• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
I've been looking over and comparing gen pics with the V3, and the differences are very very hard to discern. The only thing I've really taken notice (other than the obvious lume 'issue' ) is that the lug screw and strap screw are too long; the gen seems to be deeper inside the lugs and strap

Also, I would like to reserve judgement of how good the strap is until I can see the full picture of it. The V2 had the 2 grooves that go down the strap end smoothly, while the gen ends abruptly with distinct cutout

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The lume is not bad Angus, but I don't know, imho for a rep watch nearing $400 range and very highly anticipated and hyped, I think it can be better. Especially the lume on the dial sticks (too thick) and the 'jagged' ends. But its definitely not bad. This is just my opinion.

Also you haven't address the AR on the cyclop? Is it not colourless on the gen? Is the single side ar on the front crystal colourless?

Well regardless, you and the factory have done a very good job on this watch and I will get 1 from you for sure!

Sorry I missed the AR question, the gen has blue tint double AR on the cyclops so we will use the same, but the tint is very light and near colorless.
Thank you :)

lume is standard rep lume...have to be modded if you want 1:1

Your "standard" is so high man

Gents - it is what it is. We'll see how this special-effort rep goes down. If it's not worth the moolah we are all going to find out very quickly and the noob fatory will have to rethink their pricing. Nevertheless, this seems like it's gonna be a very good rep, and pretty modded - perhaps close to Franken. Let market forces dictate where the factories and and their prices go to from here.

But I want to thank Angus for the effort he's put into this.

Get your loupes ready! :)

Great watch no need for expensive mods :)
And recessed bezel screws, i love it,thanks to Angus and the others for this watch.
You have done a great job,i cant wait to buy it.

Thanks a lot dude :)

Hi Angus,

this is a great watch for the money. You and the team did a great job and the price is just fine. This watch is looking gen from close. I do not know why people use the magnifying glas on a rep. They should go and buy the gen. Do not sell to these people! Well done.

And I think I can call myself an HBB and AP rep expert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guru for your supportive words, I am sure will continue to work with the makers to produce better reps in the future :)

Do you think the V3 dial will fit into the V2?

Sorry I dont think so :( V3 is a complete different watch.

I've been looking over and comparing gen pics with the V3, and the differences are very very hard to discern. The only thing I've really taken notice (other than the obvious lume 'issue' ) is that the lug screw and strap screw are too long; the gen seems to be deeper inside the lugs and strap

Also, I would like to reserve judgement of how good the strap is until I can see the full picture of it. The V2 had the 2 grooves that go down the strap end smoothly, while the gen ends abruptly with distinct cutout

Sorry for my English, can you use some pics to elaborate? I dont have the strap with me so I cannot take more pics.

Have you seen the recent rubber strap from the noob maker like the PAM111N? Most of the experts say very good.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
This will be my 1st Ap, and I really really want this rep, but still want to hold of to see some Qc pics before buying, I commend your input Angus in getting this as far as you have, as i have been following the tread over on Rg, Looking forward to placing an order with you soon on this:popcorn:

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
I will be preordering this watch soon too:) I think the flaws aren't that big of a downside. And if in person the lume is that bad ill get it modded. Only thing I'd like to know is will it be waterproof from the factory? I have a montauk but I won't go in the water with it lol, so I think I would like to get this as my main boating and swimming watch.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
This will be my 1st Ap, and I really really want this rep, but still want to hold of to see some Qc pics before buying, I commend your input Angus in getting this as far as you have, as i have been following the tread over on Rg, Looking forward to placing an order with you soon on this:popcorn:

Sure no problems :) And thank you for your support :)

I will be preordering this watch soon too:) I think the flaws aren't that big of a downside. And if in person the lume is that bad ill get it modded. Only thing I'd like to know is will it be waterproof from the factory? I have a montauk but I won't go in the water with it lol, so I think I would like to get this as my main boating and swimming watch.

Yes it is waterproofed from the factory but it is still recommended to do a waterproofing test before going down into water, the case design is waterproof but the maker does not check their watches one by one so we better do it for ourselves :)

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
Sorry for my English, can you use some pics to elaborate? I dont have the strap with me so I cannot take more pics.

Have you seen the recent rubber strap from the noob maker like the PAM111N? Most of the experts say very good.

Hi Angus,

This is what I mean with the strap:

5805831918_4c9337a2e7.jpg

This is a gen. Take a look at the two grooves that go down the center. It ends with a sharp 'square-shaped' edge.

IMG_20120306_150710.jpg

This is rep strap: The grooves transition to a flush end.

Racer686

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/10
I had been following the V3 creation since Angus presented it in his section at RG. Many, many eyes poured over the prototype and gushed about the leaps and bounds the V3 had taken over the V2. Put a Ferrari's paint job under the microscope and you'll hear the same comments we're getting with the V3 bezel, "I wouldn't pay $xxx,xxx for that!" When was the last time you carried your microscope around?

By the way, I voted with my money. It went towards a V3.

Pete

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Any chance for a shorter strap option Agnus??

I know the V2 strap wouldn't fit people with wrists smaller than ~6.3" :(

If there is no short option, maybe you could ask for one of their hole-punches and custom cut a shorter hole for those of us that need it? :)

skidrow

27/12/10
+1

Any chance for a shorter strap option Agnus??

I know the V2 strap wouldn't fit people with wrists smaller than ~6.3" :(

If there is no short option, maybe you could ask for one of their hole-punches and custom cut a shorter hole for those of us that need it? :)

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
I was really looking forward to seeing this one finally finished, but not convinced on the lume, certainally doesn't look like the noob factorys standard to date, as for the price, well i've seen op's on the other forums saying stupid comments like i'd pay $500 Bucks ect, personally i'd go for the Asian movement, don't think the swiss option is worth it. Some how I think quite a few will be holding off buying till a proper review is done, and some better real life pic's....

Sharrkey knows of what he speaks. I totally agree.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I don't know why some people are so anal with the reps. Specially when professional people like Puretime with Noob make a good job to get better and better replicas.

By this post I would like to encourage people like Puretime and Noob to work hard getting better replicas in the future.

We all will be grateful

Go ahead my friends and congrats for your great job in the AP diver V3 !!

ALE

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Guys,

I have been working closely together with Puretime with this release and all I can say is that it is CLOSE, very close to the gen. Everyone went crazy about the V2 about how good it was, I did not. I've waited and now it's time to buy.

Even the serial numbers exist on the gen diver.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
This is just my point of view , but , when it comes to reps i don't look at the gen price ... I won't pay for a 300$ rep made in aluminum because the gen is 1 500 000 even considering the watch is0.002% of the price . I think that in the rep world the price should reflect the build quality the movement quality and service , the materials ... But not the price of the gen . I'm just hoping that the price of that watch is justifying the bucks :)

That can be said about the Gen as well. Why is an AP so much more expensive than a PAM?

If the quality of the rep reflects the Gen, the higher price is justified. There are far too many $100 reps of $25,000 watches, and they are all crap.

This time it looks like there may be a really good version of a top brand and that is worth extra money if it is similarly good quality.

We shall see what the reallity brings, but so far it looks to me like it will sell - because it is worth the additional $$$.

jstreit

Renowned Member
18/1/12
AP has been around since 1875. As with most old watch makers their pieces are very well made almost all handmade and limited production.

what is the difference between the two movements available?

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I just seen some more pics over on Repgeek from Toro, damn this don't half look good, emm wonder if Angus is still doing the Birthday Discount

Stepien100

21/2/09
omg it is still prototype no AR, lume will be better, ar on cyclops changed,

AcidGreen

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/3/12
Personally, I think this looks great. I'll wait to see what the reviews are like then I'll definitely be ordering the Swiss version.

I have to agree that I think some people become far too anal over reps. We seem to forget that even the gens have manufacturing faults and imperfections which cost many times more than a rep, yet we expect reps to be absolutely flawless?! Come on now... Be realistic.
I've seen gen watches with incredibly badly applied lume among other things. These rep makers are dong a great job.