• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

TheBattler

26/7/10
The AP Diver is AP's ugliest offshore design lets stop kidding ourselves.

It's not special at all. 300m, internel bezel pusher on opposite side of crown, Weak Lume, weak intenal AR etc.

Too bad the V3 is so close. Still debating on picking one up since I already have a very beautiful AP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ichi

25/4/12
The AP Diver is AP's ugliest offshore design lets stop kidding ourselves.

It's not special at all. 300m, internel bezel pusher on opposite side of crown, Weak Lume, weak intenal AR etc.

Too bad the V3 is so close. Still debating on picking one up since I already have a very beautiful AP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

:finger:

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
Anyone have any thoughts on the ar stripping idea?

Want to get some opinions before I go steaming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Anyone have any thoughts on the ar stripping idea?

Want to get some opinions before I go steaming in.

I don't know why a lot of people are hung up on the slight blue on the cyclops, come on guys this is a truly outstanding REP, yes a $350 rep of a Gen $18,000 watch, why risk the chance of opening up removing ar, only to strip the head of a screw on the back or finding dust on the dial once you have put all back together.
But heh each to there own, seeking perfection in our hobby is pointless, what's the chance of someone coming up to you and saying nice Ap diver, I've got one too, let's compare.

Enjoy the rep for what it is, a beautifully replicated $350 watch.
Wear a Rolex and people will think it's a fake, wear a Ap and most will say, "Never heard of Ap"

Sent from my using Tapatalk HD

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
I don't know why a lot of people are hung up on the slight blue on the cyclops, come on guys this is a truly outstanding REP, yes a $350 rep of a Gen $18,000 watch, why risk the chance of opening up removing ar, only to strip the head of a screw on the back or finding dust on the dial once you have put all back together.
But heh each to there own, seeking perfection in our hobby is pointless, what's the chance of someone coming up to you and saying nice Ap diver, I've got one too, let's compare.

Wear a Rolex and people will think it's a fake, wear a Ap and most will say, "Never heard of Ap"

Absolutely - It's a fantastic rep, but still can be spotted as such from a few feet by a novice. Defeating the point and wasting the other great lengths that the makers have gone to that make this so accurate.

It is extremely unlikely that the situation will arise that you'll be called out, but the fact that it could (potentially) and that the hobby is essentially to get as close as gen to possible - it's enough motivation to change the cyclops to me, if it's easy and possible.

Think if a simple thing can be done to remove that very apparent blue glare, I'd like to do it. Unfortunately it bugs me every time I look at it, and so detracts from the enjoyment of what is undoubtedly one of the most well made reps I've ever had. Blue ar is commonly known to be on a lot of cheap reps, and I really don't want it in the middle of the dial in my diver.

Personal taste and tolerance though I suppose. Each to their own as you say :)

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11

You hit the nail right on the head....+1

watchfaker

26/12/10
Rocking it :) Already got many compliments!
e3c772d4b28111e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

I haven't really noticed too much of the blue hue to the cyclops. Under sun light its practically clear. Under florescent light there's a slight blue hue under certain angles. I think it's a very minute flaw. I'm sure the gen reacts the same.

LP640

18/1/09
Tried the gen on once, it's not bad, but don't know why it cost so much as a rep considering there isn't much diff to what any Rolex or Omega should cost....would hate it to be a premium just cause its AP....anyhow will buy one for a daily beater cause it looks durable enough for that, just hope it is as good as my Ploprof...

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
AR on the cyclops removed, serviced and waterproofed to at least 30m (machine max)

522b80d4-898c-cbc0.jpg

522b80d4-899a-65f7.jpg

I'm happy. No more blue fog :)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
AR on the cyclops removed, serviced and waterproofed to at least 30m (machine max)

522b80d4-898c-cbc0.jpg

522b80d4-899a-65f7.jpg

I'm happy. No more blue fog :)

Does the cyclops not Stand out now?

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
522b80d4-8b58-bf8c.jpg

522b80d4-8b6e-2a50.jpg

Gen

522b80d4-8b88-61e8.jpg

522b80d4-8b9d-0571.jpg

Still not perfect, cyclops still stands out slightly - just now blends in more colour wise, and doesn't have that blue haze. Each to their own though as to what you prefer.

Will still go for an Ar'd cyclops when they're available

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Yeh can see where you are coming from, I'm delighted with mine, slight blue hue on cyclops and all:)

Did the watch take much to be waterproofed, I.e did any of gaskets need to be replaced?

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
Yeah it's me being anal, and preference. I don't want to detract from the effort that went into this one. Hands down the most well made rep I've ever had. My watchmaker deals with gen ap's iwcs all day long. Usually sneers at my reps; but this one, & bk and TC subs he's been genuinely very impressed indeed.

He said it wasn't too bad to work on at all.

The lack of ar will annoy me now probably, but I think blue ar is more noticeable to the average novice staring at your wrist than an obvious blue. AP are unlikely to ever use potent blue ar on any of their watches.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Yeah it's me being anal, and preference. I don't want to detract from the effort that went into this one. Hands down the most well made rep I've ever had. My watchmaker deals with gen ap's iwcs all day long. Usually sneers at my reps; but this one, & bk and TC subs he's been genuinely very impressed indeed.

He said it wasn't too bad to work on at all.

The lack of ar will annoy me now probably, but I think blue ar is more noticeable to the average novice staring at your wrist than an obvious blue. AP are unlikely to ever use potent blue ar on any of their watches.

My guess is a novice won't know what an ap is. ;)