• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

TheBattler

26/7/10
At the rate Jay-Z is going at, AP and hublot will get their recognition

Yeah they're going to end up being the new "Jacob&Co."

These companies are sacrificing so much Brand Image with the urban and sports scene endorsements and advertising.

They are diluting their names, especially Audemars Piguet. Sad to see really.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Yeah, but I think jay z is a bad example, as he is from what I've read a legitimate watch guy. Saw him sporting a reverse at some awards show, which is a characteristically un-blingy watch for a rapper to be wearing.

A bigger concern might be that these companies are delving more and more into gaudy designs that appeal to people with more money than taste. If ap didn't make 44mm rose gold watches that look like theyre from the future, they might be less popular amongst the ball player and rappers.

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
Rick Ross and his chums are doing their very best to wreck AP too. I even remember a video of his in which he was noted wearing a diamond encrusted quartz ROO. Clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Again, how is that their fault? If AP wants to maintain their sophisticated image, then they should stop making watches that people like Rick Ross would want to wear. I like the ROO line, but theyre gaudy watches.

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
Haha thanks. Does anyone think that it looks better? Or am I mental

The diver I mean. Not the belt

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
looking so much better with out the blue hue .... its a good trade off .. single ar instead of double ar and no blue ....

TheBattler

26/7/10
A bigger concern might be that these companies are delving more and more into gaudy designs that appeal to people with more money than taste. If ap didn't make 44mm rose gold watches that look like theyre from the future, they might be less popular amongst the ball player and rappers.

I do not think that the design is at fault. There are all sorts of brands releasing ostentatious watches.

AP is a victim or a benefactor (in their eyes) because of their marketing department.

They'll give you a few watches if you drop their name a few times in your raps.

Take Richard Mille. I believe there can be no more gaudy a watch than a Richard Mille.

For obvious reasons.

Are they a hot brand? Yes.
Are they "Blingy"? Yes.
Exorbitantly Priced? Yes.

Why is it that Rappers and celebrities don't wear them? Because Richard Mille doesn't give them away for free.

He gave Rafa Nadal an RM tourbillon (twice) but Nadal is as safe an athlete as Jack Nicklaus.

In Conclusion, stop your payola AP or I will stop buying AP reps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Jay-Z-and-Beyonce.jpg

Jay z has as least one RM. that said, I think Jay-z is in a different level of class compared to guys like Rick Ross. Depending of who they are "sponsoring" watch wise, it may or may not be a wise decision. The market for luxury watches is inextricably tied to the market for high end fashion, which is in a lot of instances very enmeshed with the rap scene.

Regardless of how AP got to be popular in the rap scene, it has become the new "it" watch, at least I'm part because they are big and gaudy. Comparing them to RM doesn't work great because RMs are at an even more prohibitive price point, such that even the most frivolous up and coming rapper might think twice before blowing their advance on one. I would be willing to be that if AP had been giving out RO chronographs to rappers instead of offshores, they wouldn't have taken off in the same way.

Point being, watches like the ROO are designed and marketed for people who lean towards conspicuous consumption (people who live in Miami talk about seeing them all the time, I haven't seen one in the wild in the suburbs of DC, where there is plenty of money but it's a much less ostentatious culture), so even if they didn't market towards rappers they are still more likely to be worn by people like rappers than, say, an ALS datograph. Considering the general market for the ROO line, the decision to use rappers as marketing may or may not turn out to be folly.

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
looking so much better with out the blue hue .... its a good trade off .. single ar instead of double ar and no blue ....

Cheers, I think so too. You going to indulge in the same treatment?

And the day I see 'Meek Mill' & co rocking an AP diver or Panerai will be the day I throw my watch box in the river.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Uh oh.... London.. TB is calling you out and I agree please semnd your watches asap to me AP Diver first :lol:

@new@

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/12
has anyone ordered just a SS bracelet from puretime and tried installing on Diver V3? is it a direct fit bracelet installation?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It doesn't fit straight off, it needs modifying. But the noobfactory might be willing to sell the bracelet already modded.

@new@

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/12
thanks. when i want to order i'll talk to Angus first, make sure he send me a modded one.

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
:lol1: LOL tachometer!? This isn't a dashboard you know.
In this case, this watch is obviously the wrong watch you intended to buy