• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Apsf updated the 15400

The center of the second hand has been raised and now its like the gen,

at a comparison i had made it was the only serious difference someone could spot vs the rep hands and now its perfect

White gold plate this apsf hands and they are spot on

z8SfGS.jpg

Reactions: locvs and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
  • Love
Reactions: Allure and j21

Scabicide

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/13
Thank you for the info.

Is it the only update on the watch? Or did they improve other stuffs?

BlazerWulf

Horology Curious
23/3/22
Apsf updated the 15400

The center of the second hand has been raised and now its like the gen,

at a comparison i had made it was the only serious difference someone could spot vs the rep hands and now its perfect

White gold plate this apsf hands and they are spot on

z8SfGS.jpg
Good to know ASPF updated the hands, cause they are definitely the most difficult gen part to source individually 😅 haha. I'm hoping they also updated the slow date change in the V2 since the A4302 clone in the ASPF 15500 has the instant date change, but until someone gets this one in-hand I'm not making any assumptions. I will say, I have been waiting on the V2 like all summer so I'm looking forward to potentially making this my first franken project.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Good to know ASPF updated the hands, cause they are definitely the most difficult gen part to source individually 😅 haha. I'm hoping they also updated the slow date change in the V2 since the A4302 clone in the ASPF 15500 has the instant date change, but until someone gets this one in-hand I'm not making any assumptions. I will say, I have been waiting on the V2 like all summer so I'm looking forward to potentially making this my first franken project.
They will need to redesign the whole movement, i dont believe this is something that will be made at least for now.
Maybe next year with the 3126, who knows...

Reactions: BlazerWulf

BlazerWulf

Horology Curious
23/3/22
V1

V2

It looks like they also made slight updates to the rotor as well, some engravings aren't as flat as V1 (stars, castle, bird) and the color is more yellow gold as opposed to the rose gold hue of the v1 rotor.

Reactions: raytron

Caril

Known Member
16/8/22
Portugal
I got mine today,when i will find some time today tommorow i will make a comparison pic between APSF and GEN dial.
To give a little heads up, the dials are not close imo.
It lucks any sunburst effect, the cubics are just some fat cubics sitting over there and luck also the GEN ''3D'' effect and the beautiful AP finishing.
So if you have seen the Gen dial you can tell it right away(without a loupe).
Thankfully my friend legend supplied me with a gen dial, and i will have it changed.
If you wish to franken, a gen dial is a no brainer and the first think you should change.
I will check it more thoroughly and i will write any more difference with the pictures if i see something more,because i just checked it for 2-3 minutes.
This seems one of the only mentions to dial sunburst in this thread.
So, the consensus is that the ZF dial (blue) is a bit more sunburst and dynamic than the APSF, thus a bit more Gen-like?
I have the ZF 15202 v1, and the blue changes tone (light to dark, sometimes deeper) with different lights, but its always the same tone throughout the dial, I mean there's close to zero sunburst and no hint of metallic shine. I am curious to experience the 'full glory' of a gen dial, and I know.. only the gen is gen :)

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
This seems one of the only mentions to dial sunburst in this thread.
So, the consensus is that the ZF dial (blue) is a bit more sunburst and dynamic than the APSF, thus a bit more Gen-like?
I have the ZF 15202 v1, and the blue changes tone (light to dark, sometimes deeper) with different lights, but its always the same tone throughout the dial, I mean there's close to zero sunburst and no hint of metallic shine. I am curious to experience the 'full glory' of a gen dial, and I know.. only the gen is gen :)
Especially for the blue it doesn't matter if zf or apsf, both are not even close unfortunately

Reactions: Caril

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I mean there's close to zero sunburst and no hint of metallic shine. I am curious to experience the 'full glory' of a gen dial, and I know.. only the gen is gen
Reading your statement, I guess you know the only way to experience the full glory of a gen dial is to buy one, if not the gen watch.

Reactions: Caril and Allure

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Reading your statement, I guess you know the only way to experience the full glory of a gen dial is to buy one, if not the gen watch.

Would a gen dial fit in this APS?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I posted a tear down and service of this movement a few weeks ago. I’m not sure how easy it would be to add an instant date change mechanism to the movement without big changes from the manufacturer.

Reactions: Mc Queen

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
From what is posted here the upgrades seem to be the following:

- Clone movement, no longer using Miyota 9015
- Bracelet is better finished than before and less sharp
- Brushed finish on bracelet is improved and gives better shine especially in sunlight
- "New anti-fingerprint technology"
- Improved polish and finish
- Corners on the case back no longer discolor
- Even the corners of the clasp is polished on V3 compared to V2 for a smoother feel and no sharp feeling
- Solid center shaft (pinion?)
- Improved polishing on hands to prevent rough finish

Reactions: klockjohan

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
Da quanto pubblicato qui gli aggiornamenti sembrano essere i seguenti:

- Clona il movimento, non usi più Miyota 9015
- Il braccialetto è rifinito meglio di prima e meno affilato
- La finitura spazzolata sul bracciale è migliorata e dona una migliore lucentezza soprattutto alla luce del sole
- "Nuova tecnologia anti-impronta"
- Lucidatura e finitura migliorate
- Gli angoli del fondello non si scoloriscono più
- Anche gli angoli della chiusura sono lucidati su V3 rispetto a V2 per una sensazione più liscia e nessuna sensazione nitida
- Albero centrale solido (pignone?)
- Migliorata la lucidatura delle mani per prevenire la finitura ruvida
Very good😊

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
From what is posted here the upgrades seem to be the following:

- Clone movement, no longer using Miyota 9015
- Bracelet is better finished than before and less sharp
- Brushed finish on bracelet is improved and gives better shine especially in sunlight
- "New anti-fingerprint technology"
- Improved polish and finish
- Corners on the case back no longer discolor
- Even the corners of the clasp is polished on V3 compared to V2 for a smoother feel and no sharp feeling
- Solid center shaft (pinion?)
- Improved polishing on hands to prevent rough finish
Even the gen does not have the “anti-fingerprint technology”. But for those really concerned about fingerprints there is a cheap, self-explanatory solution called a “soft cloth wipedown” and it works very well too.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Qualcuno sa dirmi quando e in quali modelli gen le viti sulla lunetta non sono più in oro bianco ma sono in acciaio?

Thanks

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Can anyone tell me when and in which gen models the screws on the bezel are no longer in white gold but are steel?