• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Price of reps have nothing to do with the price of the gen counterpart.

If that's what is starting to happen, the rep game will be coming to end for me cause that's bullshit on so many levels.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Questions on the movements.
Which one is the better?
Swiss ETA or Swiss Selita? ETA is $10 more, what makes it more pricey?

"They" want to sell Selita. ETA has long been rumored to be more and more scarce. This might effect cost as well.

This is also me quite possibly blowin' smoke out my arse... ; )

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
More speculation... Perhaps this wave of superlumed, super engineered, Super Reps will increase expectations AND the numerous QC requests/OCD demands that will accompany them.

All together, more than enough reason to drive up the price.

Granted, some of these features are things WE as enthusiasts have been clamoring for but... When you pay more don't you expect more?

Anyone else see this coming???

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kal Vilmer

24/1/11
I call BS, the factories are just testing the waters, if people buy them for 400 USD, the next model will be 500 and so forth.
I also don't agree with the "it's 1% of the price of the gen", what's next? Rep Ambassadors?.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I dont know why everyone is looking at the Swiss movement price US$440. What about the Asian price US$348? Which is US$50 more than the previous non 1:1 V2 US$298. The maker bought a gen watch and remade this watch and I personally think the US$50 is reasonable.

The Swiss movement options are expensive not because of the watch but the movement itself, the Swiss movement is now VERY expensive and I am not making money with the extra money needed to upgrade to Swiss movement. US$80 to upgrade to Sellita SW200 movement and I have to pay the maker US$75 (I will get about US$75 after deducting the payment processing fees).

I admit the bezel lume is not perfect but it looks ok to me, if you dont like the lume and you can go for a mod.

We (me and the rep community) have been trying very hard to make this piece right and what I want is only a little support from you, you dont have to buy this watch but this is what we built altogether.

Another small piece of info of this watch, the case of the AP Diver is surely more expensive to make than the APROO, because of the inner bezel rotating mechanism, it is not a cheap part, the APROO is priced high because of its movement is special and dominant to the noob maker, otherwise the APROO's will be priced more or less the same as this AP Diver.

More info to add to the watch:
The pics show only the prototype, the final product will have
Single AR'd front crystal
Double AR'd cyclops (only slight blue tint at cyclops)

Thanks.

s65amg

10/6/11
ETA OR SELLITA? Which is better?
Angus, give me one of these, please!!!

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
More info to add to the watch:
The pics show only the prototype, the final product will have
Single AR'd front crystal
Double AR'd cyclops (only slight blue tint at cyclops)

Thanks.

So the lume is final? There won't be any updates to the jaggy ends?

Most of the noob factory products have colourless AR on the crystal. I don't understand why the cyclops crystal will have a blue tint on it, isn't the gen colourless?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
ETA OR SELLITA? Which is better?
Angus, give me one of these, please!!!

Sorry only sellita is available for Swiss movement now :)

OK still some guys doubt the lume, here are some pics to share:
Found a more realistic gen lume shot from the internet:
jnw11ykk2n2ojwn8f3-nuit.jpg

Source:
http://www.bdwf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75208

And compare with the V3:
IMG_0266_1fd2e.512.jpg

I think the rep lume is not bad?

Actually it looks very ok in daylight, the image was magnified to at least 30x so you can see the "flaws" easily. Here are some good examples:

The image of the bezel in the size of 970*727, which is the same size as I posted on this thread, you can see how small the actual bezel is
IMG_0787_f56f1.970.jpg

IMG_0016_aa230.970.jpg

Then this one, the bezel in the image shows almost the same size as the real thing with the resolution 144*144
IMG_0787_f56f1.144.jpg

IMG_0015_16afd.970.jpg

So the bezel will still look nice in daylight

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
The lume is not bad Angus, but I don't know, imho for a rep watch nearing $400 range and very highly anticipated and hyped, I think it can be better. Especially the lume on the dial sticks (too thick) and the 'jagged' ends. But its definitely not bad. This is just my opinion.

Also you haven't address the AR on the cyclop? Is it not colourless on the gen? Is the single side ar on the front crystal colourless?

Well regardless, you and the factory have done a very good job on this watch and I will get 1 from you for sure!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
qsb5, a sales thread is not the place to critique the watch. If you wish to do so please start a thread in the AP section.

FWIW I think you are being over critical here. I happen to know how much work Angus and the guys put into this and pouring over hugely blown up pics for flaws that the naked eye won't even see is pointless. This is as good as it will get but as I said if you dissagee, go start a thread elsewhere.

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
qsb5, a sales thread is not the place to critique the watch. If you wish to do so please start a thread in the AP section.

FWIW I think you are being over critical here. I happen to know how much work Angus and the guys put into this and pouring over hugely blown up pics for flaws that the naked eye won't even see is pointless. This is as good as it will get but as I said if you dissagee, go start a thread elsewhere.

I never question how much Angus and the others have put into this at all. I know they've done a very good job and put a lot into this. I was just stating my opinion. Well, I don't mean to criticize, I was meaning to ask him a few questions regarding the final product of the V3 diver. And I know if I start another thread Angus might miss it altogether.

newbie2replicas

20/12/09
Gents - it is what it is. We'll see how this special-effort rep goes down. If it's not worth the moolah we are all going to find out very quickly and the noob fatory will have to rethink their pricing. Nevertheless, this seems like it's gonna be a very good rep, and pretty modded - perhaps close to Franken. Let market forces dictate where the factories and and their prices go to from here.

But I want to thank Angus for the effort he's put into this.

Get your loupes ready! :)

btrizzy1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/09

Huh? Since when was this a sales thread? And why make another AP Diver V3 thread when this one is already in the AP section?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Huh? Since when was this a sales thread? And why make another AP Diver V3 thread when this one is already in the AP section?

you are quite right. With the title and and Angus posting I thought it was his thread in his section, my bad, carry on.

jonasprivate

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/10
Great watch no need for expensive mods :)
And recessed bezel screws, i love it,thanks to Angus and the others for this watch.
You have done a great job,i cant wait to buy it.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Hi Angus,

this is a great watch for the money. You and the team did a great job and the price is just fine. This watch is looking gen from close. I do not know why people use the magnifying glas on a rep. They should go and buy the gen. Do not sell to these people! Well done.

And I think I can call myself an HBB and AP rep expert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD