• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K upgraded its 5167A dial&hands, see pic

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
Just saw this QC pop up (it was GL'ed). First of the new 3KF stock "V2" i've seen from any TD's. PP print looks pretty thick or is that just me?

DW alightment looks pretty good. Hand lume is a little whiter than dial but much better than before. What do you guys think?

The logo font on the dial looks consistent with a V2 I owned earlier this year.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Looks like it's centered unlike some of the earlier QC photos that we were getting

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just saw this QC pop up (it was GL'ed). First of the new 3KF stock "V2" i've seen from any TD's. PP print looks pretty thick or is that just me?

DW alightment looks pretty good. Hand lume is a little whiter than dial but much better than before. What do you guys think?

This looks great imo. Lume looks much better than earlier versions. And the dw is centered. Logo font is not perfect but it’s acceptable.

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
Wish 3kf would increase the thickness of the datewheel font, then it'd be a no brainer for me!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
found some additional pics of the "new" dial. Hands/Indicies lume looks much more consistent color but PP logo isn't centered verically... sigh.

zYDOY1.jpg

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but on this updated 3KF the bezel looks much "flatter" than on the early versions. And compared to the first 3KF the vertical part of the bezel is thinner.

And when you look at it from the front, the bezel looks flatter:
zYDWGL.jpg

I saw the gen a few days ago. And what i immediately noticed was the flatness of the bezel, it looks really thin and protrudes minimally above the case. I've owned the early 3KF, the bezel is thicker and it's a thing that's immediately noticeable if you've seen the gen.
This one looks much better imo. They also corrected the lume.

John Williams

2/8/22

Rubber strap already damaged on the top left. Would probably swap it out for a RubberB anyway. Still, I like the new look and wouldn't be so picky about the QCs. Finally we have the Swiss Made dial. 😉👍🏻

John Williams

2/8/22
I just compared the QC pics to my buddy's GEN.

The length of the minute hand now seems to be consistent with the GEN. Below at 6 o'clock, the Swiss Made hangs too low on the indices (minute lines). At the top of 12 o'clock in GENEVE, the E is too close to the V. All very small things that you can only see with the GEN in the other hand. We can only guess about the thickness of the writing based on the pictures. Because it depends on the incidence of light and the brightness in general. A few other things are not worth mentioning.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Does anyone know if our TDs have begun selling this new 3KF? So far only the Geektime QC’s have been released.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

These are pictures from a TD. What do people think? It’s difficult to see. But the lume looks like it matches the numerals, doesn’t it? To me it doesn’t look white like the previous version 3KF.

alpha246

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/16

I asked Jtime about if there were any updates for the 3kf aquanaut and he sent me a recent QC from 10/17 for me to take a look. I've attached two photos above. The lume definitely looks improved, not sure if its at the cost of anything else. Can anyone with a better eye provide input?

Reactions: rongxike

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Can we please keep ZF out of this thread? This thread is about the 3KF and the versions available and the latest released. It isn't helpful when ZF pictures are posted out of context.