• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

clevername1234

Horology Curious
28/5/18
So I just received my ARF sub a few days ago. I'm very happy with it but noticed that it stopped ticking about 24 hrs after getting it (even though it was wound). I tried winding for a while and adjusting the date/time but nothing worked. I then smacked it pretty hard and it started ticking again. Is it common for the movement to just stop when wound? Is there a better way to deal with it.

Obligatory pics below...

I think a gen DW and it's good to go...

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Weird... it shouldn't do that, but obviously movements can go a little crazy

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
After seeing these pics I'm seriously contemplating getting an ARF over the V9. I might wait to see if a 3135 comes in the next few months.

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
So I just received my ARF sub a few days ago. I'm very happy with it but noticed that it stopped ticking about 24 hrs after getting it (even though it was wound). I tried winding for a while and adjusting the date/time but nothing worked. I then smacked it pretty hard and it started ticking again. Is it common for the movement to just stop when wound? Is there a better way to deal with it.

I think I read somewhere that winding it only gives it about 20% of the power. So put it in a winder or wear it for a few days and let it get juiced then asses it...

clevername1234

Horology Curious
28/5/18
Thanks.... I'll keep it on the winder for longer. It's been running well for a couple of days.... Hoping it was just a fluke

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

Obligatory pics below...

Looks great! Hopefully the movement works ok but if you have trouble send it for a service.

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
Thanks.... I'll keep it on the winder for longer. It's been running well for a couple of days.... Hoping it was just a fluke

Not to worry. I have an automatic Seiko5 that took me a few days to keep from stopping. There is no wind available so I just had to wear it a few days before it ran like a champ. I wear my watches at night as well

Last edited:

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
I just received my watch as well (pics to come shortly) as a whole it’s a great watch but I have to say unimpressed with the clasp. The one from my V6s is so much better. I don’t know if maybe my clasp is just defective or what but the locking mechanism for the micro adjuster is total crap. It doesn’t really lock into place. Plus the There is an annoying gap in the back of the clasp where the bracelet comes out from. Again My v6s doesn’t have this issue at all. The clasp contours to the bracelet making it look as if it’s all one.

I dont know if maybe im being overly picky but I’m comparing this to my other sub something is clearly a miss here.

Anyone else have this issue?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The wait is over.

eee957315d9977831d0ac28a00fa25ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I’m not a Sub guru but I have owned a Gen 116610LN, a Franken 116610LV, a Noob V6s and a Noob V5. So have seen and held a few examples.

It’s the best looking Rep Sub I’ve seen but it wouldn’t be a rep without a few flaws.

The SEL despite looking good are pretty loose.

The pearl is off centre and looks like whoever lumed it used 100 parts chromalight to one part binding agent. It’s constantly blue and when fired up can be seen from space. It doesn’t match the dial and hands.

The crown is pure garbage it’s rough, really rough. It also scrapes against the insides of the crown guards when wound into the case.

The bezel feels cheap to turn.

This is me being hyper critical though, as I said it’s the best looking rep subC I’ve seen.

The hands are beautiful, the lume on the dial and hands is perfectly applied.

The insert engravings look very close to gen, yes a few are a bit close to the xtal but the depth and colour are amazing and the black ceramic really pops.

The Xtal does have the black hole and in some lights looks gen but does have the blue hue.

The rehaut shines whereas my Noobs were dull and the engraving looks great and lines up well.

The clasp is very well finished and has soft rounded edges like Gen and snaps tightly shut.

The DWO is much much better than I anticipated, it’s only really a very few dates in the high twenties that look off the rest look really good. If I’d have seen this I wouldn’t have bothered with the Gen replacement.

Overall it’s a very good Rep but has just enough flaws to remind you you are wearing a cheap (ish) Chinese toy.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I just received my watch as well (pics to come shortly) as a whole it’s a great watch but I have to say unimpressed with the clasp. The one from my V6s is so much better. I don’t know if maybe my clasp is just defective or what but the locking mechanism for the micro adjuster is total crap. It doesn’t really lock into place. Plus the There is an annoying gap in the back of the clasp where the bracelet comes out from. Again My v6s doesn’t have this issue at all. The clasp contours to the bracelet making it look as if it’s all one.

I dont know if maybe im being overly picky but I’m comparing this to my other sub something is clearly a miss here.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mine seems to function pretty well but does also has that gap. I can’t remember how the gen looked to be honest.

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Interesting comment about the crown. I hadn't really noticed that until you mentionned it. Not a big problem since you don't really notice it when screwed in.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The wait is over.

eee957315d9977831d0ac28a00fa25ef.jpg

You captured the black hole effect well there looks nice. I re-ordered mine today with another TD. Hopefully will have it soon.

Adam270

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/18
Redcar northeast England
I received mine today I haven't done much just resized the bracelet to fit my wrist I am going to do the baby oil trick on the bracelet but I have to say that this is my first rep and I am very impressed I don't think anyone will be able to call you out with this on your wrist I know there are flaws with these watches but unless you have it in your had and looked closely i don't think they are noticeable