• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
I tend to stay away from clothing reps for these size reasons, I usually don't buy clothes online at all. In general, you can get great deals on mid-high end clothing around the price of good reps, and have the peace of mind of having a perfect fit. That being said I've still rolled the dice on a few things with mixed results. Other than a tailor made suit, I'm done with clothes on Ali.

I just received a Hermes Idem belt with a specified size of 32, but the belt is 44-45 inches long! Didn't look over the size chart enough and 32 falls within 44 inches for size.. Otherwise it's pretty good, buying another in size 30 and punching a hole in the other

Whit27

28/11/12
Ok this getting ridiculous. I had 35 PM's for the Rayban link..... I sent them all the link.
Now I get about 15 replies saying have you actually bought the glasses because the site only shows 4 orders.

Does anyone actually read the thread? Is what some of us do here wasted? I get the feeling posting pics and reviews on the products seem like a waste?

Just frustrated today.... Sorry I am done venting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Ok this getting ridiculous. I had 35 PM's for the Rayban link..... I sent them all the link.
Now I get about 15 replies saying have you actually bought the glasses because the site only shows 4 orders.

Does anyone actually read the thread? Is what some of us do here wasted? I get the feeling posting pics and reviews on the products seem like a waste?

Hahah man.. Stop lying and trying to get people to buy junk [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it's your store isn't it!?

I have a had a few members PM me asking the most random questions. I'm glad to help! And I enjoy it. But when you argue with me about a product I have.. I have no problem sending the link and I usually keep a couple pics of the items in my camera roll to send pm too! But no, I won't go to an AD, take the item and take side by sides..

"Hey guys, sorry to bother you, mind if I take pictures of this belt with mine!? It's a rep. Just trying to compare for the Internet..."

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Hahah man.. Stop lying and trying to get people to buy junk [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it's your store isn't it!?

I have a had a few members PM me asking the most random questions. I'm glad to help! And I enjoy it. But when you argue with me about a product I have.. I have no problem sending the link and I usually keep a couple pics of the items in my camera roll to send pm too! But no, I won't go to an AD, take the item and take side by sides..

"Hey guys, sorry to bother you, mind if I take pictures of this belt with mine!? It's a rep. Just trying to compare for the Internet..."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Hahaha just one of those days....

You need something to take your mind off the day ! LoL I feel sooo politically correct now..... SHYTE! ;-)

oPhKSs8.gif

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Not trying to be an uptight prick here, but could you edit that out? It's definitely NSFW and completely unexpected.

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15

No postage to Aus is the reason I didn't buy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I tend to stay away from clothing reps for these size reasons, I usually don't buy clothes online at all. In general, you can get great deals on mid-high end clothing around the price of good reps, and have the peace of mind of having a perfect fit. That being said I've still rolled the dice on a few things with mixed results. Other than a tailor made suit, I'm done with clothes on Ali.

I just received a Hermes Idem belt with a specified size of 32, but the belt is 44-45 inches long! Didn't look over the size chart enough and 32 falls within 44 inches for size.. Otherwise it's pretty good, buying another in size 30 and punching a hole in the other

That is one issue that would massively improve sales for Ali sellers.
I too have bought much less than I would otherwise, because the sizing is too complicated. Not only do you have to measure yourself up carefully, but even after that you cannot be sure if things are right.

To that extent, this thread is a good help.

Keep providing feed back, and please always tell how the sizing worked out!!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i think part of the sellers profit comes from purposely wrong size orders. i now it's a crappy system which does not help in retaining happy customers, but I can't explain it otherwise.

Take shoes: my feet are almost 28cm long, hence i wear US 43.5/44... roughly a US10/UK9

Now these are the kind of sizes you get on AE

US10 = EUR44 = 27cm
US11 = EUR 45 = 28cm
US12 = EUR46 = 28.5cm

So the discriminant here are the centimeters (it's always that you'd tell me..fair enough..): if I buy a US10 I'm not getting what US 10 is in the rest of the world..I'm getting a pair of shoes that will be too short for me !

I think also the vendors get that a lot so now I normally ask them "I wear US10/EUR44/cm28 what size should I buy". A couple were honest enough to tell me 'sorry our biggest one (US10 according to them) is 275mm..'

JamesNotRealBond

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/15
Not trying to be an uptight prick here, but could you edit that out? It's definitely NSFW and completely unexpected.

you misogynist cis male gender , always sexualizing women. the person in the picture is just a woman with a shirt on , if you're seeing more than that , then you should check your privelege. :phbbbbt:

JamesNotRealBond

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/15
The general structure is the same but there are huge differences because the laws and tax rules of each country are drawn up to comply with the overall EU ruling.

So each has their own level of taxation to apply VAT, TVA, GTAI etc., different emphasis on the forms i.e, what local industries do they want to protect? different levels of aggressive application, UK/Italy/Germany for example are applied from loosely to savagely.

I have experience and could help with UK issues but would be quite lost for German issues.

DHL will ask for a different level of proof/document type according to which country they are delivering to.

So when a fellow member asks "where are you" he/she is not trying to find you out but wants to know if their experience is relevant to your problem.

they are asking me to send the payment confirmation , problem is it says i paid 100$, but the invoice on the box says 40$ :/