• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1675 GMT Project - Milky Case 2.0 review

Hec

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/23
Spain
@DeLoMan

One last question, does the GMT function work as it should? That is, the GMT function is independent of the time function?
It told me in some replicas and not in all I think it works "correctly".
Thank you

DeLoMan

3/2/19
@DeLoMan

One last question, does the GMT function work as it should? That is, the GMT function is independent of the time function?
It told me in some replicas and not in all I think it works "correctly".
Thank you
The GMT hand is adjustable on its own if you turn the crown in the opposite direction you would to adjust the date. Also, I didn’t mention but I am using the Raffles open 6 DWO. I didn’t like the one that came with the movement.

Reactions: Hec

Hec

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/23
Spain

In case anyone is interested in GMT and "low beat".
Here is a tutorial on how to switch from a 2836 high to low beat (difficult for a novice).

In turn it explains how to modify some parts for the GMT function, although I have doubts if then the 2836 handset would fit.

shamrok

Looking Around
12/6/07
I had tube issues with the Athaya tube I received. It would not thread tightly into the case, felt stripped. I ended up using a cheap Asian tube with the Athaya crown and that worked great.

Got a link by chance? Kinda hoping to not blindly order more parts I can't use haha

Hec

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/23
Spain
hello,
I have received my Milk Case v2, and am looking to purchase a crystal.

I know some of you have a Clark 116 that looks great, getting it in Europe is not easy.
@tripdog mentioned the Sternkreuz XS 300.158 II, the question I have is, the measurements of the XS 300.158 and XS 300.158 II are the same (according to several websites) , why is it that only the II fits?

Thanks

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
XS 300.158 and XS 300.158 II are the same (according to several websites)

It's the same crystal, that's why the dimensions are the same. You're buttoning up Monday with Wednesday and thinking it's Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: Nur-Uhr and Hec

Hec

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/23
Spain
It's the same crystal, that's why the dimensions are the same. You're buttoning up Monday with Wednesday and thinking it's Tuesday.
in a post of yours I understood "two crystals are sold with the same numbering and the one that fits is the XS 300.158 II", I read it and I created this confusion, maybe I misunderstood it.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
in a post of yours I understood "two crystals are sold with the same numbering and the one that fits is the XS 300.158 II", I read it and I created this confusion, maybe I misunderstood it.
Sternkreutz makes 2 crystals for the 1675, only 1 fits, the XS 300.158.
The other, the XS450, doesn't fit. Don't buy it.

DeLoMan

3/2/19
I’m really loving this V2 Milk case and this has become my daily watch lately. Milk did great with this. I did drill out the spring bar holes a bit and did some polishing to give it that kind of ”serviced and polished” look. Dug through my assortment of fat spring bars to find some long enough to almost hit the edges of the lug holes. I bought a folded center link bracelet for it and swapped over a nice cartel clasp from my rep parts bin. I’m tempted to build another 1675 with an aged dial to go along with this and my Raffles PCG build. For anyone on the fence about getting a Milk case, go for it!

KHU0nQ.jpeg

KHUShS.jpeg

KHUJZR.jpeg

KHUbuL.jpeg

KHUVI8.jpeg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
My V1 with unmodded crown guards says hello.

These cases are such good value. Even for a budget build. I’m using Clark’s crystal on this version.
Viet dial
Modded 2836
Re-lumed BP or cartel hands
Athaya crown
I think raffles overlay can’t remember
Reworked raffles bracelet.

Got the v2 on its way. I’ll will Machine up a movement holder For the v2 case and see how it goes. If I get time to make a bunch I’ll post here.
Any recommendations for good date overlays these days ?

Last edited:

Zorro1869

Horology Curious
11/3/23
US
I’m really loving this V2 Milk case and this has become my daily watch lately. Milk did great with this. I did drill out the spring bar holes a bit and did some polishing to give it that kind of ”serviced and polished” look. Dug through my assortment of fat spring bars to find some long enough to almost hit the edges of the lug holes. I bought a folded center link bracelet for it and swapped over a nice cartel clasp from my rep parts bin. I’m tempted to build another 1675 with an aged dial to go along with this and my Raffles PCG build. For anyone on the fence about getting a Milk case, go for it!

KHU0nQ.jpeg

KHUShS.jpeg

KHUJZR.jpeg

KHUbuL.jpeg

KHUVI8.jpeg

Can you tell us a little more about this build? Looks amazing!

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Can you tell us a little more about this build? Looks amazing!
Thanks! Milk V2 case, fat spring bars with slightly enlarged lug holes, Athaya crown, A2836 movement, Raffles DWO, eBay insert (snaps in and is correct size), Yuki dial, a mix of Raffles and AliExpress hands, Raffles folded center link bracelet with a clasp off a cartel bracelet, and I think that’s it! Keeping great time.

KLPT42.jpeg

KLPseY.jpeg

KLPutD.jpeg

Zorro1869

Horology Curious
11/3/23
US
I have a milky case and a modified 2836 coming. I'm going to attempt to build a very similar watch. Never done this before, so I'm sure I'm in for a rough time! haha

Hec

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/23
Spain
Thanks! Milk V2 case, fat spring bars with slightly enlarged lug holes, Athaya crown, A2836 movement, Raffles DWO, eBay insert (snaps in and is correct size), Yuki dial, a mix of Raffles and AliExpress hands, Raffles folded center link bracelet with a clasp off a cartel bracelet, and I think that’s it! Keeping great time.

KLPT42.jpeg

KLPseY.jpeg

KLPutD.jpeg
Amazing build like always!

Impatiently waiting for the m4 x 0.35mm tap to continue 6538 Alix Case and athaya tube + crown

About your 1675 build, any tips for installing DWO overlay? do you use special glue?

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Amazing build like always!

Impatiently waiting for the m4 x 0.35mm tap to continue 6538 Alix Case and athaya tube + crown

About your 1675 build, any tips for installing DWO overlay? do you use special glue?
Thanks! DWOs are always a nightmare. It took a lot of attempts to get it where every date looked good. For this one I used hypocement, but the next time I build one I’ll be using an epoxy that takes longer to set so you can adjust the overlay before it dries. Hypocement only gives you a second or two.

Reactions: Hec and 369mafia

TickDracey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22

KLPT42.jpeg

KLPseY.jpeg

KLPutD.jpeg
Beautiful build! Where can we get ahold of Yuki for a dial?

• Love
Reactions: DeLoMan