• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

lildaddym

Renowned Member
14/3/10
:ttiwwop:

No white for me, I wish they would have announced the Black Magic.

Did you guys see the HBB which will be build for RG members? It is
a nice design, I signed up for one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
RG members special HBB V6

No white for me, I wish they would have announced the Black Magic.

Did you guys see the HBB which will be build for RG members? It is
a nice design, I signed up for one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can see below the pic of the HBB V6 special for RG Members

HBBV6OFREPGEEK.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Anyone have an idea?

As we know, the V6 HBB has a 'rep-ish' cote de geneve decoration on the bridge:
The gen's, however, is polished:
Is it possible for the rep bridge to get a treatment of some sort to have a polished look like the gen's?

Hi audace
FIRSTLY: if the bridge has some plated treatment you will remove it if you make some brushing and polishing treatment. Be sure the bridge is not plated or you will be able to get plated after brushing.
If you can disassemble the bridge, you could apply it the same treatment that for a brushed or polished surface.
In this case the problem is the black Hublot and numbers engravings, if they are not deep enough you can erase them when brushing.
I don't know what is the depth of these engravings or if they are painted.
But you can see it if you are interested. If you think that the engravings are deep enough, apply a brushing treatment with several sandpapers of different grain sizes.
You could start from P400 and them P600, after P800 - P1000 - P1200 - P1500 and you can see the effect with each grain size. If you have not polished surface enough you could use 2000 grain.
I think you don't need arrive to the polishing paste, a fine sandpaper would be enough.

To make it please read the following thread, it is the same process:
BRUSHING and POLISHING damaged bezels-Tutorial (Sticky)
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/brushing-and-polishing-damaged-bezels-82526

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice work there ale with the ruler, my calculation was really bad hehe. Anyway you are making this thread better and better. Congrats on your amazing job!!!
And yes dont try removing the H screws without the good one screw driver, i used a spring bar removal tool, no no no!!! 2 of them are damaged, well it cant be seen when you wear it but the makro tells the truth!
This RG model is really going to made? I think it looks very good!!! Anyone knows the price on it?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice work there ale with the ruler, my calculation was really bad hehe. Anyway you are making this thread better and better. Congrats on your amazing job!!!
And yes dont try removing the H screws without the good one screw driver, i used a spring bar, no no no!!! 2 of them are damaged, well it cant be seen when you wear it but the makro tells the truth!

Many thanks my friend, you are very kind ;)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
@Ale. the link for Puretime do not work. Was the black ceramic a Black Magic?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@Ale. the link for Puretime do not work. Was the black ceramic a Black Magic?

Sorry, you are right.
I have already corrected the Puretime links. I think Puretime has changed something, because I had just copied and paste the links directly from Puretime catalogue.
Now all are OK.

No guru, unfortunately is not a Black Magic. it is RG/ceramic and SS/ceramic

whyser

19/6/10
WOAH IS THE 6 o'clock MARKER FIXED on the V6 with those new Puretime photos?!?

HB-2011-10-10-01-01_enl.jpg

bluffer843

Renowned Member
21/10/10
Hey Guys, I just spent about 15 minutes playing with a gen CF dial black magic. My main concern about the V6 was the quality of the CF. The Cf is spot on!!!! I had the V6 for a month and I would like to offer a standing round of applause for the V6 maker. The rubber and clasp seem quite close as well. On a side, Gen AP ROO looked like reps, not impressed at all.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hey Guys, I just spent about 15 minutes playing with a gen CF dial black magic. My main concern about the V6 was the quality of the CF. The Cf is spot on!!!! I had the V6 for a month and I would like to offer a standing round of applause for the V6 maker. The rubber and clasp seem quite close as well. On a side, Gen AP ROO looked like reps, not impressed at all.

Thanks bluffer for your interesting comments

bluffer843

Renowned Member
21/10/10
Has there been any final word on the rose gold quality? Played with the gen RG evo at the AD, its pretty sweet except for the $20K price tag

lacosta

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/10
Has there been any final word on the rose gold quality? Played with the gen RG evo at the AD, its pretty sweet except for the $20K price tag

Didnt you notice a difference in the color of the plating?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Any mod we can do about the date wheel? I mean its very low the more i see it, in some angles i can see the movement..!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I got confirmation today that the V6 ceramic will come out in the next few days....
Here is a picture of what to expect.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I sent my order ....

Foto.jpg

Darkwan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/11
I got confirmation today that the V6 ceramic will come out in the next few days....
Here is a picture of what to expect.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I sent my order ....

Foto.jpg

One worth getting.