• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14
You're right! Just compared to the DW website and it really is a big difference. Oh well. $8 and change per watch, can't complain. They've been keeping good time so :)

So in that case would it be grounds for a dispute? It clearly looks different from the advertised picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveSS

Getting To Know The Place
19/2/14
On the leather thing. I think the thickness and area is important. For a leather coat you would need a cow. For a much smaller item like gloves, watchbands and leather trim, I suspect domestic pets are used. Not going to buy small leather goods from China.

ProFound

17/8/14
So in that case would it be grounds for a dispute? It clearly looks different from the advertised picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if I could I wouldn't. These people are trying to make a living. China's been getting pounded financially for the past few weeks...

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
I just got a. the north face jacket its not a bad coat apart from the size im normally a large so went XL but should of went xxl debating sending it back but the cost to send regesterd from here in Aus wouldn't be far off the price of the jacket.
I can post pics and link if anyone's intrested.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

bbtfastback

Known Member
22/4/15
I just got a. the north face jacket its not a bad coat apart from the size im normally a large so went XL but should of went xxl debating sending it back but the cost to send regesterd from here in Aus wouldn't be far off the price of the jacket.
I can post pics and link if anyone's intrested.

Please post pics!!

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
0fd255f1b58e989799527ceb5d3d002f.jpg
bb981a4c64ed82eeba56cb8950a49c7f.jpg
89e47f75f0e7a2da9b9c6e30530b7001.jpg
c997e2cf2732058108a56c4ad014aa44.jpg

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
Sorry pics arn't great i can take close ups if anyone wants them. The jacket is fine apart from size . I work in construction so it was for work rather than climbing mountains and the like!

bbtfastback

Known Member
22/4/15
Sorry pics arn't great i can take close ups if anyone wants them. The jacket is fine apart from size . I work in construction so it was for work rather than climbing mountains and the like!

Thanks. Link to aliexpress please?

whoischich

30/12/14

How does the material function? Obviously real Goretex is waterproof and breathable. How's the stuff this is made from?

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
To be honest i haven't worn it out, id say its water repellent as i have a work coat that's of similar material, but cant be certain until ive been out in the elements.

umirza85

12/6/15

This looks pretty great, If I'm usually a Medium, would you suggest I get a large? Is it possible for you to take a pic of the jacket on a hanger so we can gauge what an XL looks like.

edit: looks like the store is gone :whistling: