• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another terrible bad review of Hont Watch.

treacherousmainspring

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/6/24
OP try to hand in your lottery ticket three days after the drawing and find out how much a "mere technicality" matters.
Handing in your lottery ticket 3 days after the draw in order to get any prize is exactly what has to be done if you don’t want the ticket (and the prize) to expire.

Next time you wanna troll somebody at least think.

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
Seems I saw it somewhere on this forum about being a member first.... there is just so much to take in when new. Best of luck!
Yes indeed, the forum is huge with dozens of thousands of threads to read through which even if I wanted to I wouldn’t have time to go through to get everything. People really need to chill about these things with new people.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

ToxicManChowder

Known Member
Supporter
27/5/24
Here and Now
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha

Rockfly

Banned
25/3/24
I'm curious as to why the time of joining this forum has anything to do with this situation. In my experience, unless you have expended a certain amount of time (randomly determined by an angry expert), sorting through endless, usually outdated posts using a non-existent search function, many of the "experts" are quick to slam a newbie. Is this a site for everyone that is interested in the Rep world or just those that have spent years in the quest for the perfect Rep? IOW.... lighten up guys. Let's see what Hont has to say before we slam the OP. Seems like a possible scam by a TD might be a pretty serious subject that deserves some attention.

GingerBubba

I make Billy Butcher blush.
24/10/17
Thank you for showing your true faces. It shows how people here only care about scamming instead of running a good community about people who love watches like myself.

I have 5 gen and bought these 2 reps as a start. I guess I’ll keep buying gens instead of giving money to crooks.
I want you to lose your money just because you're such a massive bellend, as evidenced by ever single thing you've posted in this thread.

I'll miss your when you're gone.

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
I'm curious as to why the time of joining this forum has anything to do with this situation. In my experience, unless you have expended a certain amount of time (randomly determined by an angry expert), sorting through endless, usually outdated posts using a non-existent search function, many of the "experts" are quick to slam a newbie. Is this a site for everyone that is interested in the Rep world or just those that have spent years in the quest for the perfect Rep? IOW.... lighten up guys. Let's see what Hont has to say before we slam the OP. Seems like a possible scam by a TD might be a pretty serious subject that deserves some attention.
Thank you man. I am willing to post the screenshots to my conversation with him which show 1000% everything I have been explaining but everybody is instead choosing to attack me. I haven’t been allowed to post them and when I did they were removed by the mods.

So this situation feels like I am guilty of everything bad until proven otherwise and Hont is not going to respond.

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
This guy must be getting finger cramps from all the energy he is expending on typing here and on another rep forum – and possibly others. His assertion is that the traffic generated is getting across his point to many members but perhaps fails to realize that any sympathy generated may not be for him. A one-sided tirade achieves very little, except perhaps to expose the limitations of the OP.

treacherousmainspring

Banned
2/6/24
This guy must be getting finger cramps from all the energy he is expending on typing here and on another rep forum – and possibly others. His assertion is that the traffic generated is getting across his point to many members but perhaps fails to realize that any sympathy generated may not be for him. A one-sided tirade achieves very little, except perhaps to expose the limitations of the OP.
Here I am. Coming to explain a frustrating situation I have found myself in, I have uploaded screenshots to prove my point , I have had to DEFEND MYSELF against a scammer. And people like you take the side of the scammer instead of the scammed.

• Haha

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Such a great and respectful community. Cheers man

Imagine a stranger coming into your own place, you and your family (community) sitting around the table, and this stranger who just barged in the door is badmouthing a respected person which is well known to you and with whom you have had excellent dealings for years (TD).

Please show some respect. Then you will be respected.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
Here I am. Coming to explain a frustrating situation I have found myself in, I have uploaded screenshots to prove my point , I have had to DEFEND MYSELF against a scammer. And people like you take the side of the scammer instead of the scammed.
You explained your frustration about Hont in the first post and will NOT get any help from the RWI staff because YOU were NOT a member when ordering the watch.
I have posted them in reddit though and the post is going viral because the treatment has been crazy.
Don't know why you are still here complaining about Hont and wanting them to be removed from being a TD. Seems like you are gong viral over on Reddit (your words) and should be there speaking to all your followers.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

It will help garner sympathy if you post pics of your two masters degrees

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I helped you on your ticket even when I told you that you technically didn't qualify. I contacted hont at that time and he told me that he was waiting for more of your currency before he could refund you.

I also explained how many dealers in China operate. You don't send money to them, it goes to their handler. They don't send you watches, their shipping agent does, etc, etc.

I spoke to him yesterday and he refunded you. You simply haven't seen it hit your account yet. Going from China outward sometimes takes 24 hours.

Man..

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Be pissed that he isn't moving fast enough, but don't call a 16+ year dealer a scammer. It only makes you look stupid for using him if that were really the case.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Wow.
All y'all newbies approach this the wrong way.

I'm in a business of selling expensive luxury goods, and I always try to resolve issues and de-escalade in the rare cases a customer is dissatisfied. As long as the customer approaches me in a polite way, I'm there to help.
But in a few cases, some unsatisfied customer threatens me right from the start with a law suit, tries to scare me, and that results in me responding accordingly (I practiced law until 1999) and wish them the best for their future while ignoring their threads.
Don't do that. Be polite. Be patient.

I've never bought from Hont but many of us here on RWI have. He's a trusted dealer for a reason, but y'all newbies need to have patience with business transactions that span over several continents into a country with police raids, a different holiday structure, and a different mind set. It's been said many times here: this hobby is a marathon, not a sprint. Live and learn, or do it your way and learn it the hard way.