• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I don't know if this is offtopic, but... I just want to confirm one thing.

This watch is not a V6, right? http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_283&products_id=4103 If it's not a V6, is there a V6 version available?

I really like the looks of it. I've looked around on the forums and understand that it's just a modded version of the All black but I like the color of the case on the Tempus a lot more.

Why is this watch so damn expensive though?

After doing more searching, I found a version of the Tempus for half the price... http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=&P_id=1553&ti=

Why is there such a huge variance in price? How are these two watches different?

Both watches are not V6
TT watch is seemingly a real V1 with A7750 HIGH beat. This is the first GOOD version of HBB, they were magnificent but very expensive. At that time there was no solution and we all had to buy V1 (they were really awesome but expensive). This famous series V1 of HBB was made by a maker called from that moment H maker for this reason (H-ublot maker). Their quality leaving aside the standard movement are similar or even superior in some details to V6. I'm still carefully keeping my V1 SS/black ceramic and guru keeps several of them.

Asian watch seemingly is a V2 LOW beat, It was a watch started to compete with V1 a cheaper (but it is inferior quality and LOW beat). It really was a replica of V1 replica. Nothing to do with V1 regarding overall quality. This is the reason of the price difference.

To fight with V2 release, H maker started the V1.5 or V1 Lite series, at this moment available some models and the best quality/price ratio of HBBs (Black Magic and Ice Bang both with numerals, really awesome for the price. I get both)

Anyway I think it is not worth the current price of real V1 with the introduction of V6. Unfortunately V6 has no Tempus model
Forget Tempus and go to simple AB II, or get a V2 Tempus and V6 ABII and swap the dial

ALE

Donjuan18

Getting To Know The Place
19/12/12
Master ale, any idea where I can get v1.5 lite for stick market instead of numeric?

hilarryus

5/9/13
Both watches are not V6
TT watch is seemingly a real V1 with A7750 HIGH beat. This is the first GOOD version of HBB, they were magnificent but very expensive. At that time there was no solution and we all had to buy V1 (they were really awesome but expensive). This famous series V1 of HBB was made by a maker called from that moment H maker for this reason (H-ublot maker). Their quality leaving aside the standard movement are similar or even superior in some details to V6. I'm still carefully keeping my V1 SS/black ceramic and guru keeps several of them.

Asian watch seemingly is a V2 LOW beat, It was a watch started to compete with V1 a cheaper (but it is inferior quality and LOW beat). It really was a replica of V1 replica. Nothing to do with V1 regarding overall quality. This is the reason of the price difference.

To fight with V2 release, H maker started the V1.5 or V1 Lite series, at this moment available some models and the best quality/price ratio of HBBs (Black Magic and Ice Bang both with numerals, really awesome for the price. I get both)

Anyway I think it is not worth the current price of real V1 with the introduction of V6. Unfortunately V6 has no Tempus model
Forget Tempus and go to simple AB II, or get a V2 Tempus and V6 ABII and swap the dial

ALE

As usual, thanks for your help and insight ALE. You're such and awesome human being. Lemme give you a digital bro hug.

angeldon

29/8/13
As I promise here are the pics (it`s a very dificult to shoot watch)
4boj.jpg

m7gz.jpg

6bb1.jpg

qe4e.jpg

The watch looks good but I have some quality issues. It comes with broken buckle (the good part here is that all parts were in the box and I fix it easy - put the little springs to their places and clue the top cover). And the buckle looks cheaper then I was expected.
The second one is that the watch is speeding 40 sec for two days - not a big problem I guess. But the most unpleasant for me is that the minute hand has a free movement about 1mm. When I shake the watch slow it mooves 1 minute mark up and down. I`m worry that with time this clearance will became bigger. Are somebody has the same problem and how can I fix this?
Everything else is OK. Delivery takes 12 days - I think this is very good time. The view of the watch is outstanding. Overall I am happy and this is my first but definetely not last HUB V6.
One more time - thanks to all of You who wrote here and make this treat so great :)

romeo7sanchez

20/8/13
Hi guys I got my new HBB v6 yesterday and it looks perfect feels perfect and worked perfect. But today my watch just stopped running. Has anyone had a problem like this. I tried winding it manually but no luck.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

angeldon

29/8/13
Few days and I allready miss a screw.

i1p1.jpg

Like it goes my first HUB will remain for spareparts :D
Did somebody know from where I can find one screw?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Few days and I allready miss a screw.

i1p1.jpg

Like it goes my first HUB will remain for spareparts :D
Did somebody know from where I can find one screw?

switch out one of the small screws from the rear. what you don't see don't hurt. you can see if anyone is selling the small screws in parts section or over at the geek there is someone selling titanium screws. maybe not worth the titanium if you have issues with the watch

fitynine

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/7/10
I have been a long observer of Hublot in general. (Genuine and replica)
As a conclusion, I personal think that the genuine s are overpriced and that the replicas are still not up to the level. But again I recognize the improvements the replica factories have done and I hope one day we will get a satisfying product for the highest demanding consumers to the lowest.

So have the BB's improvement at all since this post above?

Are they considered Super Reps like some Pams? Is the date wheel still sunken in like the V1's? is the AR still blur instead of clear?

romeo7sanchez

20/8/13
Since mine is working again after I went to a watch smith and it took him 5 min to get it running again and also said that this is a very good movement and everything else looks very good too. The crystal is clear and the date wheel looks really good and not sunken at all. But that's just my opinion and I am definitely not a pro in the rep biz. :)

Best regards

R7S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ck986s

21/11/09
I just received a hbb SS evolution from josh got in 7 days from the date of order. Thankfully it didn't get delayed by the holiday. My only complaint is that the 6 marker is a little to the left, but very little. The watch overall is beautiful, the movement looks great, one would just think they wouldn't screw up such a small detail after putting together such a nice watch. Only other thing was a screw in the case back had come off and was floating around the Baggie. I have a set of Mikey's titanium screws on order as these are soft as warm butter. My crystal is a little higher towards the bottom, but very little. I would like to find a gen like crystal to update the watch. The ar is perfect similar if not the same as my old v1 tuiga. There is no blue hue. Also there is super lume. Finally the gummy is ok, but I may get a gen strap or replace with a donerix brown nubuk strap.

mdorfman15

13/9/13
Hi guys,
Great thread and lots of useful information. I'm trying to sort my way through all of it.

Quick question: How has the rose gold plating held up to wear and tear, and how does it compare to solid rose gold (if anyone has experience with both)? i love all of the pictures i've seen on here but am hesitant to buy one because i'm worried it will scratch off or something.
if this has been discussed somewhere already, can someone please point me in the right direction?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi guys,
Great thread and lots of useful information. I'm trying to sort my way through all of it.

Quick question: How has the rose gold plating held up to wear and tear, and how does it compare to solid rose gold (if anyone has experience with both)? i love all of the pictures i've seen on here but am hesitant to buy one because i'm worried it will scratch off or something.
if this has been discussed somewhere already, can someone please point me in the right direction?

The solid RG has no doubts it is RG all the material of the case
The replicas are plated RG. That means a layer of RG coating the base made of SS. This layer is relatively thick (about 50 microns) in a good coating like applied in the best HBB replicas.

You can scratch the coating in the same way as you can scratch the solid RG. No differences, But I solid you will have RG inside the scratch and in the rep you will have SS. Therefore regarding scratching no worries.

Regarding colour if the coating has the same composition of solid RG, as it happens in good replicas, you will not see differences. The appearance will be the same.

The difference will be the duration, solid RG will not get used never. But RG coating if you wear it every day and get many contact with clothes will get used in the edges and you will see more and more the SS. You will need variable time to see that but sooner or latter you will see it. Maybe two years.

If you like the SS versions they are more advisable purchase

ALE

mintmanin

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
29/3/13
Hi ALE with the recent updates in V6 do you still think ice bang is the best?, even HBB evo model looks more gen like of all and so is black magic 2

mintmanin

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
29/3/13
is there V6 model with solid RG? i have never seen any stating it as solid RG

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi ALE with the recent updates in V6 do you still think ice bang is the best?, even HBB evo model looks more gen like of all and so is black magic 2

is there V6 model with solid RG? i have never seen any stating it as solid RG

I have never said Ice Bang is the most accurate of HBB. Indeed I think it is the less accurate of them.
The most accurate in evo models, because is more simple, is SS/SS and then SS/ceramic and then Black Magic, IMO
In “old†numeral models I think SS, SS/ceramic and Black Magic are First Class too

There are no HBB replica models made of solid RG, only the gen

ALE

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Hey Ale,

I am looking for replacement crystals for my v6s.
Do you know any alternatives to Mickey's ones as from what I understood he stopped producing them.
Btw, is the rep crystal on the V6 sapphire? Because it scratches easily, it could be the bad blue AR that scratches but I have doubts.

Thank you,

Doud