• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Kind of bummed. My Daniel Wellington watch doesn't work at all and the Winner Automatic watch has a broken band. Filed a dispute and no answers in over a week. Tried

to contact the seller, no response. I guess I have to accept them if I'm going to buy anything else. :(

Why, what happens if you dispute on Ali? You can't buy anymore?

I got the pens. Been working on a few mods to the MB's. Will update when time allows.

jamieroquai

26/12/12
Of course you can still buy. Dispute is just against a seller.
Actually if a seller sends you something without you having to sign for it.. Well then you can say you didn't receive the item and they have to give you a refund lol

ProFound

17/8/14
Hmmmm, according to PETA, most of the worlds leather comes from India and China. Their stats say that over a billion animals are killed for their skins every year, and they estimate 2 million of that is dogs and cats.

I guess I would have to avoid leather entirely in order to not get 'dog' leather, which is rather unreasonable. The odds of getting dog leather in this case are pretty slim with those numbers. The vast majority of those 1 billion animals are cows (I'm assuming) which provide a lot more surface area than a dog would. Lets say a cow provides as much as 20 times that of a dog.

Lets say 700,000,000 (70%) of leather is cow leather. If there's 20x the surface area (rough estimate), then there would be 14,000,000,000 units of cow leather out there
Let's say 298,000,000 (29.8%) of the rest of the leather comes from a pig. Pigs probably have 5x the surface area of a dog, so consider that to be 1,490,000,000 units of pig leather
And dogs and cats make up an estimate 2,000,000 units

The chances of getting dog/cat leather are therefore 2,000,000/15,490,000,000
Or 1/7745
or 0.01291%

Chance is small. I'm sure we're probably not getting a lot of it if any, watch straps and all...

Of course these numbers are estimates so the odds could be lower (or higher).

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-clothing/leather-industry/global-leather-trade/

ProFound

17/8/14
f2def0137300045c22b5af6b1fd60099.jpg

Dashboard Go Pro mount. Ordered June 23, received July 10 (18 days to Canada)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/360-...Mount-Stand-for-Gopro-Hero-4/32316736904.html

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
And again :) :

Loboutin Sneakers:

cfaf9be016bbcc56c1e9da3879704a57.jpg

And Golden Goose sneakers:

11739b4a53a8b039bc57b05eba362414.jpg

bronica

Advisor
Advisor
6/5/12
Anyone found a good croc/gator wallet? Can't seem to find any, all just calfskin =/

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
The pen feels solid and writes nice. A+
The seller no longer has the product page up but they have a ton of other pens: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1037662

DW Watches aren't bad. They seem to be keeping time. Only time will tell (pun intended). Bummed I didn't get the box that everyone else has been getting with theirs, but for $8 and change a piece, I can't complain. A
Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-...-Top-Luxury-Men-Sport-Quartz/32285724948.html

I'm surprised the Goyard wallet even came. It was from a seller with zero reviews, and a store with zero feedback. After making payment I thought "damn, I guess I'll never see that product" after hearing all of the horror stories about buying off people with zero feedback. It's an alright wallet. The outside is definitely plastic (which I'm assuming Goyard wallets are?) and the inside, although soft, is made up of extremely thin bonded leather that feels kinda nice but doesn't feel right. The wallet has a strong smell which I'm sure will go away with time. I've never handled a genuine Goyard wallet before so I can't comment on how close it is to gen. For $30, I may have slightly overpaid in terms of typical AliExpress pricing. B-
Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-...her-wallet-purse-goya-wallet/32365001000.html
Note: the seller is now starting to get some feedback and it's been positive

The minute hand on the DW watch is way to short.

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Why, what happens if you dispute on Ali? You can't buy anymore?

Everybody, Just some info on "Disputes" on AliExpress. I'll give an example of one I had. I ordered 2 items, one was a pair of Tommy H shorts and Tommy H short sleeve shirts. They cost approx. $27.98.\

When I received the items, some of the shirts were Tommy H and the 2 other were Tommy Lin. And the short were another brand altogether., With the shirts, not only were they the wrong brand advertised they were too small. So I contacted the seller. They said whats wrong with Tommy LIN. Just as good. I told them that they were too small and that I would not pay that amount for off brand. I offered to agree on $7.00 and keep. They said no way. I took to dispute level. After couple of days I was refunded $20.00 each off brand and all was good. Kept the shirts. As for the shorts, they were very nice but again, no way I was going to pay $27 for off brand and requested 10.00 back. Seller said send back and will send correct pair. Filed dispute, and again, after couple of days, received refund for $10.00 and all is good.

As for disputes; as long as you can prove with pics, that the item is not what you ordered, you can file without any retribution.

Hope this helps.

jamieroquai

26/12/12
I approve all of the above mentioned. Had it happen a few times. Even with a Polo where there was a little hole, not noticeable but still was a little hole. Made pictures, dispute and AE made the refund. The process is just a little bit long but it works

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
So, you want your nice new sneakers all scuffed up, huh?
Oh, people pay for that look.

Next!

ProFound

17/8/14
The minute hand on the DW watch is way to short.

You're right! Just compared to the DW website and it really is a big difference. Oh well. $8 and change per watch, can't complain. They've been keeping good time so :)