• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$95 SMP 300 Diver Review

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Hi Champagne, I just want to thank you again for your help on SMPs when I started here on this forum :)

Glad I could help. I love the SMP. Great watch. Large enough and slim enough for a very versatile watch. Enjoy yours.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Well the movement seems to have stopped working today :( I am letting it rest for a while and see if it will go then.

Good job I just bought a franken last week and a gen today :)

I still love this little cheapo watch though. I might just have to resurrect it.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Well the movement seems to have stopped working today :( I am letting it rest for a while and see if it will go then.

I still love this little cheapo watch though. I might just have to resurrect it.

Oh no! It got jealous.. It knew it.. It felt the gen and Franken taking over! I'm assuming it's running a 2813, just throw one in [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Oh no! It got jealous.. It knew it.. It felt the gen and Franken taking over! I'm assuming it's running a 2813, just throw one in [emoji4]

Yeah if I open the CB I presume that is what I will find there.

ethanbt

19/8/15

How close does the franken to the gen?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
How close does the franken to the gen?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

I will post some pic comparisons when the gen arrives.

The Franken:
Gen xtal
gen Dail + hands
gen bezel insert
gen DW
Bulova movement.

Peteinhull

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/16
Good review and information. Not a bad watch for the price and I like what you've done to it.

I have no idea how to change bits and bobs on watches except the strap/bracelet, but hey, that's why I'm here. We all have to start somewhere. I bought a cheap PO Skyfall. The actual watch is quite nice but the bracelet was dross. Going to put it on a Nato for the time being, and look out for a better quality bracelet. But hey, I only paid £26.00 ($37.00 ish) for it so I can't really complain too much!

Thanks for all the info.

Pete.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Good review and information. Not a bad watch for the price and I like what you've done to it.

I have no idea how to change bits and bobs on watches except the strap/bracelet, but hey, that's why I'm here. We all have to start somewhere. I bought a cheap PO Skyfall. The actual watch is quite nice but the bracelet was dross. Going to put it on a Nato for the time being, and look out for a better quality bracelet. But hey, I only paid £26.00 ($37.00 ish) for it so I can't really complain too much!

Thanks for all the info.

Pete.
NO problem at all Pete. The franken and the watch in the original post are not the same. That franken is built on a SMPc case. Keep on reading and learning. My original watch would not accept a few of the parts readily so I bought a ready made franken from a great member in the US.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I was about to take the little 2813 to the watchmaker today for him to have a quick look at, and lo and behold, it had woken up. It is still currently running strong. He looked at it briefly, no charge lol, and it still looks good. Do 2813s hibernate or something? lol. So now I have 3 SMPs, this a Franken and a gen. Am I addicted?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I was about to take the little 2813 to the watchmaker today for him to have a quick look at, and lo and behold, it had woken up. It is still currently running strong. He looked at it briefly, no charge lol, and it still looks good. Do 2813s hibernate or something? lol. So now I have 3 SMPs, this a Franken and a gen. Am I addicted?

Ahh yeah! Back from the dead! I've had a 2813 do that.. Still beats to this day after a couple weeks of it dying. Came out from the winter to find snow in the spring! Bet it was quite pissed at that.

Btw, you're an addict. But at least you admit it! That's the first step right??

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi my name is
Every morning I wake up and feel the need to put on an SMP.
I am fighting but it is a hard struggle, sometimes it is just too much and I have to have the feel of that silky bracelet on my skin.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Hi my name is
Every morning I wake up and feel the need to put on an SMP.
I am fighting but it is a hard struggle, sometimes it is just too much and I have to have the feel of that silky bracelet on my skin.

Hahaha one day I'll feel a silky bracelet on the skin!! My buddy just picked up a speedmaster with the moon cycle. It's beautiful. I'm itching for omegas for some reason.. Haha