• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
If you were a diver, you'd be wearing a diving computer. I doubt any pro divers use swiss diving watches anymore. Maybe as a back up, but diving computers are the norm, as they give you a lot more information, better readibility etc. etc.

A very nice Comparison of all available 15500 right now:

https://[[Redacted due to phishing ...al_blog_category_id=6&journal_blog_post_id=99
Fucking great work !!!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
So are any one of you guys silencing the rotor? I must say the rotor on the APSF 15500 is quite noisy.

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
So are any one of you guys silencing the rotor? I must say the rotor on the APSF 15500 is quite noisy.
I carefully compared the rotor sound of ZF and APS and it does sound a bit loud, both factories are about the same, so you can be sure that this is a noise defect in the 4302 movement itself. But it is not really that bad, it is a louder sound only when you hit the case harder.

Last edited:

peterpl

Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
I carefully compared the rotor sound of ZF and APS and it does sound a bit loud, both factories are about the same, so you can be sure that this is a noise defect in the 4302 movement itself. But it is not really that bad, it is a louder sound only when you hit the case harder.
Yes I think the noise is common across both ZF and APSF. Daily wear its not so bad. I think its just noisy when you move the watch harder as you say then the rotor can be quite loud when it spins.

peterpl

Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
Quick Q regarding this APSF clone 4302 movement. My watch stopped this morning after being on the winder and wearing it for 1 day which makes me believe that the TPD and direction on my winder was set to the minimum it required to just keep it ticking.

What is the winding direction of this movement and what is the TPD required when on the winder?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Quick Q regarding this APSF clone 4302 movement. My watch stopped this morning after being on the winder and wearing it for 1 day which makes me believe that the TPD and direction on my winder was set to the minimum it required to just keep it ticking.

What is the winding direction of this movement and what is the TPD required when on the winder?
The rep movements, especially clone ones, will not stand up to consistent automatic winding. I’ll advocate you don’t leave it in the winder. It’s apt to cause more harm than good.
But this is a bi-directional winding movement if you’re curious and TPD should be 800.