• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K upgraded its 5167A dial&hands, see pic

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I asked Jtime about if there were any updates for the 3kf aquanaut and he sent me a recent QC from 10/17 for me to take a look. I've attached two photos above. The lume definitely looks improved, not sure if its at the cost of anything else. Can anyone with a better eye provide input?

Looks like the latest version, yes. The logo text looks aligned well too.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
My recent QC's of the latest 3KF, that i already accepted:

Lume is very nice. Same hands lume color as the numerals:

It's super thin, specially the bezel looks flatter than previous versions:

Can't see from this picture if the movement text is printed or engraved, but it doesn't bother me though. As no one is going to study it with a loupe other than me:

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
My recent QC's of the latest 3KF, that i already accepted:

Lume is very nice. Same hands lume color as the numerals:

It's super thin, specially the bezel looks flatter than previous versions:

Can't see from this picture if the movement text is printed or engraved, but it doesn't bother me though. As no one is going to study it with a loupe other than me:
This should be the WG version, right?

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
How do these two modded 3kf base watches look? Looking to pick up my first Aquanaut

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
How do these two modded 3kf base watches look? Looking to pick up my first Aquanaut

This one looks good (lower one in your post). Datewheel with the thick font like the gen, the markers have been rounded, as have the hands been modded. Dial looks like a buff dial.

The upper one in your post looks like a non-modded 3kf to me.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Both are buff. Top is the newer version with white relume. But the relume work is not good. The numbers are over lume making the lume look fat and the number shape looks bad.
The bottom is the older version. The QC matches with gen , i also own one. However the the dial lume does looks a bit more green then the hands when not loaded. But any little light will make them match. But still i think the dial is too green hub compared to gen, even with older gen (2012-2014)

Burbizia

29/8/20
Saddly, this watch is trash.
Please, consider that I'd love an ACCEPTABLE version of this, so my frustration comes from technical flaws.

What makes me crazy is that factory nailed many things correctly and still is unable to use a correct lume colour on numbers and hands.
Previous 3KF had hands and numbers so missmatching that it was not only an instant tell, but also it made the watch ugly to watch.

Right now I think the only solution is a re-lume (but most of Italian modders refuse to do it since reluming numbers is time consuming and hard) or to go Franken (but dials have gone from 1500-2000€ to 7000€ due to speculation).

I wonder why all chiense Daytonas have 2 hands and 11 markers of the same chromalight blue, while Patek and AP replicas have fantasy lumes (the problem was also on XF152020)

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Saddly, this watch is trash.
Please, consider that I'd love an ACCEPTABLE version of this, so my frustration comes from technical flaws.

What makes me crazy is that factory nailed many things correctly and still is unable to use a correct lume colour on numbers and hands.
Previous 3KF had hands and numbers so missmatching that it was not only an instant tell, but also it made the watch ugly to watch.

Right now I think the only solution is a re-lume (but most of Italian modders refuse to do it since reluming numbers is time consuming and hard) or to go Franken (but dials have gone from 1500-2000€ to 7000€ due to speculation).

I wonder why all chiense Daytonas have 2 hands and 11 markers of the same chromalight blue, while Patek and AP replicas have fantasy lumes (the problem was also on XF152020)

Because that's the way replicas works, 2 years here and still not able to accept that's how they do, and what you say is that some 5167A even from Patek themselves were trash as some have also mismatching lumes

Maybe you should just consider buying one from Chrono24 and just be happy with it instead of making yourself crazy with 3KF's :ROFLMAO:

Or just be patient until the right time for you

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Ive just bought a GEN 2021 Aquanaut. Will buy a 3kf just to study the differences. If yall need macro pics of the real deal, just ask me what you want.
Detailed pics comparing the two, specifically the dial and the bezel, as well as comparison between the feel of clasp (heard 3kf clasps were pretty subpar in comparison to ZF) would be greatly appreciated.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Ive just bought a GEN 2021 Aquanaut. Will buy a 3kf just to study the differences. If yall need macro pics of the real deal, just ask me what you want.

Congrats. Will be helpful. What I’ve noticed about the gen is that dial feels more lively than stock dial. And numerals are more shiny. Could be interesting to hear your thoughts on that.