• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I still have mine which is new unworn, but I have one here my nephew used for a year and it fell apart. The most recent failure is a weld on the clasp. I tried to get a replacement clasp but no joy, just recently we ended up breaking the watch up for parts. I guess these are not quite as durable as gen but they are not as expensive either.

Reactions: 1breitling

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
my nephew used for a year and it fell apart.

How did he manage to do so...how old is your nephew:(?

Mine vsf 116610LV holds up very well, its like brand new. ive bought the arf bracelet and using this for now as it feels more solid like gen.
if anything happens to it im ready to use the vsf bracelet.

edit: i also wear my watches a more tight on the wrist, behind the wrist knuckle, so its not swinging around.

Last edited:

Malaka

Known Member
5/9/19
Germany
My VSF is also still in good health. Although I really need to research if there are better dials out there, with no laser sunburst flaw ????

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Ouch! Was that a VSF, too? That really makes one question their overall build quality, regardless of price.

Why? It's not like there's been massive feedback related to VSF's quality issues. This post was from early April. Overall folks are happy with their VSF subs and they've proven reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Why? It's not like there's been massive feedback related to VSF's quality issues. This post was from early April. Overall folks are happy with their VSF subs and they've proven reliable.

You're right. That was the first major issue and complaint I saw. A big one at that, but we don't know the details of what caused that break in the clasp. I'm a VSF fan and I'm sure it was just an unfortunate rarity.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You're right. That was the first major issue and complaint I saw. A big one at that, but we don't know the details of what caused that break in the clasp. I'm a VSF fan and I'm sure it was just an unfortunate rarity.

These remain reps so there will always be unlucky purchases, but on average VSF have been pretty solid. I think the main thing to check now is whether you're getting a real VSF or not on QC

Last edited:
Reactions: diamonds

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
@leebart check the front page, 'trusted dealer section' choose one, only use the contact info from RWI! do not google them or end up getting scammed by a fake TD.

Mille

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
S.....
I still have mine which is new unworn, but I have one here my nephew used for a year and it fell apart. The most recent failure is a weld on the clasp. I tried to get a replacement clasp but no joy, just recently we ended up breaking the watch up for parts. I guess these are not quite as durable as gen but they are not as expensive either.
A stupid question… do you think a TD would bring back the watch if that happens? or does the buyer need to "repair" the damage?