• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
I don't think that's the reason at all. In the past a similar site was discussed very heavily and one of our members even created a dedicated page out of his free time to catalogue the links for watches, headphones and sunglasses. Eventually, somehow this site became a temporary TD but it ended in disappointment. At first, the service was great but then it became a hassle and orders were getting fulfilled incorrectly. Needless to say, this site was really not discussed here anymore and its section removed. Mind you this site was a single company with representatives. I can understand the hesitation to allow it when it hosts a multitude of sellers that can disappear just as easily as they can create a store. It takes one bad deal for a member to cry foul and demand RWI to exert influence on the seller and let's face it, that's not likely to happen on any AE seller. It's just not feasible.

I think that a dedicated thread without the b.s. additional conversation would be more helpful. An index of sorts and a separate thread for reviews and pics related to the cataloguing thread.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
It got into a discussion that got a little heated. Threats to have me banned were tossed around, and threats to have this thread deleted were thrown out there too. Then it got banished to Off Topic...
Not banished. Moved to a safer place :)

Yes, there is interest, but the topic does not quite fit into our structure. The Boss said no, it's no, then. Otherwise we'd have to open a forum for ebay, darknet, whatever. Let's see how this develops. Maybe another day. RWI is constantly evolving.

May I encourage the members to post links to the stores when they show off their items? I noticed that in most cases three posts farther down the first "link please" pops up. :)

I think that a dedicated thread without the b.s. additional conversation would be more helpful. An index of sorts and a separate thread for reviews and pics related to the cataloguing thread.
Good idea.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
I'm only speaking for myself, but come on. How hard is it to simply scroll past a post or two if a couple of people are commenting on an item that you are not interested in? Am I the only one who uses the search function in this thread? People complain that the thread is too long. Really? It took me longer to type this on my phone than it took me to look up every Goyard post, and I'm not even interested in those. I just scroll past the posts that don't interest me. Just like I do in any other subforum or individual thread. That's the definition of a forum, right? Open discussion? I don't see anything wrong with commenting on someone's purchase. I do agree that we should be diligent about posting the seller links right away.

jamieroquai

26/12/12
I know. Should we create a group on Facebook?
Facebook is no good plus Facebook can close your page in a blink
Not banished. Moved to a safer place :)

Yes, there is interest, but the topic does not quite fit into our structure. The Boss said no, it's no, then. Otherwise we'd have to open a forum for ebay, darknet, whatever. Let's see how this develops. Maybe another day. RWI is constantly evolving.

May I encourage the members to post links to the stores when they show off their items? I noticed that in most cases three posts farther down the first "link please" pops up. :)

Good idea.
I guess the only way would be that someone would make a special Ali forum separate from RWI.. But yeah it's always hard to move to an other place

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Facebook is no good plus Facebook can close your page in a blink

I guess the only way would be that someone would make a special Ali forum separate from RWI.. But yeah it's always hard to move to an other place

Agreed. No way to FB and could you even imagine a whole forum devoted to AliE? What would the Loony Bin look like?

If you use the search tool, this thread is super easy to navigate. We are constantly telling people to "use the search button" everywhere else when they ask to have information spoon fed to them about watches, so how is this any different? Use the search, use the search, use the search... LOL It is said like a mantra over in the Rolex area. "Who has the best sub?" Use the search! :thumbup:

Also, people should set their profile preferences to allow more posts viewable per page. I set mine up to view the max. It helps considerably.

ProFound

17/8/14
Wonder if we could make a google spreadsheet of sorts and start a new thread for it. Would be good to crowd source and consolidate what we have bought so far and would be a great handy guide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links die on AliExpress all of the time. Building a spreadsheet or a guide to sellers goes obsolete quick. Having threads for each item type or item would be ideal as you can just go to latest posts for the freshest links and discussions of quality.

ProFound

17/8/14
In a sub forum, it'd be more organic. People could start general sunglasses threads, but there could also be a RayBan thread, or even a Wayfarer thread. The beauty of the forum structure is that the most popular threads survive on the front page, and the less popular threads fade away. This will self regulate the scope of each thread so that they're not too general or not too specific. It's not going to happen here though. Would be nice but it doesn't look like we'll be getting a sub forum anytime soon...

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I can possibly create a separate site.. However, I don't have much free time in my career where I can sit behind a computer, except when I'm sleeping.. And no sleep inside me is not a fun monster..

So it'd take awhile.. But I don't see it impossible

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
I check in this thread pretty much daily to see if any of you guys have found anymore gems. I agree with mendota, I have an item and a brand in mind , most recently a bally holdall. I used the search function and it gave me a few relevant posts from the brand, didn't see a holdall post so I searched ali myself, to no avail. Whilst the layout isn't perfect, it does the job adequately for what I need.

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
I have had all my items delivered to my parents as I've recently relocated. Im going back tonight for the weekend , so hopefully I'll have lots of items to post up tomorrow!

jaycey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/13
Have they fixed the spelling mistakes on that Steve McQueen Belstaff jacket? Inside big label used to have Steve McQueen spelt wrong.

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14
Here is another source for an LV keepall.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...M41416-Keepall50-top/1739013_32313069095.html

I've requested pics. We'll see how it looks.

I got a watchbox from them. It was so good my best mate threw some cash at me and walked it home.

This was their catalog link http://js99999.v.yupoo.com/

Reviews look good! Even comes with hot stamping it seems. Gonna drop cash on this