• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2015 Noob (Limited Edition) Liquid Metal Planet Ocean 42mm (LMPO) Review

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just to update:

This watch is still getting a lot of wear. It is slowly surpassing my SMP as my favourite rep. I might consider leaving it with my watchmaker in the new year for a while and let him do whatever it takes to rectify the case issue. I am really glad I did a light polish on the bracelet, it makes it a lot more acceptable to me now.

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
Wearing mine right now. Great watch...

8b0a9bd57e66277391c997b89cde8e28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Noob LMPO side by side with the V6F 45mm TiPO [/IMG]

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
That is just the cuff of the shirt pushing it up. However it is indeed sized relatively tight because of the weight of the watch. It tended to flop over to one side pretty easily if it was anyway loose.

Espcustom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/15
Is it possible to change the bezel? There are some orange ones that really nail it on this one.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Is it possible to change the bezel? There are some orange ones that really nail it on this one.
No I would never mess with the bezel on this one it is perfect as it is. If I was going for a pumpkin I would just go for a complete Noob CrPO separate to the LMPO. I am not a huge fan of the pumpkin though, orange was never my favourite colour. However I do not rule out the CrPO as a future purchase. I just got the V6F 45mm TiPO and really like it. I just might be tempted by a 45mm Noob.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Ok. But is it technically feasible?
Yes I presume it would be possible to change the bezel insert. There are a lot more people on here who are more expert than I would be in that area.

PreA

Known Member
19/5/13

It is possible but i cannot understand why you would want to do that. The gen only comes in this form in this size. The other liquid metal omegas are different colours and sizes. This is the one and only liquid metal PO in my opinion and shouldnt be messed with imo

blass12

Known Member
17/10/15

I think you would be making a mistake if you were looking to put the orange bezel on the LMPO.. If orange is your thing, I think you would just do yourself justice by getting a CRPO.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I just updated some photos on the original post if anyone wants to take a look :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Less close up pics in natural light:

chimera87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
Less close up pics in natural light:
Awesome LMPO!!!
wish Noob did a TiPO as well...
Hows the bracelet? Been hesitant on this one aspect.
Nywys very classy n elegant timepiece, Wear it in Gud Health Sire
Cheers [emoji2] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Awesome LMPO!!!
wish Noob did a TiPO as well...
Hows the bracelet? Been hesitant on this one aspect.
Nywys very classy n elegant timepiece, Wear it in Gud Health Sire
Cheers [emoji2] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thank you my friend, Yep I have the V6f TiPO but its not a patch on the Noob LMPO.

The bracelet is fine but does not feel, let us say expensive. I had to give it a light polish to get it to suit the watch, so it looks less dull now and I am much happier with it. Clasp is fine too but does not exactly snap shut, it closes perfectly but you fell you have to check it, I hope you get my picture, it is hard to describe. I would love to try the Noob CrPO bracelet on it. I have a Leather strap on the way I will see if that works.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I am concerned on the quality comments you made above. I have a gen PO Chrono (steel bezel) so will feel not on par for sure and will be a dealer break for me [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I am concerned on the quality comments you made above. I have a gen PO Chrono (steel bezel) so will feel not on par for sure and will be a dealer break for me [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone
Yes the worst let down was the case set. I am going to drop it in to the watchmaker to get it sorted if he can do it. It is really bugging me that a diver watch is not waterproof. I will keep everyone posted with the result when I get it done. However mine could be a one off as I have not seen anyone else writing about this issue. But I have not been reading that much about it since I got it.