• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oaks rep FAQ thread.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
So you do not recommend the ZF16202 or ZF15450?
I am new here and asking in case those came out after the thread was written
@Bojomojo you have 2 accounts, and you are posting with your other account as if this was a normal thing to do. It isn't and it's not allowed by forum rules, in fact it's a bannable offense. Open a helpdesk ticket now to solve the issue. Do not post any further until this is done.

ogh gee

Horology Curious
17/5/24
I have a APSF with gen dial,
How much did the gen dial set you back??

Would you say sticking with the rep is still a stunning peice of art compared to the gen?

Do the rep give that wow factor, or is it like looking at a tisso dial next to a gen?? 😅😅

If it's only 10-20% of the look the gen gives I'm sold...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If it's only 10-20% ((off**)) the look the gen gives I'm sold.

Sorry, typo🙈
That is pretty subjective. How can you quantify a visual difference in percentage. Most wearers take themselves out of the equation when discussing believability of a watch but for me that’s the most significant factor of all.
In short don’t worry just buy what you fancy and wear it with pride. If the watch gets called out, examine yourself. It’s seldom the watch. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: ogh gee

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
If it's only 10-20% ((off**)) the look the gen gives I'm sold.

Sorry, typo🙈
If you carry it confidently you won't get called out as long as you're not wearing a total shitter and you're not going to an AP boutique or a gray dealer, lol.

ogh gee

Horology Curious
17/5/24
😄 totally agree.
My bad, I don't care about being called out or what others think😄😄
I just want something that i can't stop looking at my self.😍🫠
I've never never seen a rep in person with this kind of quality, but from what you guys have been saying show's I'm prob over thinking things😅😅

I appreciate the reply 🙏

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
😄 totally agree.
My bad, I don't care about being called out or what others think😄😄
I just want something that i can't stop looking at my self.😍🫠
I've never never seen a rep in person with this kind of quality, but from what you guys have been saying show's I'm prob over thinking things😅😅

I appreciate the reply 🙏
If you want something you really wish to admire on the wrist, consider getting the gen as the first option. If that isn’t a consideration for whatever reason then maybe consider putting a gen dial in any of the rep models. If you want an out of the box rep without considering the gen dial then either APSF or ZF is good enough.

ogh gee

Horology Curious
17/5/24
If you want something you really wish to admire on the wrist, consider getting the gen as the first option. If that isn’t a consideration for whatever reason then maybe consider putting a gen dial in any of the rep models. If you want an out of the box rep without considering the gen dial then either APSF or ZF is good enough.
Awesome, thank you very much!!!
Im sure ill find out with some digging, but do you have an idea of roughly how much a gen dial cost?

I'm sure I'll be happy enough with the apsf or zf latest version.

In terms of movments and case with Apsf For a base for a build. Is the royal oak 15400ss with the Miyota 9015 are these out dated compared to the 15500 with the A4302.

Would people recommend the upgrade to the new version?.

The 15400 is 39% off from the same price, I'm to knew to know why and do love a bargain if its there😄😄

As far as I can see and read it's just the movement and dial that are older. But does newer mean better usually??.

Or is there some kind of advantage to buying a movment that is more easy to get or service?

Sorry, ive written a novel 🙈🤦‍♂️

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
@legend . . . thank you for this contribution to the community.

I've never really been "into" APs, until I saw a Montauk Highway. It's not so much the chrono function (I'm actually scared of 7750s), but the light color scheme that gets my heart beating faster.

That out of the way, I have a 8-1/4" wrist and I don't think I ever bought a watch that had a bracelet or strap long enough to fit me. Not a problem with leather straps, as I can have them custom made to my specifications, but a huge problem for watches that have a proprietary steel bracelet or a rubber strap with a proprietary end link (some Cartier, etc.).

Do you happen to know the max wrist size an out-of-the box 15400 or 15500 would fit?
Are there extra links available?

Thanks!

Reactions: RDRoss

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
@legend . . . thank you for this contribution to the community.

I've never really been "into" APs, until I saw a Montauk Highway. It's not so much the chrono function (I'm actually scared of 7750s), but the light color scheme that gets my heart beating faster.

That out of the way, I have a 8-1/4" wrist and I don't think I ever bought a watch that had a bracelet or strap long enough to fit me. Not a problem with leather straps, as I can have them custom made to my specifications, but a huge problem for watches that have a proprietary steel bracelet or a rubber strap with a proprietary end link (some Cartier, etc.).

Do you happen to know the max wrist size an out-of-the box 15400 or 15500 would fit?
Are there extra links available?

Thanks!
So my wrist is just riiiight under 7" and for 15500 I have to take out 3 links to fit. You'd probably need one or two extra links. Yeah you can buy some extra rep links from some TDs.

Reactions: Hesekiel

AIRY:D

Horology Curious
8/3/24
Hey,
I am looking for replica of AP royal oak chronograph but (!!!):
1. With working chrono,
2. with main dial working as intended,
3. with correct sub dials, working as intended,
4. best if it would be in Stainless Steel with bracelet.

Does it exist?
Thanks

GeneralRep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/23
Uranus
No.
Hey,
1. With working chrono,

Does it exist?
Thanks
No.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hey,
1. With working chrono,

Does it exist?
Thanks
In the mechanical realm thick as a brick 🤣. Eg.: https://www.intime06.co/audemars-pi...black-white-subdial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html
Nevertheless, there is a new hope:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey,
1. With working chrono,

Does it exist?
Thanks
Actually yes.

Custom cnc case, custom dial and hands, FP1185 movement. Fulfills all your criteria above.

1675lover

23/7/22
Cost of gen AP parts will vary according to demand, availability and color.
Currently I would say $900-$1800.
Thanks!
while it’s quite “affordable“… on second thoughts I probably can’t pull off wearing an AP.
gen (not the dial, but the entire watch) is way out of my reach
better stick to wearing my PRX :ROFLMAO:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks!
while it’s quite “affordable“… on second thoughts I probably can’t pull off wearing an AP.
gen (not the dial, but the entire watch) is way out of my reach
better stick to wearing my PRX :ROFLMAO:
It’s mainly a matter of attitude, whenever I say that owners are the main tell when it comes to APs. If you think you can, you can.