watch over seas... plus ARF is known across the board basically for having fat date font- so you got what you paid for. Just my $0.02.

You might be lucky and be able to source a datewheel overlay from another manufacturer.

interaktiv tends to have gen date wheels for sale. I purchased two from him.

Reactions: Dandan118

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
With the recent issues on arf dj41 glad I went with arf sea dweller as my first rep. Just approved QC pictures, looks great. But why don't they put the A3235 in the dj41? Gen dj41 has 3235 and rep sea dweller has A3235, they look the same.

Ax33

Horology Curious
16/11/19

Hi guys I just wanna asking opinion about my ARF DW font, many said in here there is few batch version of DW? As in the first batch is more bolder or such. I really don't know which version my ARF DJ41 is, my seller don't really write it down here. And i don't have that sharp eye for compare it to the Gen one via picture in the nets. Thanks guys :)

Reactions: Bobi01