• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
Ice Bang V6 arrived today. AR is definitely very blue. Beautiful watch, but not so comfortable for me. Deployant buckle doesn't end up centered on my wrist causing some pressure. I need a strap with longer buckle side, don't know if such a thing exists. Some quick phone pics.

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Hi,

I posted this in the send in the Hublot fans before I found and read this one and didnt get an answer so I ll try my luck here:

I Love the BB and I am about to pull the trigger on a V6 and at the moment
after a bit of reading around my choice would be SS/black ceramic
but I was just wondering how good the carbon dial is compare to the gen?
As if not quite close to the gen I will take it with the SS bezel and plain dial.

Thank you

ps: 83,799 views
Ale congrats and thank you for an amazing and helpful thread

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi,

I posted this in the send in the Hublot fans before I found and read this one and didnt get an answer so I ll try my luck here:

I Love the BB and I am about to pull the trigger on a V6 and at the moment
after a bit of reading around my choice would be SS/black ceramic
but I was just wondering how good the carbon dial is compare to the gen?
As if not quite close to the gen I will take it with the SS bezel and plain dial.

Thank you

ps: 83,799 views
Ale congrats and thank you for an amazing and helpful thread

Thanks friend for your nice comments

Really talking about accuracy the most accurate is the SS/SS due to a most sinple and easy to make dial
But most people prefer the SS/ Ceramic with CF dial
Of course the CF dial is not as perfect as the flat dial, but that happens even in the gen, because the cut s in real CF are not easy.
In a macro pic flaws are very visible but in real size and in the real life these flaws are not at all noticeable.
My advice:
If you like more the SS/ceramic buy it with confidence, you will not be disappointed. No worries about the CF dial.
I have both and enjoy both without problems, when you are wearing the watch you forget many silly things that we tought when we are buying the replica.
Really all HBB V6 and old V1 are awesome I have five of them and I'm very happy. And I have owned two HBB gens (I have still one).

Good choice
ALE

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
what camera did you use to get those close shots? they look nice

Thanks! I'll assume you are inquiring about the photos of my Ice Bang. Those are quick shots with my iPhone 5 in my kitchen. Watch held in one hand and phone in the other. Honestly my iPhone takes better pics than my Canon point and shoot. I've stopped using it.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Thanks friend for your nice comments

Really talking about accuracy the most accurate is the SS/SS due to a most sinple and easy to make dial
But most people prefer the SS/ Ceramic with CF dial
Of course the CF dial is not as perfect as the flat dial, but that happens even in the gen, because the cut s in real CF are not easy.
In a macro pic flaws are very visible but in real size and in the real life these flaws are not at all noticeable.
My advice:
If you like more the SS/ceramic buy it with confidence, you will not be disappointed. No worries about the CF dial.
I have both and enjoy both without problems, when you are wearing the watch you forget many silly things that we tought when we are buying the replica.
Really all HBB V6 and old V1 are awesome I have five of them and I'm very happy. And I have owned two HBB gens (I have still one).

Good choice
ALE

Thank you for your prompt reply, so the CF on the rep is real carbon too? If yes thats awesome.
I will order the SS/ceramic but your advice raised another issue: now I kind of want both... :D:

win23

Getting To Know The Place
2/9/12
You go for the ss/ceramic . I'm sure you will never be disappointed. I got mine a week before Christmas from Esavy with the tx crystal and a gen hublot croc strap. The quality is just outstanding. Can stand toe to toe with my gens. When buying Hublot, no need to buy the gen since the V6 is so close. I'm happy with my decision. Good luck!

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
I got the ss/ceramic with Carbon dial. My friend has the gen of this. You cannot tell in real life. the V6 is a great rep. I have held it side by side with the gen and its impossible to tell without knowing exactly what to look for.

The gummy strap though is not as good as gen.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thank you for your prompt reply, so the CF on the rep is real carbon too? If yes thats awesome.
I will order the SS/ceramic but your advice raised another issue: now I kind of want both... :D:

You go for the ss/ceramic . I'm sure you will never be disappointed. I got mine a week before Christmas from Esavy with the tx crystal and a gen hublot croc strap. The quality is just outstanding. Can stand toe to toe with my gens. When buying Hublot, no need to buy the gen since the V6 is so close. I'm happy with my decision. Good luck!

I got the ss/ceramic with Carbon dial. My friend has the gen of this. You cannot tell in real life. the V6 is a great rep. I have held it side by side with the gen and its impossible to tell without knowing exactly what to look for.

The gummy strap though is not as good as gen.

Yes SS/ceramic is a very good choice indeed. And you are right croco gummy is nice but is better the gen. Buy it with the rubber strap to avoid this issue.
Doud, concerning both watches the case is the same and they look really different but maybe it is better go to a more different watch like the Black Magic, Ice bang or All BLack.
Even, if you like the HBB old model with numerals, you have an awesome and "cheap" Ice Bang old model Ceramic-Titanium bezel V1 Lite for about 260$. Really nice and well built.

ALE

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
FYI @ those about straps.

Managed to get my hands on a gen matte gummy strap (for a price lol) and not only completely changes the look of the watch but it feels 100x more comfortable, i don't find the rep gummys really uncomfortable but sometimes it digs in and can get sweaty etc.

It really does completely change the look of the watch, i'm not sure if there are different variations to the rep gummys - i have two and they're both similar, seem to be semi-matte? the gen one is matte and it's absolutely stunning, the rep ones aern't even close to the point where i'm now trying to get just the rubber strap for my other hbb to sit on as i dislike the rep gummy.

If you can get hold of a gen gummy - do it, 100% worth the $$ IMO - if you like the gummy over other straps.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Ryan has one for sale in his section for 550 USD

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Yes SS/ceramic is a very good choice indeed. And you are right croco gummy is nice but is better the gen. Buy it with the rubber strap to avoid this issue.
Doud, concerning both watches the case is the same and they look really different but maybe it is better go to a more different watch like the Black Magic, Ice bang or All BLack.
Even, if you like the HBB old model with numerals, you have an awesome and "cheap" Ice Bang old model Ceramic-Titanium bezel V1 Lite for about 260$. Really nice and well built.

ALE

Yeah if I am satisfied with the SS/ceramic, which I am now sure I will be from the positive feedback it got above,
I think I ll get an Ice Bang V6 too, its such a pretty watch and I also like the new dial without the numerals, It makes it a bit less sporty.

ps: Approximately how much is the gen gummy at a Hublot AD?

Thanks

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Thanks! I'll assume you are inquiring about the photos of my Ice Bang. Those are quick shots with my iPhone 5 in my kitchen. Watch held in one hand and phone in the other. Honestly my iPhone takes better pics than my Canon point and shoot. I've stopped using it.

Wow i can't believe those are iPhone 5 pictures! They've really improved the quality of macro shots!
Enjoy your watch & iphone 5!

DomWash

Getting To Know The Place
31/12/12
Right, so I have spent the past 2 hours reading this thread. Its an encyclopedia!

Big thanks to Ale and Guru and others who contributed. Its because of you I'm now getting a good rep, after changing my order twice.

As an uneducated noob exactly 1 week ago, my first order, without reading too much in the forums, was a 2011 HBB Black Magic - http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-2011-black-magic-full-ceramic/. I thought this was the upper limit of what I was willing to pay for a good rep - $258.

Thank goodness, my TD came back to me to tell me this model doesn't have AR at the moment, would I like to choose another... So, with my chosen expanding price range of up to $300, I opted for an excellent All Black V1 Lite: http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-full-ceramic-all-black-v1-lite/ But then on perusing pics, the dial is reaaally inaccurate to a gen All Black. If accuracy were my desire in my price range, my TD told me, I should get the Ice Bang V1 Lite: http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-full-ceramic-ice-bang-v1-lite/ .

As you can see, my price range of $260 went out the window. So I commited to $300 for an Ice Bang V1 Lite, which is really a decent rep in its price range. End of story.

Until I found this thread.

And now that I have done some serious reading and comparing, I have opted to not eat for a week and use the savings to upgrade to a V6 All Black II: http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/5995635/ for roughly $100 more. After reading this thread, I am conviced this is $100 well spent.

So, two things I have learned from this process:
1. The more research one does, the more one realises that 'budget' is a flexible term :)
2. Trust and trust and trust some more in the guys on this forum who know their respective rep brands well, and take their advice on quality for money. I wouldn't have had to read a 130+ page thread if I had opened my eyes to Ale's advice from the beginning.

Again, a genuine thank you. (And don't tell my wife what I just spent.)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
good move, domwash....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11