• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

angeldon

Getting To Know The Place
29/8/13
Great thread. Thank you ALE , it is very helpfull!
I just order Full Ceramic Evolution Ice Bang on rubber strap. This will be my first rep and I am very excited. Check my mail every hour :D I`ll post the pics when I receive it.
Sorry for my English!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Your English surely is way better than mine!
Thanks for your kind comments
You will get impressed with your watch

ALE

angeldon

29/8/13
I need help :)
The QC pic is arrived and I have something to ask. The minute arrow lume layer seems to be more bright and a little bit thiner in the middle. Is that just the illusion from picture or is it problem?

5f0y.jpg

mq2v.jpg

xlk3.jpg

2jedi0

8/8/13
The QC pic is arrived and I have something to ask. The minute arrow lume layer seems to be more bright and a little bit thiner in the middle. Is that just the illusion from picture or is it problem?

5f0y.jpg

mq2v.jpg

xlk3.jpg

I think it's an illusion with the "brightness"

Take a look at the tips of the hour markers.

Only the ones at the same angle as the minute hand have the "brightness" while the others at different angles don't.

"ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

2jedi0

8/8/13
I think it's an illusion with the "brightness"

Take a look at the tips of the hour hands.

Only the ones at the same angle as the minute hand have the "brightness" while the others at different angles don't.

"ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

If you also look at the other pictures the "Brigjtness" on the hour markers switch from tip brightness to base brightness

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12

5f0y.jpg

mq2v.jpg

xlk3.jpg

I willing to bet that if your TD is willing to send you a pic of the lume in the dark, you will see that minute hand will not be evenly applied. But then again if you look at the lume shots on some of the TDs' sites their own stock pics will also show hands with crappy lume application on most of the them. By the way for this particular model, the sub dial at 6 should have 3 sticks not 4.

angeldon

29/8/13
Thanks for your answers :) I give my "OK to ship". Let`s check how is my luck in rep`s world.
When the watch is comming I`ll post some pics.

hilarryus

5/9/13
Hi all,

I'm actually thinking of purchasing an All Black II but am kinda confused about the number of version available. I was on the Puretime site and I found 3 listing posted on different dates...

http://www.puretime.co/category_search/?search_with_change_category_ability=yes&categoryID=74&search_name=all+black+ceramic+II&search_price_from=&search_price_to=&search_in_subcategory=1&advanced_search_in_category=Find

Could someone please enlighten me a bit on which version is the best/most accurate?

Thanks!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The watch is the same, the strap changes
2nd and third are the same.
But three are V6 All Black II

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
As usual, thanks ALE. In terms of accuracy of the rep, is it well made?

This is not the best HBB V6, but it is very good.
The best ABII of course
If you like the look of this watch, buy it with confidence
ALE

cmoray

2/2/13
I am willing to purchase one of these V6s but they all look really nice and I don't know which one I should get. Any recommendations?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi akelku
I don't know about the maker of your tourby and maybe it would be difficult to know it
I cannot know if V6 casebacks will fit your watch

Due to that I asked you in other thread or maybe by PM what is the material of the caseback you have.

If the caseback is SS DLC coated or painted, you can use 600-800 sandpaper to remove the coating and get SS colour
It is better if you can use a lathe to do the removing, with a late or similar the result will be perfect !!
You could use a drill machine with a wood tool to support the caseback inserted in the drill machine (like a lathe).

ALE

mikewatch

Renowned Member
27/11/09
Like everyone here.. thanks ALE for the thread. I've managed to get through maybe 50% of it. Hopefully this is something of a contribution as I really didn't see anything about adding gen hublt rubber straps as a simple and affordable mod. Maybe I missed and just as bad as "hey should I get this one!" and it not being a V6 like I have read 40 times in this thread.

Anyways I recived a modded IceBang with a tungsten bezel with a defective croc gummy so I went to a AD and they directed me to their service center in the same mall. I picked up 2 oem rubber straps. One smooth and one ribbed. Both are weirdly priced individually at $100 and $115. So the toal for each strap was $215.

I just wanted to chime in that these are at first glance not to much differnent than the reps until you install them and put them on. One major thing so far as comfort is that the gen being MUCH more pliable rubber (and that vanilla smell!) they sit on the wrist much nicer. I have a large wrist but on my SS V6 with a ribbed strap it always looked a little weird as the rubber didn't really curve around the wrist right. I can't imagine on a smaller wrist how this might look.

The gen straps were as easy to buy as a Big Mac and as simple as wearing in a gen and saying I want a few rubber straps for my Big Bangs at home.

If this has been discussed in nauseum somewhere and I missed it sorry, but I cannot imagine not doing this as the wach sits nicer, smells better, and has a more gen feel. Here is a pic of mine and a wrist shot trying to show how the gen rubber "curves" around the wrist better because it is more pliable than the rep...

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...r/mikewatch/media/V6/IMG_2469_zpsf1a7f7cc.jpg

mikewatch

Renowned Member
27/11/09
BTW if anyone has a full set of Mikey Ti's and the coorect H screwdriver please PM me. I installed them on the SS above and make a big difference to me. Although I did manage to slightly ding one using the crappy E-bay h-driver and was to impatient to wait for the right one form a TD. Lessoned learned use the right tool and take the advice ALE. I'm going to be buying all of the ones he recomends as this is a "banging" rep watch!

YakelkuN

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/10
Hi akelku
I don't know about the maker of your tourby and maybe it would be difficult to know it
I cannot know if V6 casebacks will fit your watch

Due to that I asked you in other thread or maybe by PM what is the material of the caseback you have.

If the caseback is SS DLC coated or painted, you can use 600-800 sandpaper to remove the coating and get SS colour
It is better if you can use a lathe to do the removing, with a late or similar the result will be perfect !!
You could use a drill machine with a wood tool to support the caseback inserted in the drill machine (like a lathe).

ALE

Dear ALE,
Thanks for the advise
it looks plastic material to me... I'll take a pic and post it asap.

hilarryus

5/9/13
I don't know if this is offtopic, but... I just want to confirm one thing.

This watch is not a V6, right? http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_283&products_id=4103 If it's not a V6, is there a V6 version available?

I really like the looks of it. I've looked around on the forums and understand that it's just a modded version of the All black but I like the color of the case on the Tempus a lot more.

Why is this watch so damn expensive though?

After doing more searching, I found a version of the Tempus for half the price... http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=&P_id=1553&ti=

Why is there such a huge variance in price? How are these two watches different?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Mikewatch
Congrats for your straps purchase. I think it is a real bargain
And the straps fit very well your watches and your wrist
It was really as easy as you say?

ALE