• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

bwoah!

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
I have a question regarding 116610lv green insert colour clean V3 vs V4
I've read all the hulk threads, and I know the factory made v4 slightly more yellowish to be more gen like.

However I can't see much different between V3 and v4, at least, from photos.

My question for members that have both zzf v2s and zzf V3/VSF, do you see the colour difference in real life?

I don't have an answer to that, however, my Clean V4 11610LV came with a blemished dial (see pictures of it a few posts up in this thread.) JTime was able to source another one for me but Clean wanted $150 for it (Such BS). JTime covered some of the cost but it still cost me $95, then another 150- or so to get the thing installed. Watch is going to run me over $700. I may just get a VSF and get this new dial installed on it as I'm pretty much done with Clean/ ZZF

51104195148_b69ca004fb_b.jpg

BLY

16/4/20
Thanks @bwoah!
Can you let me know once you got the VSF and compare its dial's vs ZZF's?

I want someone with both VSF and ZZF dials to compare the sunburst. People say VSF's sunburst is strong. I just want to use ZZF's dial as a reference for comparison purpose.

Thanks in advance

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

BLY

16/4/20
Thanks @Tobel. I read the thread you sent.
The problem I have is judging a dynamic component of a watch, ie. LV's sunburst dial, or even its ceramic bezel, is that it's very difficult to capture the differences in still photos. So I try to gather as many info from different people as possible, using a larger sample size to reach a relatively more objective conclusion

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks @Tobel. I read the thread you sent.
The problem I have is judging a dynamic component of a watch, ie. LV's sunburst dial, or even its ceramic bezel, is that it's very difficult to capture the differences in still photos. So I try to gather as many info from different people as possible, using a larger sample size to reach a relatively more objective conclusion

I’ve had ZZF v2, v2s, and v3, and I’ve had 2 VSF. My opinion: the VSF dial is the worst of them all, the laser effect is very harsh, and pretty far from the gen. ZZF dialed down the effect from the v2&v2s to the v3. The v3 dial is a bit more “boring” but you don’t have the harsh laser effect on the dial.

so if you want close to gen, go with the ZZF dials

BLY

16/4/20
Thanks @2841
That's very useful info. I have ZZFv2s. May I ask, in real life, can you perceive the color difference between ZZFv2s insert color (clean v3) vs ZZF v3/VSF (I think the latter two use the same clean v4 insert)?

Reactions: MUFCneil

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
Even in the 116613LB I think the clean dial is better than the vsf dial. Anyway I bought them both and I will make a comparison as soon as I have received them

Reactions: mrsullivan

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks @2841
That's very useful info. I have ZZFv2s. May I ask, in real life, can you perceive the color difference between ZZFv2s insert color (clean v3) vs ZZF v3/VSF (I think the latter two use the same clean v4 insert)?

I haven't noticed a noteworthy difference

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thanks @2841
I used to have the V2S and although it's a great watch, the insert's platinum coating looked quite dull to me, reason why I sold it.
I have a 114060 VSF coming in right now.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

BLY

16/4/20
Thanks all

@2841 if that's the case, and I only concern about the look, I probably won't buy the VSF, and just keep the v2s instead

@Giellea Would like to see the comparison

Reactions: Giellea

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I used to have the V2S and although it's a great watch, the insert's platinum coating looked quite dull to me, reason why I sold it.
I have a 114060 VSF coming in right now.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

The platinum coating on the CF v4 insert is still dull compared to gen. I haven’t had a single CF insert where the platinum numbers looked like my gens. But it is only noticeable when you have it next to a gen. CF still did a good job on these inserts

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
The platinum coating on the CF v4 insert is still dull compared to gen. I haven’t had a single CF insert where the platinum numbers looked like my gens. But it is only noticeable when you have it next to a gen. CF still did a good job on these inserts

Would using the 'molotow' method of applying silver paint to the bezel inserts solve the opacity problem? Or obviously look as much like the original as possible?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Would using the 'molotow' method of applying silver paint to the bezel inserts solve the opacity problem? Or obviously look as much like the original as possible?

I doubt it, genuine platinum inlay has a very specific shine/sparkle. But again, if it’s not sitting next to a gen, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Reactions: Manuel.b

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
If I had this watch, I wouldn’t wear it on the 4th, 14th or the 24th.
There is a pretty obvious difference in the font for their 4s, in the date wheel.
all other differences are very minor.
one thing I notice is the letters “C” have a slightly different lean to them between the gen and rep.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
I doubt it, genuine platinum inlay has a very specific shine/sparkle. But again, if it’s not sitting next to a gen, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Is it possible that we can't find a way to improve the colour of the inserts on the bezel?

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
Certified
28/7/19
EU, UAE

Molotow mod will give it the desired bright effect and won't be dull in lower lighting conditions. It actually looks really good, but at direct light it is more of a silver color, noticeable if you compare it to gen or even CF. Yet still not a single person on the street will call you out shouting "hey, that guy wears a fake watch! Look at the bezel, it's silver, not platinum!" :D

I did it on my Noob V8, and wore it for more than a year without issues, but if you are looking for the closest thing to the real deal, ussdassein 's real platinum mod is what you need.

Here's a photo of my Molotow mod.

Reactions: Manuel.b