• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
One for sure the AP Diver, and we still have 3 month to go.

Ok guys, ready for some pics?

I took all the screws out and put them back in using Loctide. I can really recommend this, the threads on the bezel screws are really short.

No quality issues, buy from Marvellous with confidence.

Overall great built quality, 3 years ago we paid for that 800 - 1000 USD.
Now waiting for the all black blue to show up or the black magic.

All other is already said in this thread

Holy cow, you've got one sexy beast! Congratz :) I can't wait for mine to arrive now!

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
The 3 dealers listed for the new launch are not trusted with RWI, they are TD with RG.. Has anyone dealt with them..mainly Andrew at Trusty Time..They offer the same watch in a pink option (the wife)...Any thoughts..

TIME IS A LIE WE CHOOSE TO BELEIVE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
chromed HBB V6 SS/SS- solutions to issues !!!

chromed has found solution to his problems with HB V6 SS/SS !!!
He has put a thread with the pics with your "new watch"
Congrats chromed and thanks for sharing it

1st HBB purchase&besides e problems i had earlier(as some might know), i must say tt build construction of e V6 is amazing.. with this much parts to put tgt, e watch feels solid&quite gen-like.. strap feels great, watch feels sturdy.. as a whole, its a great purchase..

just to share some random pics after getting it serviced & waterproofed.
img3236k.jpg

img3247z.jpg

img3248y.jpg

img3249ij.jpg

&last but not least, a wristie. a tad too big, mayb.?
img3251z.jpg

the advice i need is in regards to:-

1) i intend to swap a SWISS 7750 mvmt into this but i wana know whether e bridges&all other decorated parts are interchangable.
2) whether a V1 or V5 or V? seconds hand wld fit e V6
3) looking for a mikey or tx xstal to install, preferably with AR coating..if not coated, its ok..

if u have any of e above parts available, do PM me to offer :)

thanks, all.

EDIT: TITLE is supposed to be "my opnion & advice needed" hahahaha, clicked to fast! cld e mods change e title.?
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS AN
INDEX OF THIS THREAD AT THE END OF POST #1

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
watchfaker SS/SS croco-gummy - some MODDS !!

As above announced by "watchfaker", great contributor of this Thread, has made some interesting modds and added a croco gummy to his magnificient HBB V6 SS/SS
Awesome pics!!!
Thanks watchfaker for sharing them

I ended up swapping my SS/CF v6 for a SS w/ gummy croc strap.
UPDATE:
Looks like Lay updated his site.
The SS w/ croc is now available (the SS/CF may be available with croc as well!):
http://www.replicamake88.com/categories/Hublot/Big-Bang-Evolution/

I like the SS version more than the CF for its simplicity.

The first thing I did when I got the replacement was to change out the v6 rotor to one from Tony (asian7750).
YwYj4.jpg

The rotor in the V6 is not engraved. The decal on my SS was placed too close to the inner edge.
PNZjj.jpg

The one from Tony is engraved but the black part is not matte black like the gen; instead, it is semi gloss and the paint was applied unevenly.

Upon test fitment, the engraved rotor sits a few fractions of mm closer to the movement. This is due to the thickness at the bearings; engrave one is 1.77mm vs 1.86mm for the v6.
The rotor does not scrap any part of the movement. It spins freely.

I also brushed the engraved rotor for a finer look and better shine. My original intention was just to swap the inner black part. Unfortunately, the v6 part is a bit wider. I ended up disassembling the bearing unit from the engraved rotor and sanded it down and resprayed it in matte black.
O9Zjc.jpg

rAKAe.jpg

Once dried it was reassembled.
VaOJ6.jpg

q65Qc.jpg

I also did a photo shoot of the watch after the mods. Enjoy!

UPDATE: 10-5-2011
I ended up modifying the rotor bearing again. I swapped in the V6 bearing onto the engraved rotor. I also noticed that in my macro pictures, the engraving was quite rough. I ended up sanding it down further and repainted the letters.
Although the direction of the brushing on the engraved rotor is incorrect, I think it looks nicer than the up down brushing the V6 rotor has:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS AN INDEX OF THIS THREAD AT THE END OF POST #1

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The 3 dealers listed for the new launch are not trusted with RWI, they are TD with RG.. Has anyone dealt with them..mainly Andrew at Trusty Time..They offer the same watch in a pink option (the wife)...Any thoughts..

Yes, of course, I know very well the RWI TD list!

This indications about no trusted dealers are only for informative purposes.

Be patient, we will have it form TD very soon.

Concerning pink version I don't know it.
Please indicate the link to see it.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11

HUB0174C - Big Bang "All Black Red" Special Ed Cer/LE A-7750

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
HUB0174C - Big Bang "All Black Red" Special Ed Cer/LE A-7750

Thanks Mike for the link

Really it is not a HBB V6 because the movement is a conventional A7750 like all other old HBB. You can see the movement pics in your link
http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index...d=8416&zenid=0220593e986af703cebfea86583c5020
and compare to the V6 mvmt pics in the post#1 of this thread:

Therefore is not a V6 definitively
Trusty Time announces it like the new evolution !!!
It is a commercial trick to lie the buyer

Looks like Lay updated his site.
The SS w/ croc is now available (the SS/CF may be available with croc as well!):
http://www.replicamake88.com/categories/Hublot/Big-Bang-Evolution/

(looks like this was already posted on post #317)

Yes , LOL
icon7.gif

There is already a lot of information in this thread, it is normal that these things happen. LOL
icon7.gif

lacosta

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/10
All the V6 Hublot dont have an engraved rotor? What about the other markings on the movement are they all engraved? ex: bridge, etc... ?

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
All the V6 Hublot dont have an engraved rotor? What about the other markings on the movement are they all engraved? ex: bridge, etc... ?

everything is engraved except e rotor.. but u cld get e engraved one frm tony.. i might be too as well, along with e list of mods i intend to carry out, if e parts surface :)

&if i buy a croc gummy, watchfaker is to blame for it.. hahahahaha :lolcina:

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Nice mod, but... what's the purpose to mix the V6 movement style (Evo) with an older bearing ? Isn't it possible to adapt the correct Evo style bearing to thre engraved rrotor supplied by Tony ?

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Nice mod, but... what's the purpose to mix the V6 movement style (Evo) with an older bearing ? Isn't it possible to adapt the correct Evo style bearing to thre engraved rrotor supplied by Tony ?

You can but for this model, the V6 bearing is incorrect. The gen SS does come with the same bridge configuration but the bearing on the rotor is the old style

At least on the gens I've seen

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Question to all v6 owners, how is the pusher at 2, is it really hard to press in. It is on mine, I will ask Domi to check it out. But I have seen movies from some dealers and when they press this button, they all have problems. Is this a v6 related problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thx for the explanation QQ.
Maybe there are various versions then.
Here's what I googled.
301.SX.1170.RX-01.jpg

301.SX.1170.RX-03.jpg

I'd prefer the new bearing style, it makes the watch look different from the usual 7750

watchfaker

26/12/10
Question to all v6 owners, how is the pusher at 2, is it really hard to press in. It is on mine, I will ask Domi to check it out. But I have seen movies from some dealers and when they press this button, they all have problems. Is this a v6 related problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first SS/CF v6's 2'o clock pusher was very hard to press; typically required using my thumb... on my new SS model, the pusher was much easier to engage.

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Thanks Mike for the link

Really it is not a HBB V6 because the movement is a conventional A7750 like all other old HBB. You can see the movement pics in your link
http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_287&products_id=8416&zenid=0220593e986af703cebfea86583c5020
and compare to the V6 mvmt pics in the post#1 of this thread:

Therefore is not a V6 definitively
Trusty Time announces it like the new evolution !!!
It is a commercial trick to lie the buyer

Yes , LOL
icon7.gif

There is already a lot of information in this thread, it is normal that these things happen. LOL
icon7.gif
Thanks for the info

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ROTORS & BEARINGS HBB V6 Evolution- Comparisons to the GEN

ROTOR AND BEARINGS in HBB V6 Evolution

There are two types of rotor bearings in gen HBB Evolution

Type “A”
BEARING-TYPEA-GEN.jpg

Type “B” (Like v2)
BEARING-TYPEB-GEN.jpg

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SPOKES OF THE ROTOR ARE THINNER IN TYPE "B"

In replica world we have two types too

Type “A” (installed in the factory at this moment in all replicas HBB V6)
BEARING-TYPEA-REP.jpg

Type “B” (installed in rotors type V2 and sold by ASIAN7750.com)
BEARING-TYPEB-REP.jpg

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SPOKES OF THE ROTOR IN TYPE "B" ARE NOT AS THIN AS IN THE GEN, THEY ARE THE SAME OR ALMOST THE SAME THAN TYPE "A"

ROTOR OF ASIAN7750.com
ROTORTYPEASIAN7750.jpg

ROTOR HBB TYPE V2
ROTORHBBV2.jpg

In the above pictures you can see there are four zones around the bearing that in the gen HBB Evolution are metallic white and in the ASIAN and V2 rotor are black. We could make a modd removing the black paint of the ASIAN and V2 rotor, in the zones indicated in the below picture, in order to get more accuracy.
ROTORASIANZONASTOREMOVEPAINT.jpg

You can see bellow some pics of gens HBB Evolution, with old and new movements and they are fitted with rotors Type “A” and Type “B” indiscriminately.

TYPE “A” GENS
CONJUNTOGENCONTYPEA.jpg

TYPE ”B” GENS
CONJUNTOGENCONTYPEB.jpg

You can see below some pics of reps with rotors Type “A” (the usually installed)
CONJUNTOREPCONTYPEA.jpg

You can see below a rep with rotor ASIAN7750 installed by watchfaker (see the post #345 in this thread).

CONJUNTOREPCOMTYPEB.jpg

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS AN
INDEX OF THIS THREAD AT THE END OF POST #1

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Excellent :)
The lack of clear specifications from Hublot help making any rep close to a gen... :facepalm:
I have a real preference for the latest V6 movement and rotor.