• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
LaPavel I thought the same with regards to the bracelet/clasp
old_man It is normal right now, I had to wait 2+ weeks due to different fortunate/unfortunate circumstances, nothing wrong with that waiting time. ARF is just very popular or the number of watches rejected due to (minor) "QC issues" is very high - don't know for sure.

I'm happy with my last QC, hope that you'll also be happy.

Thanks bro. I didn’t expect the ARF to be in short supply as well - always thought they were a pick up and go. Glad to hear you’ve got a good watch, wear it it good health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
gen dw ,xtal and crown
6c7e9c75c43e140a1287b268f3de782a.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

May I asked how you managed to fit a gen DW to a 2824 movement?

Thank you :)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
New dial (look at the datewindow) but the misaligned ceramic numbers are even worse than before :/

Reactions: Mosse

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
New dial (look at the datewindow) but the misaligned ceramic numbers are even worse than before :/

Is the date window supposed to have rounded edges?
I think the bezel is half a click off, insert needs to be removed and reset again. 35, 40 and 45 markers look like they're about to break off the insert and onto the crystal :facepalm:

Wayne01

Horology Curious
14/6/18
Hi guys, just received my QC pictures today 24/8/2018, seems like this is the new batch.
  • Flaws: Pearl slightly misaligned to the left, big DW font, insert markers are still half click off and too close to the crystal
  • Rehaut seems fine tho.
What do you guys think? Correct me if i'm wrong thanks!

https://picr.me/album/EJvU

sorry.. i still doesnt know how to upload photos to the page

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Hi guys, just received my QC pictures today 24/8/2018, seems like this is the new batch.
  • Flaws: Pearl slightly misaligned to the left, big DW font, insert markers are still half click off and too close to the crystal
  • Rehaut seems fine tho.
What do you guys think? Correct me if i'm wrong thanks!

https://picr.me/album/EJvU

I'd accept it, add a gen xtal and gen DW as overlay.

Reactions: Wayne01

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

After you upload your pics, you have to get the Embed codes for each pic. You can group select the pics, then click on 'Action' then 'Get Embed codes'. From that popup, click the down arrow for 'Viewer links', then choose 'BBCode full (or medium) linked' and then copy the codes. Paste the codes here.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Seeing a lot of misaligned pearls, along with cracked inserts, the engraving faults, wokky rehaut & funny Date font I’m starting to wonder if a noob v9 is the way to go....

Anyway does anyone have a recommendation for datewheel for 2824 with good Rolex font? I don’t want Gen one as overlay.

Reactions: phdsjain

Wayne01

Horology Curious
14/6/18
I'd accept it, add a gen xtal and gen DW as overlay.

After you upload your pics, you have to get the Embed codes for each pic. You can group select the pics, then click on 'Action' then 'Get Embed codes'. From that popup, click the down arrow for 'Viewer links', then choose 'BBCode full (or medium) linked' and then copy the codes. Paste the codes here.

Thank you guys for the replies, I’ve already accepted the watch! Sorry I didn’t mention here.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Seeing a lot of misaligned pearls, along with cracked inserts, the engraving faults, wokky rehaut & funny Date font I’m starting to wonder if a noob v9 is the way to go....

Anyway does anyone have a recommendation for datewheel for 2824 with good Rolex font? I don’t want Gen one as overlay.

TC then, is very close
Sorry for asking but why don't you want gen ? price-wise?

Adam270

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
Redcar northeast England
Outdoor cigar and ARF appreciation. The luster achieved with an overnight soak in baby oil to break it in. Very smooth bracelet. Crystal is ok with me. Can’t justify spending over a hundred on something so minuscule. DWO definitely needs work. The “20s” are too bold as others have mentioned. But without a gen side by side comparison, it’s not something that can be easily spotted. Overall, 9.5/10 from me. Time keeping accurate. In the one week I had it, it’s only been 30 seconds behind. No info on power reserve yet. But it’s a A2824. So pretty reliable.

What is the benefit of soaking the bracelet in baby oil and how do you go about doing this I am waiting for my watch to land and I want to get it the best it can be so I am wanting to know all the little tips and tricks thanks

Reactions: 1luzion

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
TC then, is very close
Sorry for asking but why don't you want gen ? price-wise?

Yea price really. Ideally I didn’t want to keep adding more money to a watch but then I bought a Gen crystal. What would you say price difference a TC is to Gen? can I still
Source one?

Reactions: Mikeodandy