• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

lacosta

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/10
Would love to know the differences between the genuine carbon fiber dial and the V6 ; )

watchfaker

26/12/10
Watchfaker-SS/Black ceramic-CF dial-rubber HBB V6

Would love to know the differences between the genuine carbon fiber dial and the V6 ; )
Besides the fact that the gen has 2 version of the date cut out, I don't see any difference between the rep dial and gen dial. The pattern is exactly the same, and the version of date cutout is also seen on the gen. The pattern and reflection of the dial is very close to gen. It may perhaps be real CF; otherwise its very close to real. The cut outs on my watch are clean and the pattern is aligned as per gen. The AR's blue tint is not as noticeable as I thought it would be. The blue only shows up under certain types of light. The AR is quite good! almost seem glassless at certain angles.

The accuracy of the watch I got is very good. I have it running against my cell phone time and its not even about 1 second off since synced 10 hours ago! So the accuracy is around 1-2 seconds (same as the QC video!).

The watch strap is very flexible but solidly built. The molding seams are very neat (almost nonexistence). The clasp is quite nice, snaps in with a click. The strap seems to be good for 5.75"-7.25" wrists. The watch does float a bit for my 6.25" wrist.

The only complaint on my watch is that the start/stop button is a bit hard to press in. The reset is much easier/smoother to press. Not a big deal since I don't use the chrono feature too often. The sub dials and split second hand resets almost perfectly. Another complaint is that the rotor engraving and bearing is not correct. Will swap in a rotor from Tony when it arrives.

OK enough of a mini review. Time for some pictures (on 6.25" wrist):
bwtGq.jpg

xoq7o.jpg

Very good AR, blue tint is more noticeable under indoor lighting
UMNUN.jpg

Slight blue AR at this angle
gTpP4.jpg

Showing the very nice CF pattern
YlA1U.jpg

oDqDi.jpg

Bad pic, but the engraving is sharp. Although its not as deep as gen nor does the letters have slightly rounded corners.
qvifn.jpg

Some under indoor fluorescent lighting
veAYU.jpg

Notice the AR can also be seen with purple tint
8wzVI.jpg

Clean AR here
GD9fL.jpg

Crystal is actually at the correct height. Slightly above the bezel and beveled edge.
0AgUb.jpg

Clean finish all around!
RMi20.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
OK enough of a mini review. Time for some pictures (on 6.25" wrist):

Many thanks watchfaker for your good pics and comments
Awesome watch!
Congrats!!
Could you put a title to your post??
Something like this:
"Watchfaker-SS/Black ceramic-CF dial-rubber HBB V6"
Thanks again my friend

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks watchfaker
Very very good pics
Your pics give a great idea about this beautiful and awesome watch
Amazing!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Mistake in comparison

ATTENTION:
There is a thread called:
V6 Finishing Compilation PICTURES vs GEN
Where, the OP is making a comparison of the rep HBB V6 finish with a GEN

BUT IN THIS COMPARISON THE SHOWN GEN IS NOT AN EVOLUTION TYPE V6 MODEL !! IS AN OLD HBB MODEL
I have already said this mistake to the OP

PLEASE DON'T GET CONFUSED WITH THIS COMPARISON

The GEN Evolution Type V6 has all BRUSHED case and the HBB V6 rep is very accurate!!

Phil_UK

4/6/11

watchfaker

26/12/10
Made an H screw driver and decided to put some purple loctite (222ms) on the screws to prevent them from falling. Interesting shot of the watch without the bezel. The crystal is quite thick!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Loctite 222ms - the correct choice!!

Made an H screw driver and decided to put some purple loctite (222ms) on the screws to prevent them from falling. Interesting shot of the watch without the bezel. The crystal is quite thick!

Thanks watchfaker for the interesting and difficult to find pic !!
Awesome crystal !

BTW: the chosen Loctite 222ms is the correct one.
Link Loctite:
http://www.loctite.sg/sea/content_data/93818_222MSEN.pdf
It is a very specific Loctite to the locking and sealing threaded fasteners which require easy dissasembly.
Please noobs don't make mistake with other Loctite type Superglu or similar

You have take risks making a H screwdriver!
The H screws are very delicated!! You would need a very good screwdriver.
If you have time and patience you can have a good screwdriver from puretime:
http://puretimewatch.com/product/special-screw-driver-for-hublot-big-bang/

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS AN
INDEX OF THIS THREAD AT THE END OF POST #1

ericb196

Respected Member
Certified
18/5/11
Hi guys,

Did you all get your order easily or does it look likes the stock of V6 is going down by our dealers ?
I asked one of the dealer and he said that he has to check !! I don't like this...

nige76

31/8/10
Hi guys,

Did you all get your order easily or does it look likes the stock of V6 is going down by our dealers ?
I asked one of the dealer and he said that he has to check !! I don't like this...

Lay said he is expecting another batch of V6 this week, suggesting there aren't too many problems on the supply side. Let you all know when I get my QC email.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Lay said he is expecting another batch of V6 this week, suggesting there aren't too many problems on the supply side. Let you all know when I get my QC email.

ATTENTION:
RM is not a TD yet from 27 August 2011.
No problems, of course, if you want to buy from RM. I myself like this dealer (with its many pros and many cons)
But, if you buy from RM, you will not have the RWI forum protection.

nige76

31/8/10
ATTENTION:
RM is not a TD yet from 27 August 2011.
No problems, of course, if you want to buy from RM. I myself like this dealer (with its many pros and many cons)
But, if you buy from RM, you will not have the RWI forum protection.

Thanks ALE - hadn't spotted that, have now read the posts. Cheers

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Loctite - Usage

I was meaning to ask about loctite, as I read mention of it on RG.

It sounds like the bezel screws are prone to fall out easily without loctite being applied.

Are there any disadvantages to using loctite? How much should be used? Will it ever need to be removed and if so how? Perhaps I should use a toothpick to apply it?

They may be silly questions, but I am overly cautious when it comes to my reps and I think the answers will be useful for many purchasing the V6 :)

Thank You
Phil

watchfaker

26/12/10
I was meaning to ask about loctite, as I read mention of it on RG.

It sounds like the bezel screws are prone to fall out easily without loctite being applied.

Are there any disadvantages to using loctite? How much should be used? Will it ever need to be removed and if so how? Perhaps I should use a toothpick to apply it?

They may be silly questions, but I am overly cautious when it comes to my reps and I think the answers will be useful for many purchasing the V6 :)

Thank You
Phil

Don't go using the loctite blue or red; you need to have the low strength purple Loctite 222MS (made for <6mm fasteners)

You can put a drop of loctite onto a clean surface and dip the screw's thread onto the drop. Don't over dip the screw (don't let it drip when picked up). Pick it up and wait a few seconds before screwing it in but do not over tighten the screw. Stop as soon as you feel a bit of resistance.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Lovely watch there watchfaker.

I would like to get one for myself eventually, with a croco strap. Seems like our TD's do not have any stock left however?...

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Don't go using the loctite blue or red; you need to have the low strength purple Loctite 222MS (made for <6mm fasteners)

You can put a drop of loctite onto a clean surface and dip the screw's thread onto the drop. Don't over dip the screw (don't let it drip when picked up). Pick it up and wait a few seconds before screwing it in but do not over tighten the screw. Stop as soon as you feel a bit of resistance.

Thank You watchfaker....very helpful advice! I have ordered the 222/purple.
Phil