• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Looks great this watch. I’d like to see a Tokyo edition version with the white dial and blue bezel. Very patient for those who are waiting for the TDs given the factory situation in China right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kadakn01

Known Member
28/6/09
O had the VSF grey on order and trusty (andrew) said was in stock and then 11 days later said nope! so i said to switch to the ORF and I just placed that order so will post pics if i ever get it, the grey ORF looks quite nice and includes a free blue rubber strap. Anyone else order the grey ORF dial? Andrew told me the diff in price from the VSF version with rubber $338 and the ORF was $348. I told him to cover it, and he agreed after i told him the last 10 watches he told me are in stock are not! I realize the raids going on, but then why not do what Ryan at intime does and just say no more orders for now? Apparently he wants to keep our funds on hold and I told him to either refund it or get me the watch as i have given him more and more $ as each watch i have to choose is more and more expensive. I started with a Tudor black bay for $228 and now I am at $348!
After this experience I would def consider using Jtime even if slightly more expensive.

Reactions: Fedon06

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
O had the VSF grey on order and trusty (andrew) said was in stock and then 11 days later said nope! so i said to switch to the ORF and I just placed that order so will post pics if i ever get it, the grey ORF looks quite nice and includes a free blue rubber strap. Anyone else order the grey ORF dial? Andrew told me the diff in price from the VSF version with rubber $338 and the ORF was $348. I told him to cover it, and he agreed after i told him the last 10 watches he told me are in stock are not! I realize the raids going on, but then why not do what Ryan at intime does and just say no more orders for now? Apparently he wants to keep our funds on hold and I told him to either refund it or get me the watch as i have given him more and more $ as each watch i have to choose is more and more expensive. I started with a Tudor black bay for $228 and now I am at $348!
After this experience I would def consider using Jtime even if slightly more expensive.

Li @ Jtime is awesome. I ordered my blue ORF seamaster from him. He usually responds to emails within a day and he is pretty good on letting you know what is in stock and what he can get. I was trying to find a ZF Black Bay Harrod's edition and he told me it was out and he didn't know when it would be back in. I mean, he could have taken the order and had me pay and wait forever but he didn't. Instead he told me other versions he could get. Jtime is a great place as many others have stated.

Another good thing, and it could just be a coincidence, the ORF blue that I got from Jtime was just overall better - alignment and lume application - than the black I ordered from Trusty. This isn't me shitting on Trusty or anything as It could just be a product of Jtime's better QC pictures.

Regarding my blue ORF...I love their version of blue. In darker light it looks pretty dark. I actually thought for a second when I opened the package that I was sent the black version instead lol. I am not too concerned with the "correctness" of the blue really.

The only fault I seem to find on the ORF's is the quick-adjust clasp. On both (black and blue) the quick adjust is gritty and rough OOTB. I have found taking the clasp apart and using fine sandpaper on the metal parts that touch when using the quick-adjust makes a big difference. It was a bit of a PITA to re-assemble the clasp my first time around though. Before I did this I was using my old VSF clasp on the ORF.

Reactions: keisuke_z

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Another new spectacular releses from ORF - > few bond watch. They are on fire.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Another new spectacular releases from ORF - > few bond watch. They are on fire.

Tempted by these, but comparing with the vsf versions, they don't have the attention to detail. For example on all the pics of the ORF Bonds, the alignment of the markers, especially at 12 are not exactly straight or centered. QC will be a nightmare for the dealers with fussy members.

The Zr02 on the dial is also very very faint compared to the original dial I saw in person.

A Video for those that want to take a peek. Good to see they got the Bond 7 on the date wheel.

https://v.qq.com/x/page/p32516ukffm.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Takemetothepub

Butterflyeffect

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/20
Saw that ORF has released a No Time To Die now, anyone seen some qc of these or even seen them in hand yet?

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
Saw that ORF has released a No Time To Die now, anyone seen some qc of these or even seen them in hand yet?

Not yet, but I am also waiting for this one as I didn't manage to nail the VSF one. I am also hoping for the ceramic-titanium seamaster.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Wear my black everyday, great watch although I did swap to a VsF bezel as the teeth are just a bit better than ORF with deeper scallops.
340f462d93450ec94c1a7b1489ae7c9c.jpg

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
These new SMP models from ORF are impressive. I'm seriously having a hard time telling them apart with the gens. Amazing. Especially that black one.

Butterflyeffect

24/11/20
These new SMP models from ORF are impressive. I'm seriously having a hard time telling them apart with the gens. Amazing. Especially that black one.

The backpart though, the engraving ”omega” is a big confusion. Think ORF has with black lettering while gen has engraved and vsf same

Dub_2006

Horology Curious
4/4/21
Does anybody else think the date font "5" looks off on this example? Something about that 5... I'm pretty sure it is the wrong font.

5 is Ok for me, but I noticed the same problem with my ORF- [h=1]misaligned bezel. Triangle in front of 12 and 30 misaligned by 0.5...1mm :([/h]

IntenseImage

16/6/19
Here we go ... Had the bracelet from my VSF Great White sized already so just swapped it over ...

And compared to the VSF

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Are you telling us the black dial watch is an ORF? I hate to be the one to tell you but it isn’t.
It’s actually a rep of the VSF which are floating around the market, you can tell by the dial detail and the markers with mismatched hands. Sorry! You need to have a word with your dealer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: