• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

Vester71

Known Member
9/11/10
Over on RG they are getting a list together for people interested in a custom non-blue AR cyclops the the V3. Get your name on the list if you're interested. I see both sides - I'm fine with the bluish tint, but will replace if I have a good option.

I figure I can get it lumed, serviced and sealed/waterproofed and a new cyclops while it's open. That being said I bet the cyclops is a couple months off.

vaqua

Known Member
8/5/07
Here are my qc pictures from Puretime, can you comment:)

Thanks

vaqua

Known Member
8/5/07
thanks for the link, and I do apologize for posting them, being a newbie I should have done more research and don't post QC pictures without a specific question.

My apologies again.

Having said that Iam wondering if those are sctraches on the glass or reflection from the lume or hue?

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
thanks for the link, and I do apologize for posting them, being a newbie I should have done more research and don't post QC pictures without a specific question.

My apologies again.

Having said that Iam wondering if those are sctraches on the glass or reflection from the lume or hue?
Just ask the dealer to check on them, he'll tell you if there is anything to worry about.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Is it just me or does it seem that qc is falling on this model? Missing o rings, movements failing. I am curious as to how many more people have issues. It makes me glad that I am waiting this out until V3.2 comes out.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Just you mate ;)
Most of the time your lucky but sometimes not.
No one in this hobby been spared from crappy movements, missing seals if you been around a while.
Buy all reps assuming they will break and need a service.

Have had 4-5 watches with various issues all of them "ultimate super extra everything personally inspected by virgins blessed by the swiss gods of watchmaking" and still xtals falling out, moments crapping out after a few months.

Only way to get less "flaws" from the start is going gen and even those got issues.

Sent from the future through Tapatalk 2

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
In the pipeline to get the cyclops AR removed. Maybe just the top layer. That blue hue is extremely visible a lot of them time I'm wearing it.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the blue-ness will be reduced by removing one side of the ar?

I've noted that the gen ar isn't particularly good anyway. Would rather slightly weak ar rather than a bright blue patch of cyclops on the dial. I aim to get colourless ar done when it's available still. .

This is the gen. Note the cyclops and weak ar.

d4b78052-75f1-42dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkgunslinger

23/6/10
Is that really a pic of the gen? The AR on that looks really weak actually....I almost want to say it looks like the v2 (no AR?)....??

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
It is indeed. There are other pics too that highlight it if you do a google image search.

Does anyone know if removing the top layer of ar will reduce the appearance of the fully blue cyclops? I don't mind a blueish tinge in certain lights, but currently at certain angles it looks like the whole thing is made from blue glass.

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
yes totally true .. its way to blue ....!! been looking at other option this would be a easy mod to do ... as i would rather have the weak ar then the blue!!

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Is it just me or does it seem that qc is falling on this model? Missing o rings, movements failing. I am curious as to how many more people have issues. It makes me glad that I am waiting this out until V3.2 comes out.

v3.2? What is this?

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
d4b7801b-b31f-30b3.jpg
d4b7801b-b35b-602a.jpg

d4b7801b-b36d-08a7.jpg

Think stripping the ar a bit may be a good idea after seeing more. Gen looks fairly rubbish.

Thoughts?

gaizka

11/10/11
looks like anyone modding a V3 will end up with a diver thats better looking than Gen!

I think we can all agree on three poor aspects of the $15,000 Gen;

1. Poor AR-cause there is none
2. poor lume-as noted in a dive review from a major gen watch site.
3. low beat movement- how much did I just spend?

bobbyrutgers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/12
looks like anyone modding a V3 will end up with a diver thats better looking than Gen!

I think we can all agree on three poor aspects of the $15,000 Gen;

1. Poor AR-cause there is none
2. poor lume-as noted in a dive review from a major gen watch site.
3. low beat movement- how much did I just spend?

lol, exactly. funny how a modded v3 > gen