• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

winwin

Do not accept unsolicited offers
18/7/12
Hi guys, this is my first time purchasing a watch so I'm a bit of a noob.

First, I'm not sure which one of these is a V6 model/the best one:

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_381&products_id=9927

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_381&products_id=8344

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_280&products_id=9455

Now, I prefer the look of the one with the numerical dials, however I read a few pages back that it's the older version. What are the differences between the two?

Second, is the leather strap any good in terms of durability and looks, or am I better off saving money with the rubber strap?

Third, I've been reading around and it seems that the V6 straps hurt your wrists/leave marks. Is it really that bad that you can't wear it throughout the day? What if I plan to wear the watch, lets say, around every 1-3 days per week?

Thanks.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
you need to read the thread and then you will find out that only the last is a V6.
There is no leather strap with the V6. There is gummy or rubber. Everything in here, just read!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi winwin

Firstly welcome to RWI from Spain

First model is not V6 is H maker

Second is a V6 of new model Hublot
Third is a V6 of old model Hublot

The V6 quality is the same for new and old. they are just different Hublot models and both are still in the market
So, if you like numerals, polished bezel and contrasted brushed-polished parts you should go to old model
If you like sticks, brushed bezel and other parts you should choosing new model.
That's all.

Concerning strap rubber is more accurate and confortable (more confortable tyre model of old Hublot)

Since these models are gold plated, 1-3 times per week is good (Less resistant than SS models)

ALE

Freepower

Getting To Know The Place
20/1/13
Hello hublot fan!

I have a ss v6 which is coming soon from Toro I ask myself the question is what a Td sells bezel ceramic apart or not? For eventuelement the mount after top?

Thanks for the info :cheers:

Ps : guru Nice collection

pongster

3/1/13
I was looking at the 44mm V6 SS but don't really like the Chrono function and much rather prefer the King and its size since I have an 8" wrist anyway.

I'm looking at the Big Bang King 48mm and noticed that there aren't any made by the V6 Factory. Would the H-Factory Reps of this model be of the same caliber or even close to being the same type of "quality"? :)

skoner

Known Member
7/7/11
Just pulled the trigger on a SS Evolution with Ceramic bezel from Ryan. Will keep you updated, thanks for all useful information!

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Hi again guys,

After seeing P4GTR's lovely photos of his new Hublot V6 watch, it looks to me like the factory have made some improvements to the CF dial cut outs and the chrono hand.

I hope P4GTR doesn't mind me posting photos of his watch in here but I would like to get your opinions:

IMG_5434_zps375c2064.jpg

IMG_5435_zps0c6ede10.jpg

IMG_5442_zpsccb1a8ca.jpg

IMG_5435_zps0c6ede10.jpg

IMG_5445_zps2735f8fc.jpg

So, is it just my eyes deceiving me? Or have you guys noticed this too in a new batch of V6 CF watches?

Thanks.

winwin

18/7/12
Hi winwin

Firstly welcome to RWI from Spain

First model is not V6 is H maker

Second is a V6 of new model Hublot
Third is a V6 of old model Hublot

The V6 quality is the same for new and old. they are just different Hublot models and both are still in the market
So, if you like numerals, polished bezel and contrasted brushed-polished parts you should go to old model
If you like sticks, brushed bezel and other parts you should choosing new model.
That's all.

Concerning strap rubber is more accurate and confortable (more confortable tyre model of old Hublot)

Since these models are gold plated, 1-3 times per week is good (Less resistant than SS models)

ALE

Thanks for the reply!

Just wondering, do you guys know where to get the "H" screwdriver?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks for the reply!

Just wondering, do you guys know where to get the "H" screwdriver?

The best H screwdriver and more expensive too is from Puretime.
Now with site down.
Puretime H screwdriver
http://www.puretime.co/product/special-screw-driver-for-hublot-big-bang

You should wait for openning of Puretime site or try to get it from other dealer.

Please assure the "H" shape no "V" shape as below explained:

Dear friends
In order to clarify definitively the "H" Screwdriver discussion, I have made some draws showing the differences of fitting between screw-screwdriver for a correct specialized H screwdriver and a cheap V screwdriver.

Firstly the pic of the correct H screwdriver

SCREWDRIVERPURETIME.jpg

Below the pics of:
-LEFT: The H screw and the bezel
-CENTER: The fitting of the correct "H" screwdriver
-RIGHT: The fitting of an adapted "V" screwdriver

SCREWDRIVERCOMPARISONS-final.jpg

It is no necessary to explain why the V screwdriver can scratch and mark the H screw. Isn't it??

I hope all is clear now

ALE

winwin

18/7/12
The best H screwdriver and more expensive too is from Puretime.
Now with site down.

You should wait for openning of Puretime site or try to get it from other dealer.

Please assure the "H" shape no "V" shape as below explained:

Thanks. I gave them an email. I was reading around that the screws around the bezel can fall out. Does this happen often and do they need regular tightening?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks. I gave them an email. I was reading around that the screws around the bezel can fall out. Does this happen often and do they need regular tightening?

Yes the screew can fall out easily. But you just need to apply some Loctite and tighten them (onloy one time is enough).
Read the posts of this thread below indicated:

#111-112-117-118 - LOCKING HBB screws. LOCTITE 222ms

ALE

winwin

18/7/12
Got QC Pics, bought a screwdriver and the loctite. Thanks for your help!

Deals789

15/1/13
Anybody know when puretime is coming back? Desperately waiting to order my SS/SS :)))

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
I saw this video from a member on RWG.

What about this model?Is it accurate?For me looks pretty decent...What you guys think on this one?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig-z3mGmnQw&feature=player_embedded"]Nice ey! - YouTube[/ame]

zps123

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/9/12
these watches look amazing. i'd probably get a all black soon

winwin

18/7/12
So I got my RG HBB.. but there seems to be an issue with it.. I cannot set the time on the watch, I can set the date, but not the time. If I pull the crown and turn it clockwise, it changes the date like normal, but if I try and turn it counter clockwise like I was told, it doesn't do anything..

Little help here guys?

EDIT: Thank you ALE7575 for helping me! Turns out I just haven't turned the crown the whole way to change the time :facepalm: I was too scared to pull it too hard :facepalm:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
So I got my RG HBB.. but there seems to be an issue with it.. I cannot set the time on the watch, I can set the date, but not the time. If I pull the crown and turn it clockwise, it changes the date like normal, but if I try and turn it counter clockwise like I was told, it doesn't do anything..

Little help here guys?

The time in movement A7750 is not changed turning counter-clockwise the crown in change-date position.
There is a first crown position to change date and another crown position to change time.
You must, from the change-date position, pull the crown another step (to outside) until another position of the crown, and then change the time.

Please bear in mind you must not change date when the watch is indicating a time between about 9 hours and 3 hours. Always indicating 4-5-6-7-8 hours.
As an habit, in order to not forget it, I usually put the time in 6,30 hours and then change the date, after that I adjust the time.

Don’t hesitate to consult anything you could need.

Good luck
ALE