• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hey Ale,

I am looking for replacement crystals for my v6s.
Do you know any alternatives to Mickey's ones as from what I understood he stopped producing them.
Btw, is the rep crystal on the V6 sapphire? Because it scratches easily, it could be the bad blue AR that scratches but I have doubts.

Thank you,

Doud

As far as I know they are sapphire, but you can scratch the AR as you are saying
Regarding crystals ask Domenico, username dmuit
Guru also knows a lot about these mods

ALE

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
As far as I know they are sapphire, but you can scratch the AR as you are saying
Regarding crystals ask Domenico, username dmuit
Guru also knows a lot about these mods

ALE

Thanks Ale.

I wanted to ask Domi about it but I have written to him a week ago for some work on other watches and still haven't heard back.
I guess he is really busy.
I am considering getting one more v6 but I am not sure which:
- Black Magic Evo but I am afraid of the CF Dial being cut poorly.
- This one but is there a gen version with the flat dial? Cant seem to find it on Hublot's website.
fW97wRq.jpg

http://pureti.me/product/big-bang-44mm-full-ceramic-blackwhite-dial-on-rubber-strap-hub4104/

mintmanin

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
29/3/13
thanks ale i might one more HBB in black magic, i am suprised why nor many fans for these HBB reps compared to AP and PAM because these HBB can be called super reps, amazing quality

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Ale.

I wanted to ask Domi about it but I have written to him a week ago for some work on other watches and still haven't heard back.
I guess he is really busy.
I am considering getting one more v6 but I am not sure which:
- Black Magic Evo but I am afraid of the CF Dial being cut poorly.
- This one but is there a gen version with the flat dial? Cant seem to find it on Hublot's website.
http://pureti.me/product/big-bang-44mm-full-ceramic-blackwhite-dial-on-rubber-strap-hub4104/

In real size the cut out on CF dial are the same as gen. maybe under the loupe you could see some differences, but rep CF dial is good enough. Gen is not perfect either.

Ths wacth on the pic is a fantasy, non advisable IMO and no need to get it.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
thanks ale i might one more HBB in black magic, i am suprised why nor many fans for these HBB reps compared to AP and PAM because these HBB can be called super reps, amazing quality

There are more fans of HBB than you can imagine. I receive a lot of consults about these HBB. But HBB people are maybe more discreet...LOL...

Anyway, for purist fans, Hublots are considered as JEWELS and APs and PAMs are considered true WATCHES.

ALE

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
In real size the cut out on CF dial are the same as gen. maybe under the loupe you could see some differences, but rep CF dial is good enough. Gen is not perfect either.

Ths wacth on the pic is a fantasy, non advisable IMO and no need to get it.

ALE

Thanks Ale, I think its kind of cool even if fantasy but I placed an order for the black magic.

Looking forward to see the difference in the AR between this and my older V6s.

Doud

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
I'm still not sure which version i like most, if this one or the numerical version of it, but if everything with my order with this TD goes well i will just order the numerical version too :RWI:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I'm still not sure which version i like most, if this one or the numerical version of it, but if everything with my order with this TD goes well i will just order the numerical version too :RWI:

This is not at all a bad idea
They really are very different watches !!
Completely different I mean
I got both and I have to say that I prefer the "old" model with numerals. This watch is most likely the nicest HBB.
My version is a real old V1 (about 2011), but I have compared it side by side with the new V6 version and you cannot see differences.

ALE

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
So do you advice me to take the numerical v1 and not v6 ? If there is no difference (or at least big worthful difference) why spending 200$ more on v6, better to stick with v1 i think. All of this sure if the v1 is still available from the makers.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
So do you advice me to take the numerical v1 and not v6 ? If there is no difference (or at least big worthful difference) why spending 200$ more on v6, better to stick with v1 i think. All of this sure if the v1 is still available from the makers.

I'm talking about real V1 not V1 Lite
If you get a V1 it will cost more than V6. But V6 will be almost the same but with better and more accurate movement
Go to V6 without doubts

ALE

maxko

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/13
QC pics received today (watch ordered Tuesday, payment confirmed Wednesday morning, thursday? morning qc pics are here ). I'm posting them after 'ok to ship' so the watch should be on it's way now. I spotted some flaw with the markers at 6 and at 4, but honestly for me doesn't worth to change the watch for this. I belive that the first one i my lucky one and if i change it maybe the next would be worst than this. So just pulled the trigger :woot: and even if there are any other flaws, i don't see them so it's logic that they are not flaws to me, so i can live with them, :thumbsup:
I'm very impressed from Puretime i have QC pics even for the screwdriver lol :thumbsup:

ck986s

Getting To Know The Place
21/11/09
I replaced the screws with Mickey screws and they were all loose except for one or two on the caseback.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
All screws are usually loose in all HBB reps
That is already very repeated in this thread
ALE

boirefish

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/11/13
Wow the v6 looks amazing. With regards to why Hublots might not get enough talk, I think it may be due to their size - you need to be either fairly tall or have large wrists to pull it off in my opinion. That being said, I've yet to wear one in real life and have 6.3" wrists so it's purely a personal opinion based on circumstance.

kingkaiser

18/8/08
Wow the v6 looks amazing. With regards to why Hublots might not get enough talk, I think it may be due to their size - you need to be either fairly tall or have large wrists to pull it off in my opinion. That being said, I've yet to wear one in real life and have 6.3" wrists so it's purely a personal opinion based on circumstance.

Panerai and ap wear big as well tbh. I'd guess Panerai wins on some level because they are super reps that are usually cheaper than the hublot reps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boirefish

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/11/13
Panerai and ap wear big as well tbh. I'd guess Panerai wins on some level because they are super reps that are usually cheaper than the hublot reps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Agreed, in fact most super rep watches are 42mm or larger, and wear big to exude their majesty. Which is unfortunate for me. Are there any smaller super reps from the past two years?

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Just picked this ine up m2m. Very nice watch. Very close to gen. Very satisfied.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2