• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I got the VSF Hulk today. Huge thanks again to Trustytime, thanks Andrew!

I have a genuine 116610LN from 2018 and a ZZF V2S Hulk from last month that I am comparing it to. I also compare it to the bracelet from ARF, (supposedly) the best Submariner bracelet and clasp too. My finding below along with unboxing and too many pics too!

The Hulk with the stickers on is the VSF, the black LN is genuine.

ZUV2Mt.jpg
ZUVeoE.jpg
ZUVLD2.jpg
ZUVh1F.jpg

Bracelets
Bracelet on the ZZF (C4R) had sharp edges all over and the clasp felt lightweight and the glidelock took very little force to open meaning it would just open and slide every time you opened the bracelet. The glide was not very smooth and far too easy, this does not feel quality. The bracelet as a whole feels quite cheap which makes the watch feel cheap.

I read ARF did the best 116610 bracelet so I bought one for my ZZF watch. It was an E5N code. It fitted on perfectly. The clasp on this felt so much better and infact, when compared to my genuine 116610 the form of the clasp was the exact same thickness where as the ZZF clasp was thinner, I guess this this where the nice weight feel comes from. The ARF E5N bracelet still had sharp edges that I could shave a finger nail with, but after some refinishing work (that took me a couple hours) and lubrication, I had the E5N feeling like genuine with even the clasp flip lock nearly there but a not quite just tight enough to be genuine feeling.

VSF bracelet and clasp is the best yet, I have 7GJ for reference. It has a high quality feeling tight clasp and flip lock and the edges of the link are finished nice and smooth and there is no way I can shave a finger nail with them! This feels better than the refinished ARF E5N above and it needs zero work to get it there. SEL fit is really good too. This VSF is the best out the box bracelet and clasp I have had on a rep, ever. It feels just like my genuine 116610LN did when it was brand new - and I really mean that. Bracelet and clasp winner: VSF (better than both ZZF and ARF)

Bezel
Noticeable difference in colour between ZZF and VSF bezel inserts with the VSF having a nicer colour to me. The number cut out are the same thickness (not thicker like some suggested) but they are brighter on the VSF, much brighter whiter platinum silver, they really POP like the number infills on my LN. The ZZF bezel insert doesn't have the same wow factor at all. Also, the VSF insert has a nice recess inside the bezel and a clear circular definition that is missing from the tight fit insert on the ZZF.
The insert numbers on the VSF and the colour of the infill and the non finger print insert with bevelled edged are way ahead of ZZF here. Just looking at it in low light here, its gone nice and dark same as the dial but I can't catch it with the digital camera (it makes it look bright).. Winner: VSF

Bezel action
ZZF is nice and tight with no back play. It feels just like my genuine 116610 did when it was new. VSF bezel feels just like my genuine 116610 does now with 2 years of use on it, which is fine too.

Dial colour
Not sure which is right or wrong but they are different. I remember thinking nothing of the genuine LV in pictures, but when I saw one I was blown away, mesmerised with that green, it was so stunning you have to see one yourself. I was so taken with it that I put myself on a list at my local AD but it never came sadly. Roll on last month, I got the ZZF and was delighted but I don't remember being blown away.. rose tinted specs perhaps.. but when i took this VSF out the box today I was BLOWN away with it,the green dial is magic!! The bezel is beyond beauty, I was blown away again. Camera cannot catch it, you need sto see it. VSF dial is mesmerising in a way the ZZF just is not, it for sure takes the win here. It's like a precious jewel!
ZUViBY.jpg
ZUVqKk.jpg
ZUVmRD.jpg
ZUVa5s.jpg
ZUVI9o.jpg

Hands
I Don't even notice the difference folk speak of myself, but the hand look clean, no marks. If i had to choose probably ZZF wins but I don't see this as anything that matters to me. You decide.

ZUVOMJ.jpg
ZUVyDP.jpg

Crystal
ZZF crystal is more or less flush with the bezel insert. VSF crystal sits very slightly above the insert just like the genuine, see pics. VSF has a better black hole effect. VSF is much more like genuine, VFS wins.
ZUV8UL.jpg
ZUVnbQ.jpg
ZUV9TS.jpg
ZUV1qW.jpg
ZUVrBR.jpg
ZUVtR8.jpg

Crown guards
VSF has the best crown guards I have ever seen on any replica Submariner past or present. End of. ZZF falls short. It's the thing I look at on Sub reps, VSF looks genuine to me, I am 101% delighted with the crown guards on this rep.. See pics of both versus genuine below. VSF wins.

Crown
Unwinding the crown on the ZZF is gritty and not that great. It's much much out the box better on the VSF. I lubricated both with some silicone grease. The ZZF improved but still was not obviously not threaded well. However, the VSF after some grease feels like just my genuine one when I unscrew it, amazing. Winner VSF.

Movement.
The ZZF is a 2836, the VSF is a VS3135, it feels lovely and smooth. The a2836 in the ZZF feels like a a2836.. ok I suppose. Winner VSF until reliability proves otherwise.
ZUVQhK.jpg
ZUVl9v.jpg
ZUVps1.jpg
ZUVPZj.jpg

Date wheel
ZZF date wheel font is noticeably thinner than on my genuine 2018 116610. VSF looks perfect thickness too me and the fonts all appear to be exact day to day (even the number 20's) have a nice gloss to them just like my genuine. No need to that at all in the VSF. Winner VSF.
ZUVTq4.jpg
ZUVdbc.jpg
ZUVXXI.jpg

Colour
ZZF is very very slightly yellower hue to the metal, but we are talking miniscule in the right light. The VSF more like the genuine as far as I can tell so far!
ZUVMRb.jpg
ZUV4Qi.jpg
ZUVwUX.jpg

Weight
My genuine 116610LN with all 12 links is 158g. The VSF is 156g. The ZZF is 153g each with all 12 links. Winner: VSF

Summary
This VSF I am delighted with, I think its the best rep I have ever had out the box. I have been rep collecting for near 20 years and have had many through my hands and countless genuine sport Rolex to. If someone showed me this watch and took it off their wrist and I got to handle it for a few moments I would believe it was 100% genuine, that's how good I think this looks and feels.

For once while wearing a replica, I don't feel like I have a rep' on my wrist, it feels and looks to me like the a real Rolex, every time I look at it on my wrist I smile, the green is doing something different each time, from very loud to black. It looks very special and it feels great, you could pass this as genuine watch to a WIS who doesn't read VSF forum threads!.

Final word: VSF makes the ZZF look and feel like a replica. VSF feels and looks like a genuine Rolex.

I think this is NWBIG (investment aside) These are my opinions.

Please enjoy my pics.

ZUVvn5.jpg
ZUVNZt.jpg
ZUV7sF.jpg
ZUVuhp.jpg

Last edited:

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Congratulations on this review. The vsf really amazing

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

walla65

20/5/19
Thanks ... beautiful comparison ... I was 90% convinced ... you dispelled my last doubts ... and VSF is!

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Nice pics, watch, and review. Thank you. Looking even more forward to getting mine now!

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Extremely reassuring as I wait for mine to arrive in the mail. Great pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I Have never been as happy with an out the box replica before, ever. I am as happy with this as I would be if I had just spend $$$$£££ on a real one. Every time I look at it, it beams and just looks real to me, where the ZZF I always saw the short comings, this VSF takes all that away, there are none that I can see on my wrist, so it it makes me feel good and it's truly stunning green!. I will be taking the same care with this as I do with my genuine LN, there is now no need to buy a real Hulk for me, this just looks and feels real and I don't think anyone could tell unless they know VSF has the first R in the rehaut (which you can hardly see anyway!) a little to far right! This is as good as it gets. In my opinion ofcourse.

I'm not on commission, I don't work for a factory, I live in Scotland lol.. I just love sport rolex watches, real and rep. I have 17yr old TW best to a recent (37mm) ARF Yacht, ZZF Hulks, genuine LN and have had genuine TT's and all sorts to draw these above comparisons with.. I like t think over a couple decades I have half a clue. This VSF is best rep I have seen. I'm even going to wear it to bed tonight!.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Thank you for such awesome pictures in great resolutions, mate!
Wear the new hulk !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Thanks for your efforts. I’ve bought a number of reps over the years and this was the first time I ever made a purchase without so much as seeing a real live picture of it. What I saw of the LN and my experiences with good quality of VSF products over the last few years gave me the confidence to make a leap of faith. Your pictures and your comments have reassured me that it was a good decision. The tough part is waiting. My TD usually ships DHL (not this time) which hasn’t been like it was in the past but I still haven’t gotten the name of that slow boat it’s coming on
‘Again thanks for sharing.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I Have never been as happy with an out the box replica before, ever. I am as happy with this as I would be if I had just spend $$$$£££ on a real one. Every time I look at it, it beams and just looks real to me, where the ZZF I always saw the short comings, this VSF takes all that away, there are none that I can see on my wrist, so it it makes me feel good and it's truly stunning green!. I will be taking the same care with this as I do with my genuine LN, there is now no need to buy a real Hulk for me, this just looks and feels real and I don't think anyone could tell unless they know VSF has the first R in the rehaut (which you can hardly see anyway!) a little to far right! This is as good as it gets. In my opinion ofcourse.

I'm not on commission, I don't work for a factory, I live in Scotland lol.. I just love sport rolex watches, real and rep. I have 17yr old TW best to a recent (37mm) ARF Yacht, ZZF Hulks, genuine LN and have had genuine TT's and all sorts to draw these above comparisons with.. I like t think over a couple decades I have half a clue. This VSF is best rep I have seen. I'm even going to wear it to bed tonight!.

I think its underestimated how much diffrence that gap and slightly sunken insert makes. The slight edge makes it appear like a shiny ring around the face.

Reactions: StreetFighter

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Thank you so very much for such a great review. We need more of this here instead of mindless blasting by people who keep saying they compare it to ‘their gen’ but never have any pictures to show for it. This in-depth review is extremely helpful. Shows that you care about the forum and for other guys on here enough to spend time taking these pics, posting them and writing the comparison reviews. Much appreciated!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I think its underestimated how much diffrence that gap and slightly sunken insert makes. The slight edge makes it appear like a shiny ring around the face.

You are absolutely correct. Its not so noticeable on the LN (being black of course) but the silver outline becomes like an event horizon at the edge of the very slight bevelled dark void at the outer edge of the green bezel to create the definition around the insert that we can see on the LV's. The ZZF pictured has it's insert flush with the bezel with no gap whatsoever, but this ZZF is a V2S/V3 so it's using the older CleanFactory bezel I guess.

VSF nailed it. I can't speak for ZF and the others, but this one does it for me, I'm made up!

Updog

18/7/19
Thanks for the review and great photos! - I've been reading conflicting information on which is better - ZZF V3 vs VRF - and this makes things even more cloudy! I'm looking at the no-date, so it will be a test of patience on which one I choose.

Redjack2k

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/19
USA
Thank you modernclassic , I've been following all the Hulk VSF, ZZF and everything in between threads, you finally shed some light on direct, in-hand, comparisons. My VSF Hulk is on the way (fingers crossed) and I can hardly wait. Currently have the ZZF V2s VR3135 and I'd have to agree, it's good but after having seen a Gen Hulk, that dark-to-light transition makes you crave the next version (i.e. like a drug). So I am itching to see how the VSF stacks up in my eyes.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Very nice review, I sold my ZZF V2S Hulk because although it's a very nice version, something was still missing overall to make it a great OOTB Hulk.
You just triggered in me the need to give a try to the VSF, great job.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk