• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANDREW (TRUSTY) -- YOU NEED TO RESPOND HERE (Admin request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robc_uk

25/11/06
Just a note to say "Well Done seanf"

It may not change anything but at least the line has been drawn in the sand.

Thanks for looking out for us!

Rob

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Ok. I think that this is pretty much settled. Josh knows about it and has not dropped by. Andrew has been in several times and has refused to respond. Shows a total lack of respect. It is obvious that they believe the admin is just blowing hot air and will do nothing. In fact I have gotten reports that Andrew spent his time here today answering PMs and just doing business as usual. I said that I believe the admin's choice of action would depend on how forthcoming they were. The actions I've seen show clearly there is no intention to do that. So it's time to do something.

I say take their dealer sections away and let's move on.

Sean. What say you?

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
My 2 cents...

caravaggio said:
How about you ban Andrew and Josh and see what happens....
Betcha the prices wont move down by much....

But, as said over and over again, this is not a price issue! It's an issue of consumer ethics. How we, the end consumer, want the products WE BUY to be manufactured, distributed etc. Everybody here seem to have the greatest knowledge how business is performed in Asia, and that we should not interfere. Of course we should! I don't want to buy carpets or shoes that I know are made by 7-year-olds that should be in school instead of inside a factory, even though this is legal in some countries. Should RWI encourage rep dealers that threaten others in order to spiral prices upwards? Of course not, partly because it is against OUR ethics, and partly because the competition benefits us, the end consumers. And don't give me crap that "this is an illegal business". It doens't matter! Even drug dealers have ethics, believe it or not, and WE definitely should! Kick them out!

And Caravaggio, if other fora had the guts to make the same I bet you the prices would be more stable than they are now.

caravaggio said:
I dont give a s**t if it is Santa Claus, Andrew or Charles Manson who sold me a knockoff, the price is bound to be too high but, hey....as long as I get my watch and it does not fall apart on my wrist, I am THE MAN....right??

No. Not really.

Xplodr

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
WTF you guys never heard of a bat. It used all the time in business, it goes like this.

Listen you, your gonna buy so many so and sos every week from me and every Friday I'm gonna pick up an envelope from you, if not your gonna met Mr. Bat understand? LOL 8)

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
lol yeah sorta like that i guess .. except more like... So you're gunna sell that skyland at MY high price right?, and if you undercut me then you're going to meet Mr Bat.... LOL

:D

i better be carefull or i'm gunna get one of those "Almost banned" tags like you have HAHHAA

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
LMAO, ok, but I still have the BIG GREEN D I C K and nobody else is getting that. 8)

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
its ok bro, i dont think any of us want your "big green dick" so you dont have to worry .

LOL LOL

:mrgreen:

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
caravaggio said:
why am I so fixated on the price thing and not the ethics?

Well.....pretty simple: I dont give a s**t if it is Santa Claus, Andrew or Charles Manson who sold me a knockoff, the price is bound to be too high but, hey....as long as I get my watch and it does not fall apart on my wrist, I am THE MAN....right??

:roll:

Growing up I was surrounded by criminals, and considered a criminal myself (in the eyes of the law), and I could then or now give two shits if you steal my neighbors car... actually I dont like the prick so please do. But when you steal from me, or cheat me, then its on.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
supermanx said:
caravaggio said:
why am I so fixated on the price thing and not the ethics?

Well.....pretty simple: I dont give a s**t if it is Santa Claus, Andrew or Charles Manson who sold me a knockoff, the price is bound to be too high but, hey....as long as I get my watch and it does not fall apart on my wrist, I am THE MAN....right??

:roll:

Growing up I was surrounded by criminals, and considered a criminal myself (in the eyes of the law), and I could then or now give two shits if you steal my neighbors car... actually I dont like the prick so please do. But when you steal from me, or cheat me, then its on.

i see what your saying bro.. i get mad when my friends get screwed over, but screw me over personally and theres gunna be a problem...

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I say remove him and he's just not a "trusted' or "reccomended" dealer on this forum. He can be found elsewhere.

I hope a decision is made soon. I really like it here.

LegendofSpeed

Respected Member
4/5/06
If anyone here does not think that the Skyland prices being what they are has not been influenced by what has been going on here recently then you need to get the sleep out of your eyes...

I remember when the Skyland rumors started.... people were expecting $350-400.... it came out at $288.... then the price wars started and we're down to $258-268....

So... you, the member, have seen a reduction of what you have had to pay for this watch already... so, we can make a difference...

Prices have come down on some super reps because of lack of demand... the Graham is well built and a super rep... but it's one of those pieces you either love or hate.... and at $400, you better be sure you love it... so sales have not been good...

For those who keep talking about it's just business and all that... i understand that.... i'm the VP of a construction company.... i have handed over envelopes to union delegates and project managers... i have gone to a meeting to secure a contract with a zenith flyback in hand as that was what the guy wanted.... i have been there while my boss cut a check for $250k and promised we will never, ever work on the strip in Vegas again... i know a lot about muscling competition, bid rigging, and bribery...

For those reasons, I feel a need, like the other staff members here, to step in and try to make something happen for the community...

It amazes me to see community members agreeing with paying higher prices because it's what they do... they are applauding the dealer's disrespecting them...

walkman

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/6/08
Andrew (and you too Josh) have been accused of anti-competitive behaviour. You have stirred up a hornets nest! and judging by the amount of interest this suject has attracted on this forum i am some what puzzled as to why you have not given a measured response to these allegations to either refute them or plead mea culpa. Instead, your reluctance to defend yourself has created a miasma.
It may well be a practice in Asia to impose control over smaller dealers, but since i suspect much of your business is conducted in the Occident, this type of undue influence is regarded with distaste by many on this or any other forums for that matter. You see both you and Josh have as dealers established a high level of respect because you are considered to be scrupulous. Unless you defend your position i am afraid that your repuations will be sullied......... after all MUD STICKS and their is the presumption that these serious allegations have a ring of veracity to them.
To fellow members of this forum i quess you will let your conscience dictate how you dealing with both Andrew and Josh in the future.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Josh and Andrew-- it may be that, as others have speculated, RWI doesn't matter to you at all because it's a small portion of your bottom line. I don't know if that's true or not, but I have to tell you-- you are certainly acting that way by continuing to ignore this thread. And unless you respond to this thread and these allegations soon, you may find out exactly how much of your business came from RWI.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm just curious but how did Joshua become involved. I thought it was Andrew that was doing this. Is he guilty by association?

308GTS

Getting To Know The Place
28/5/08
seanf said:
Josh and Andrew-- it may be that, as others have speculated, RWI doesn't matter to you at all because it's a small portion of your bottom line. I don't know if that's true or not, but I have to tell you-- you are certainly acting that way by continuing to ignore this thread. And unless you respond to this thread and these allegations soon, you may find out exactly how much of your business came from RWI.

...the sounds of silence.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
KBH said:
I'm just curious but how did Joshua become involved. I thought it was Andrew that was doing this. Is he guilty by association?

Josh and Andrew are, for all intents and purposes, the same entity (and have been for at least a year and half). They have separate websites, but that's about it. To put it in Western terms, think of Josh and Andrew as the co-owners of a single Rep Sales Company.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
KBH said:

Andrew & Joshua are the "cartels", "brothers", "same", "one person in two", or "two perons in one".
However you want to categorize.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Angus is in the club,

he is supplied by Jandrew..

Status
Not open for further replies.