• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oaks rep FAQ thread.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
supply and demand - 15500 Gen black dial around 1500 usd, slate gray around 2k, blue dial 6k

Reactions: kornnn

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
@legend First of all thanks for sharing your deep knowledge. I have actually the ZF 15500 with the black Dial, bought in Oct 2020. So I think it is the V2. Right?
What about the difference between V2 and V3 to the black dial? Worth an upgrade to V3? Has ZF change the quality of the black dial?
And the clone movement. It that really better than the Miyota, due to long life and getting spare parts, if something break down after years?
Thank a lot and all the best for you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@legend First of all thanks for sharing your deep knowledge. I have actually the ZF 15500 with the black Dial, bought in Oct 2020. So I think it is the V2. Right?
What about the difference between V2 and V3 to the black dial? Worth an upgrade to V3? Has ZF change the quality of the black dial?
And the clone movement. It that really better than the Miyota, due to long life and getting spare parts, if something break down after years?
The difference between the v2 and v3 is the dial so if you can swap out the dial for a v3 one I’ll recommend you do so. The difference for me is quite salient in terms of tapisseries shape and definition and the finish of the dial.

Reactions: Rantanplan

Rantanplan

31/1/22
The difference between the v2 and v3 is the dial so if you can swap out the dial for a v3 one I’ll recommend you do so. The difference for me is quite salient in terms of tapisseries shape and definition and the finish of the dial.
Thanks Legend. That makes sense. Do you know, where I can get only the V3 Dial in Black?

Rantanplan

31/1/22
.. and please my question about the different movements:
The clone movement 4302. It that really better than the Miyota, due to long life and getting spare parts, if something break down after years?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
.. and please my question about the different movements:
The clone movement 4302. It that really better than the Miyota, due to long life and getting spare parts, if something break down after years?
In terms of reliability I would put them both in the same bracket.
But in terms of visual accuracy (balance wheel position, movement layout), and functional accuracy (instant date change) the 4302 is a lot better,

Reactions: Daytona22 and joeyc

Kei king

22/2/23
Asia
The 15510 green dial is about 5000 euros or so. The grey one will be less, say about 3000 euros. Of course prices will fluctuate according to demand and supply.
Is it possible to get a generation 15500 dial if you are a legend? thank you

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is it possible to get a generation 15500 dial if you are a legend? thank you
Yes it’s possible to get a gen 15500 dial in any color if you’re not a legend.
It all depends on the timing and availability and how much you’re willing to pay.

Reactions: Kei king

Kei king

22/2/23
Asia
Yes it’s possible to get a gen 15500 dial in any color if you’re not a legend.
It all depends on the timing and availability and how much you’re willing to pay.
thank you for your reply. What will the actual market price be?

Daytona22

Supporter
22/6/23
South Germany
Excuse me for asking so directly, where is the biggest optical difference compared to the gen in my replica, bought for 240 euros, thank you

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Excuse me for asking so directly, where is the biggest optical difference compared to the gen in my replica, bought for 240 euros, thank you
Im Not an expert but the case band and bezel look too shinny to me, what factory is that and version.

It maybe the lighting

Reactions: Daytona22

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't have an answer to your question because the watch looks good as it is. My question to you is, what do you find wrong with it? A replica watch will never be equal to a genuine.

Last edited: