• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A few more pics of the 2013 Noob-Mariner "prototype" Ceramic, and still Lovin' it!

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
God how I love grammatically incorrect insults flying back and forth. Started off as a beautiful thread with some long awaited photos and now this is what we get ...

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Who is this tool? Jeezuz talk about putting yer mouth in gear before the brains running. Grade one nugget!

Yeah, pretty clear what this dude is all about. A thread popped up over at Repgeek today from a guy posting pics of the noob protoype and guess who shows up within a few posts with his complete list of everything wrong with the watch to beat the poor guy down?

We get it dude. You don't like the watch, it has flaws. Give it a rest for cry'n out loud...

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=208752

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Is there any way to block these little twats from posting on your threads.
Read his posts, no camera, had sales shut down, really getting to be a pain in the arse.
Sitting in his
Mummy's spare room, cracking one off to Angus's blog, hahaha

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Haha, you cant stop members posting in threads it's an open forum bud, but you can go to your user cp and block the member so you will not view what they post

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Would'nt mind if he actually proved he has a watch, no real pics, no wristies, no sign of the supposed LV he has.
Am thinking its BP himself in drag.

"Oh av no camera, oh a dont know rules, oh have compared with gen"

Ma-arse, an AD locks the door when these wee neds turn up looking for brochures hahaha

? from AlFru'z iphone 5 on tapatalk ?

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Lol, just ignore him bud

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Done mate. Cheers for the support. Happy as Larry today. New car ordered and working 12 hour shifts all weekend. A can feel a new watch coming on hahaha

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I also have some BP hands and a BP insert coming. I have been successful in grinding ceramic inserts to fit before and if after comapring the two inserts side by side the work in getting the BP insert to fit is worth it, I will get it in there. Hahaha

Would you mind sharing your method of ceramic insert grinding?

Ive got a BP DSSD insert that would love to have milled but dont have the slightest clue on how to go about it.

And Al...wonderful watch there buddy !

sacsha1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/13
amazing rep. It just needs couple of tweaks and this would be a fantastic super rep. I hope noob factory gets it done in V2.
Enjoy your watch man!

lol its funny, it people wanna nit pick on little details, go buy a gen ;)

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Ryans been onto me today. V2 is still a bit away, due to "hand issues"
No mention of case change, etc, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again for the props lads, home from work, and just put it back on, and aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh thats better ?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Alfru, if you have time, could you post a side profile pic showing case depth and crystal height. I want to compare it to my existing noob sub (see pic). Again, great looking watch my friend and I wouldn't even bother wasting your time with computer jockeys pointing out nano 'inaccuracies'.

Old noob sub-c
azesagyv.jpg

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Hope these help, cheers bro

8ymu8yqe.jpg

abyqany9.jpg

eqe8aja6.jpg

4yze4u5u.jpg

resa5a8y.jpg

Cheers again for the props lads

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks mate. The quality of this looks significantly better than the existing one!! I like the lustre of it, which I felt the old one lacked. Also the crystal height looks much more aesthetically pleasing to me. Great purchase, wear it well!!

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Just for the record, all my pics are from an iphone 5 with ZERO photo trickery. What you see is what you get.
Am still delighted with "the lustre" mate, the finish quality is superb.
Cheers troops ?

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Would you mind sharing your method of ceramic insert grinding?

Ive got a BP DSSD insert that would love to have milled but dont have the slightest clue on how to go about it.

And Al...wonderful watch there buddy !

Rad - The insert I ground down was for my Trevor DSSD. I swapped the flat top insert it came with for a BP insert (I think) that had the rounded top triangle. the new insert was too large in diameter and would not fit down into the bezel.

I used a Dremel and tried several different types of grinding wheels. Metal and stone grinding wheels did nothing... I had success with a thin fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel similar to this:

dremelcutoff%20disk.jpg

I only had too remove a smal amount from the OD of the insert and it was a very tedious process. I used the edge of the cutting wheel at high speed and it took about 6 wheels to complete the job as they wore down almost as fast as the ceramic - but it worked...

Be careful and do not force the issue. I ran the disc across the top of the insert once and lightly scratched the insert, but got lucky and was able to polish out the scratches with some Flitz and a buffing wheel set on high speed.

Good luck!

l

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Jake, I use my Dremel for everything. Would it be easier to "FIX" the Dremel to a workbench and offer the bezel up, giving you both hands to guide and buff down the ODR?

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
OK what did you do? You are killing me with all these pics. Two days now since I sent my $$ off to Ryan. Can't wait to get that thing in my hands...

Its different gravy mate. You wont believe it, honestly