• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another terrible bad review of Hont Watch.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
A moronic version of Mission: Impossible, "Your mission, should you choose to accept it", "Wait, why I am banned?", "As always, should you or any of your Rediots Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

wordwide

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/24
What strategy man? You guys are talking like it is acceptable for a TRUSTED DEALER to scam people because of technicalities.
I don't understand why a member sharing an experience gets banned and ridiculed. I understand he won´t get help since he wasn't a member when purchasing, but I've seen his post and the screens on other forums and this led me to not ordering from hont here. I just purchased my first rep ever a week back and even though we´re noobs and all that, sellers ignoring buyers and writing (more or less) go f yourself when they ask for what a TD has stated is their right doesn´t seem trust-inducing to me as a new member.

Again, I understand it's dumb to join a forum berating a TD after a purchase, buut I feel stuff like this should be taken more seriously.

munichman

Known Member
25/3/24
Munich, Germany
I don't understand why a member sharing an experience gets banned and ridiculed.
Are you, by any far chance, the same "member"?
You don´t understand why he got banned?
That´s really simple.
Because he behaved like a complete jerk.
And I personally don´t think it´s a splendid idea to jump in for this unfortunate ex member

Reactions: Dave2302

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I don't understand why a member sharing an experience gets banned and ridiculed. I understand he won´t get help since he wasn't a member when purchasing, but I've seen his post and the screens on other forums and this led me to not ordering from hont here. I just purchased my first rep ever a week back and even though we´re noobs and all that, sellers ignoring buyers and writing (more or less) go f yourself when they ask for what a TD has stated is their right doesn´t seem trust-inducing to me as a new member.

Again, I understand it's dumb to join a forum berating a TD after a purchase, buut I feel stuff like this should be taken more seriously.
Hont has always refunded people. He never hasn't. Is he slow? Yes. There are stories and reviews of him refunding after 2-3 weeks. Is it the best practice? Probably not. But to accuse Hont of being a scammer and stealing your measly $300 is laughable and flies against what the forum stands for.

If you read the whole thread, OP was offered a refund - and in fact was given one.

Then he starts threatening and accusing and shit talking everybody in the thread, including moderators who took their time to help him - even though he wasn't a member. He got his refund.

You'll see these "reviews" and "posts" quite often, and most often - you can see basically the attitude and personality of the person posting usually is the biggest "tell" of these karens.

We always say, "treat the TD nicely and patiently" - and they will often treat you kindly back. Never in my years of buying a replica have I ever had a bad issue with any of these TDs, they've never insulted or disrespected me, because I respected them. And often times we come to a good solution.

Do you know in Chinese culture, to be called a "scammer" or a "liar" is very disrespectful? I know some of my Chinese friends would immediately stop doing business with people who call them such words. It's a personal disrespect and also disrespectful to their "honor/image", especially in the world of business.

Furthermore, as I stated before, RWI is it's own community. The moderators and everyone doing the work to support these kind of issues is doing it for free. Most of these posters come from reddit, only pop their head up when they have an issue, often doing no reading. Why should we support Reddit? They're not part of the community, they leach off RWI but don't return or give anything back.

The TDs offered here originally were to help protect community members. If RWI had to mediate every single person and transaction for every single dealer who isn't a member, then quite frankly, they would have an insane workload. Probably a full time job for 5-10 people minimum.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@wordwide

Read the whole thread, then read it again.

I can assure you that why he was banned was not a negative review of a TD.
Members are encouraged to leave factual reviews for both TDs and other members.

And if they are a member, before ordering, they will be assisted.

This member joined after ordering.

He then proceeds to insult both members and staff, so it was game over / end of discussion.

That type of behaviour is unacceptable here, as evidenced by both the OP being shown the window, and the other member after comment #51.

Last edited:

wordwide

Getting To Know The Place
18/8/24
Ok got you. I had not read the whole thread. He was being a jerk and I understand his banning. @Reaps I think being called a scammer is insulting in every culture :D

I honestly came across his post in another forum yesterday while looking for reviews before doing a purchase and it kinda threw me off, my point was that it seemed like crappy behaviour from a TD.

I do get the point that you shouldn't leech of this forum which this user was on top of being rude.

I came across RWI when looking for a good rep and I appreciate the community here, as a noob I can find answers to all my questions here.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Ok got you. I had not read the whole thread. He was being a jerk and I understand his banning. @Reaps I think being called a scammer is insulting in every culture :D

I honestly came across his post in another forum yesterday while looking for reviews before doing a purchase and it kinda threw me off, my point was that it seemed like crappy behaviour from a TD.

I do get the point that you shouldn't leech of this forum which this user was on top of being rude.

I came across RWI when looking for a good rep and I appreciate the community here, as a noob I can find answers to all my questions here.

Anyways, that's my two cents.
In life, in the world, it never hurts to be nice.

In general, here is how you should approach problems.

1) Do research on the TD you are buying. Read their policies. Ask them about what their "insurance" covers. May it shock you that some of the TDs don't offer customs seizure insurance? Get to know their policies, return, etc. Lots of noobs don't read and then peel the stickers off their first rep and then complain that they can't return it - even though TD policies clearly state to leave stickers on to return. Read their reviews. For example, I don't use Hont anymore because he doesn't like RL defects, for me as a buyer, I know I would not be compatible with this issue

2) If you have an issue, be nice, be patient, and discuss it with the dealer. Try to talk to them, remeber it's a Chinese translator. Try to meet in the middle ground and/or find a resolution you are both happy with. Remember to be reasonable, it isn't Amazon.

3) If you really feel that you cannot come to an agreement or a suitable arrangement, only then come to the forum and file a help desk ticket.

4) Usually you should only post reviews AFTER your entire saga is over. Having an "on going" review while you're in mediation with a TD is basically bad trouble already. You put them on public blast but still want a private resolution? Often times there will be already some friction.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

Sorry, who are?🤔

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I think what a lot of people don't realize is that you just have to be patient with TDs because this is a risky business for them. This means that once the money leaves your account it becomes dirty money and have to be laundered before it gets to the TD and the same applies to refunds. They have to have useable currency to refund us in the west that is not traceable to a fake watch industry. For us we just get a new watch or a refund but if a TD is busted they're in deep deep shit. Just be patient and things usually work out.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
The world of high end replicas is, despite its growing size, a somewhat closed community that opens its arms to newcomers who genuinely desire to become part of it, learn, benefit, and then contribute, but we don't want people who come here and misbehave and stir up the pot.
We lean a helping hand to learn, point out where to start and where to continue, but we don't spoon feed information that took us years to acquire. That's why questions like "who makes the best Rolex" are ignored.

At my car mechanic's shop, there's a sign on the wall, reading:

"If I charge you $200 for a job that takes me 30 minutes to do, I'm not charging you for the 30 minutes, but the 30 years it took me to learn how to do it in 30 minutes."