• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oaks rep FAQ thread.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
At this point it looks like an APSF, but I am not 100% certain. I base my uncertain conclusion on the serial number sequence as shown on some TD's websites. No other maker that I've noticed uses the "J" in their pictures. Perhaps some eagle-eyed member can identify the maker.

Did you buy it new from a dealer or used from a private seller? Regardless, I think you got a very good watch for the amount you paid for it. Congrats and enjoy.

smartypants91

Horology Curious
14/6/20
Canada
Hey Legend. Thank you for this thread!
The 15500 has an updated dial from APSF with a sunburst, compared to ZF's almost matte finish. Would you still rate the ZF as having the better dial?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey Legend. Thank you for this thread!
The 15500 has an updated dial from APSF with a sunburst, compared to ZF's almost matte finish. Would you still rate the ZF as having the better dial?
It is a matter of preference, since both do not look 100% accurate.
I prefer the latest APSF dial over the ZF one, and remember that is a matter of personal preference. Thank you.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
I honestly can't tell the difference in the tapestry unless I zoom in a lot lol. Like many have said, the biggest tell of these watches (unless you wear an absolute low tier shitter) is you

Reactions: tamomota

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
I honestly can't tell the difference in the tapestry unless I zoom in a lot lol. Like many have said, the biggest tell of these watches (unless you wear an absolute low tier shitter) is you

.. words of the week! Thank you man.
And after this truthful words we can close this thread. Everything has been said in few words.
:ROFLMAO:👌

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
.. words of the week! Thank you man.
And after this truthful words we can close this thread. Everything has been said in few words.
:ROFLMAO:👌
No the thread will remain open. You can choose not to come back if you don’t. It’s mainly for the benefit of others.

Hotsauce24

Horology Curious
2/2/24
🚨 Wait STOP....Please don't close this thread. The information here was so helpful. @Rantanplan please stop the tomfoolery, I know it's your PLAN to close this but the community needs this thread. Let's make a petition to stop this madness once and for all..who's with me??

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
🚨 Wait STOP....Please don't close this thread. The information here was so helpful. @Rantanplan please stop the tomfoolery, I know it's your PLAN to close this but the community needs this thread. Let's make a petition to stop this madness once and for all..who's with me??
:ROFLMAO: Thats the reason why I'm here: High quality content and sometimes a bad joke. And now lets continue the serious content about the beautfil Royal Oaks here.
And if I have confused someone - I'm very sorry about this 🙏

Hotsauce24

Horology Curious
2/2/24
:ROFLMAO: Thats the reason why I'm here: High quality content and sometimes a bad joke. And now lets continue the serious content about the beautfil Royal Oaks here.
And if I have confused someone - I'm very sorry about this 🙏
Lol JK. I'm glad to be apart of this community!

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc

You have to see it in Person

fonzy

Looking Around
30/7/23
US
Hello everyone,

I’ve had my eye on the ZF 16202 (blue dial) but havent been able to find much information on it. The ZF dials have a reputation of being more dull/matte than the dials from APSF (not a fan of it) and this one looks to be the same in all the TD pictures I’ve seen. I’m wondering if anyone thinks it might be a good idea to wait and see if APSF comes out with a version with a better sunburst dial or just buy a gen dial from eBay?

From what I’ve seen on previous posts the 15202 from ZF isn’t true in thickness to the Gen. I’ve seen some AD state the ZF16202 is 8.1mm thick as per genuine and I was wondering if anyone could confirm this is true. If not I saw that it might be possible to mod the case to gen spec.