• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2015 Noob (Limited Edition) Liquid Metal Planet Ocean 42mm (LMPO) Review

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
I believe that if the qc pics reveal issues then it's perfectly okay to ask for a refund. After all, we commit to buy a decent product not a faulty one.

Exactly! But the argument with the TD that's he was citing that other ppl have accepted the LMPO with those lume spills. So i am the wierd one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Exactly! But the argument with the TD that's he was citing that other ppl have accepted the LMPO with those lume spills. So i am the wierd one!!

I know from looking through the threads that some people did reject over the lume. I severely doubt you are the only one. Maybe just with that particular TD perhaps. Yes the lume shots definitely show up inconsistencies but only on magnification. On the wrist, on mine anyway they are not noticeable. If you look at the photos of mine at 10x magnification you will notice the 2, 7 and 8 markers are not perfect. I could live with it though.

Ches13h

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/15
I ordered my 1st rep. Lmpo from intime. How long does qc pics normally take? It's been a week and I haven't heard anything

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
I ordered my 1st rep. Lmpo from intime. How long does qc pics normally take? It's been a week and I haven't heard anything

it's the Chinese new year holiday mate, if I were you i wont expect anything before 16 February...

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

As [MENTION=111538]solly84[/MENTION] said my friend :( Things will really be delayed over the next few weeks.

Gij100

25/6/15
Sorry to hijack this thread.
A mate of mine accidentally squirted sunblock on my lmpo crystal, which I'm fairly certain wrecked the AR on the outside - just looks really fogged up now. Most viable option at the moment seems to get a aftermarket crystal from wholesaleoutlet on ebay. However for 42mm PO crystals, he lists a 34mm, 33.5mm and a 33mm crystal. The 34mm crystal is apparently for PO models with a 20mm band/lug width, just like the LMPO - would this be the one to get? Or opt for the smaller crystals which are for 22mm lug width models?
Also, how likely would the TD be able to source a 42mm PO crystal and mail it out?

Thanks all

sub05

19/7/15
Thanks for the review and the nice pictures. Received mine a week ago and I love it. It wears
quite a bit nicer than my Noob CrPo too, due to a thinner midcase. Just a beatuiful watch, really. The first one
to actually put my Pelagos on the shelf for a while.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Sorry to hijack this thread.
A mate of mine accidentally squirted sunblock on my lmpo crystal, which I'm fairly certain wrecked the AR on the outside - just looks really fogged up now. Most viable option at the moment seems to get a aftermarket crystal from wholesaleoutlet on ebay. However for 42mm PO crystals, he lists a 34mm, 33.5mm and a 33mm crystal. The 34mm crystal is apparently for PO models with a 20mm band/lug width, just like the LMPO - would this be the one to get? Or opt for the smaller crystals which are for 22mm lug width models?
Also, how likely would the TD be able to source a 42mm PO crystal and mail it out?

Thanks all

No idea, perhaps someone can chime in here. Or maybe start a separate thread to try and get the answer.

Thanks for the review and the nice pictures. Received mine a week ago and I love it. It wears
quite a bit nicer than my Noob CrPo too, due to a thinner midcase. Just a beatuiful watch, really. The first one
to actually put my Pelagos on the shelf for a while.

That is what I like to hear. It really is beautiful when you see it on your wrist.

Ches13h

8/11/15
Had no idea about the Chinese New Year. I'm in no rush, but now I know why I haven't heard back!
Thanks

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Had no idea about the Chinese New Year. I'm in no rush, but now I know why I haven't heard back!
Thanks

I know you have not rushed into it, so a few more weeks will not make a difference. It will take a while for the Chinese postal system to wake up after CYN as well.

lukeg310

Horology Curious
6/12/13
Hi guys. I got a Omega LMPO. One day I pulled the side knob to adjust my watch since I havent worn it in a while and it came out. I put it back in and now it will barely turn the hands. I cannot get it to change the date at all. Any ideas? Thank you!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi guys. I got a Omega LMPO. One day I pulled the side knob to adjust my watch since I havent worn it in a while and it came out. I put it back in and now it will barely turn the hands. I cannot get it to change the date at all. Any ideas? Thank you!
Sounds like the threads might be gone in the stem. A good watchmaker should see it right again. However please note I am not that good with the innards of the watch so I am open to correction.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
On black leather Nato. Excuse the dust on the crystal.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Looks great with the leather !
Thank you. Its a good solution as the clasp was starting to irritate me. It has one sharp edge. I might sand it down but have not got around to it. I might still go for a CrPO bracelet I have just done nothing about it yet. The black nato does give it a more casual everyday look.

kuuuu

24/1/14
I am thinking about changing my metal bracelet to something else. I was thinking about getting a leather strap but haven't decided which one to get!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I am thinking about changing my metal bracelet to something else. I was thinking about getting a leather strap but haven't decided which one to get!
I have one from AliExpress, it is pretty good but i prefer the Nato on it. It is a lot more comfortable. Maybe someone out there has some more experience with leather straps. I know there are strap makers sections here, if you really wanted something special.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I just put it on a leather strap. So you can get an idea of what it looks like.

kuuuu

24/1/14
Thanks for sharing!
Where did you get your leather strap ?