• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Moonswatch metal case project

DapperDoctorHolmes

Getting To Know The Place
17/8/24
Successfully completed the mod with a cheap replica case I nabbed from someone on Reddit as well as with a Pagani Design V6 (making one for a friend and wanted to compare the two). It's not a great replica, so the case is heftier than it should be (comes to 15.6mm including the crystal and replica case back). Compare to the Pagani, which is 14.2mm including crystal and case back. The bezel on the Pagani is also better, both in terms of height and in terms of accuracy. The case backs are also interchangeable, although the replica case back is roughly 0.4mm thicker.

Only downside to the Pagani is the Omega crown I bought off Ali-X didn't actually fit - does anyone here have a link to one that does definitely fit?

The 'Replica' is on the left, Pagani is on the right.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Only downside to the Pagani is the Omega crown I bought off Ali-X didn't actually fit - does anyone here have a link to one that does definitely fit?

You have two options
Measure the thread of the tube and look for a crown that fits
Change the tube (it’s press fit) and crown
You need to measure the tube.

DapperDoctorHolmes

17/8/24
You have two options
Measure the thread of the tube and look for a crown that fits
Change the tube (it’s press fit) and crown
You need to measure the tube.
Thanks Karbon! Was hoping someone else here had already done it with a standard Pagani case and might have a confirmed link, but I’ll give the measurement process a try.

sting

Supporter
Certified
10/3/24
Successfully completed the mod with a cheap replica case I nabbed from someone on Reddit as well as with a Pagani Design V6 (making one for a friend and wanted to compare the two). It's not a great replica, so the case is heftier than it should be (comes to 15.6mm including the crystal and replica case back). Compare to the Pagani, which is 14.2mm including crystal and case back. The bezel on the Pagani is also better, both in terms of height and in terms of accuracy. The case backs are also interchangeable, although the replica case back is roughly 0.4mm thicker.

The 'Replica' is on the left, Pagani is on the right.
Personally I found the best thing to do was buy a Jason 007 Speedmaster replica, and just use that case. That way you have a Omega crown, an engraved case back and a engraved bracelet for a round £60. You even end up with a VK63 movement and Omega dial that you can put in the Pagani, and use as a daily and not worry about scratches and dings 👍

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Personally I found the best thing to do was buy a Jason 007 Speedmaster replica, and just use that case. That way you have a Omega crown, an engraved case back and a engraved bracelet for a round £60. You even end up with a VK63 movement and Omega dial that you can put in the Pagani, and use as a daily and not worry about scratches and dings 👍
100% agree

Reactions: sting

tofino

16/9/24
I have bought one of them
The green dial in rose gold

🤣

To be frank, the dial is very good…the rest of the watch is absolute shit
The caseback is a clip on case
Dang, All I wanted was the caseback. We need to find a factory source for just the backs.

tofino

16/9/24
Buy from Jason007

SHARE FOR REWARDS Hurry! Use My Link Now To Get Up To $20. Enjoy Great Products On DHgate! https://m.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-master-quartz-chronograph-function/654034957.html
Thats what I am going to end up doing.
Now I just need UTdesign to post something like this Tintin version and my dreams will be complete
hOCgok.png

Pomodoro

Moon based operations
7/8/24
Anyone notice that Watches_77 no longer have any products up?
It's been a couple weeks that I keep checking

Any alternative sellers that are good or are we just stuck with some shitters now until they restock?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
May I ask, what case did you use for this particular build? I have a Campbell vk63 case, just seems large!
The Campbell case is shit
Sorry

This one is from Mechen
You recognize it from the flange on the opposite side of the crown, the pushers further from the case and the lower dome crystal

It’s one of the nicer cases

delmar

1/6/07
The Campbell case is shit
Sorry

This one is from Mechen
You recognize it from the flange on the opposite side of the crown, the pushers further from the case and the lower dome crystal

It’s one of the nicer cases
Awesome, thank you sir! And will it accept a 7mm crown?