• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

mikeset

Getting To Know The Place
10/1/14
went through about 50 pages and found links to MB sellers but they were all old and don't exist anymore.

does anyone have a link to a seller that has solid MB reps?

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Beefjerky456, not just for the $$, but does that bag look as good as it looks. How's the stitching and material thickness? Etc?
Its really good, thick material. No complaints and I really like the number of pockets and the fact it is not leather...

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
just fyi I wouldn't recommend fake ray bans to anyone. They're usually so flimsy compared to gen that its not even worth it. Just buy some $3 glasses if you like the style but just the weight and everything else will be just wrong and the hinge will break after a while.

You're gonna pay like $20 for fake ones, might as well just go gen and buy lightly used ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ray-Ban-Ori...623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea083368f

These are $60 for mint condition and they're the polarized kind which are much more expensive. You could probably get brand new ones online for like $80 w/ tags

I was thinking to try one of those in $20-30 range. Besides those used $60-80 on ebay might be from ali as well :)

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I bought a pay of Wayfarers a while back from Ali before this thread existed. I was quite surprised at how good they were and went into Sunglass Hut to check out the gens. Construction on the reps were miles better! The arms had a nice weight and smooth motion when folding them, as opposed to the gens that felt super flimsy. Everything else was spot on in comparison.

bbtfastback

Known Member
22/4/15
Ordered a jays jersey from a seller that came here earlier (bought from the same store as the guy who bought the cards jersey). Observations:
- material thinner
- good stitching
- number on back has the air bubbles and looks fake
- shipping was ridiculously fast. Maybe a week?

Overall happy for $25 purchase. But not blown away, if that makes sense?

Pictures below.
Ps please post your photos and ae buys. It's the only way we really know what we are buying!!!

7f8295d53cb0fdc5ab787fdae8bfe75c.jpg

6178694990cfeb2b2ac071c4f93422fa.jpg

64f545bbb7b1ab9236f8905c098fda23.jpg

2a7ece02c0d55b07462a5eaa1a953524.jpg

d78a2fd1eca8504447a563a13cc9d4f7.jpg

d858c3dab77020ded57a1a9210e2be58.jpg

ba465886daa4e09ec712708d528a5c02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C124

Renowned Member
Certified
25/11/14
England
Are any of you guys clued up on Hermes?! I ordered a wallet , it was out of stock but the seller then sent me a different version which is very similar aside from the viewing window. Do these wallets have a 'H' on the front corner in this typeface/size and is the printed logo correct?! Looks different from the only few gen ones I found.

Rep
f7e58b5577f31b887362731e002cec67.jpg
fa90519ba8c0def53ea147bda7c7cd12.jpg

Gen
3c8eb640104b79afd7e498648f0bb6bc.jpg
the gen has no 'H' on the front , it is just plain .

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
As promised :)

49d6fd04f5c040d1f98c61ad24bc08f7.jpg

I'm confused, how do you make a fake scent that smells like the original? Does it smell the same?

Not sure if you've seen these higher quality Ray Bans but these 20 dollar ones are pretty much just like the originals, the cheaper plastic hinge ones were flimsy but not the metal hinge ones

I've had an issue with rep ray bans a few years ago but I'll check these out and post a review comparing to my gens. They have the right hinge stack and everything so we'll see lol. The ones I had before had shitty plastic lenses so these might be better. I ended up getting rid of them and buying gens because the quality of the lens was the most important thing to me. Didn't want to be driving around and stuff with a crappy warped lens.

Any idea where I can find those matte black frames? The seller doesn't have any more on the link that was posted. Wish I was better at finding stuff on ali

n8dagr8

10/4/15
I doubt the kid is walking down the street listening to his iPod. Probably for movies in the car, etc.

Exactly! Clearly comments from people without kids.

It's for an upcoming cross-country flight. I'll download a couple hours of the Muppet Show and hook up the headphones - happy toddler = happy flight

elconquistador

Respected Member
Certified
10/6/10
So China arrived, 20 of the 40 things I ordered came in.
Most were incredibly meh. I may be done with Aliexpress.

The polo shirts for $10 were about as good as $10 off brand polo shirts at Marshals.

The Mont Blanc belt others have also ordered looks decent, but smell like a sick dogs anus. Plus looking close at the MB stars they look cheap.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hall...performance-wear-game-service/1636903636.html (also, sent black instead of brown)

The Gucci cufflinks were so so, they are huuuuge and the enamel is $6 cufflink quality

I odered 3 blue pens. The MB Jules Verne is pretty solid
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PURE...ial-Edition-Roller-Ball-Pen-4/1936783552.html

The parker and the chinese brand ones are cheap looking.

This leather belt is 110% plastic.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...for-men-Quality-Real-leather/32358300574.html

Ordered 60 high level pokemon for my son, good enough for a 6 year old, but the color is a little off.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...-pcs-pack-Kids-Playing-Cards/32333473279.html

gackt13

13/8/14
So China arrived, 20 of the 40 things I ordered came in.
Most were incredibly meh. I may be done with Aliexpress.

The polo shirts for $10 were about as good as $10 off brand polo shirts at Marshals.

The Mont Blanc belt others have also ordered looks decent, but smell like a sick dogs anus. Plus looking close at the MB stars they look cheap.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hall...performance-wear-game-service/1636903636.html (also, sent black instead of brown)

The Gucci cufflinks were so so, they are huuuuge and the enamel is $6 cufflink quality

I odered 3 blue pens. The MB Jules Verne is pretty solid
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PURE...ial-Edition-Roller-Ball-Pen-4/1936783552.html

The parker and the chinese brand ones are cheap looking.

This leather belt is 110% plastic.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...for-men-Quality-Real-leather/32358300574.html

Ordered 60 high level pokemon for my son, good enough for a 6 year old, but the color is a little off.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...-pcs-pack-Kids-Playing-Cards/32333473279.html

I love this statement: The Mont Blanc belt others have also ordered looks decent, but smell like a sick dogs anus. Plus looking close at the MB stars they look cheap.

Got me laughing out loud till my balls dropped. By the way... how do you know what a sick dogs anus smell like? Hahaha....

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
I'm confused, how do you make a fake scent that smells like the original? Does it smell the same?

I've had an issue with rep ray bans a few years ago but I'll check these out and post a review comparing to my gens. They have the right hinge stack and everything so we'll see lol. The ones I had before had shitty plastic lenses so these might be better. I ended up getting rid of them and buying gens because the quality of the lens was the most important thing to me. Didn't want to be driving around and stuff with a crappy warped lens.

Any idea where I can find those matte black frames? The seller doesn't have any more on the link that was posted. Wish I was better at finding stuff on ali

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-de-sol-vintage-sport/315558_32279505077.html

This site has the matte black frames

Ing. Gabriel

14/5/15
I am waiting 6 orders! and I want order more things but I need to save for a watch...

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13

I've got my matte black wayfarers. Posted pics earlier, but may post some more today. I'm really happy with them, they look and feel solid. They came fully packaged as gens. The only issue is that one of the earpieces is slightly bent, I suppose it's because of postage. But no one except me have noticed it. The lens seem to be great, they're rather comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
I've got my matte black wayfarers. Posted pics earlier, but may post some more today. I'm really happy with them, they look and feel solid. They came fully packaged as gens. The only issue is that one of the earpieces is slightly bent, I suppose it's because of postage. But no one except me have noticed it. The lens seem to be great, they're rather comfortable.

awesome. Glad you like them. Regarding the ear pieces, I don't know if the frames are made of the same material as gen (acetate?), but if you go to a Sunglass Hut they can heat the frames and bend them to fit you. This might not work if the reps are cheap plastic or something but if it really bothers you, you might be able to heat them and bend them back yourself.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
awesome. Glad you like them. Regarding the ear pieces, I don't know if the frames are made of the same material as gen (acetate?), but if you go to a Sunglass Hut they can heat the frames and bend them to fit you. This might not work if the reps are cheap plastic or something but if it really bothers you, you might be able to heat them and bend them back yourself.
It doesn't really bother me. As you can see in the photos, the right earpiece is a but more curved, but that's not a big issue.
6b2c422bf25f215839e85811a549d7f4.jpg
0a2828cfaa1b7845b3948a07deb7635e.jpg