• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
And thank you StreetFighter for this comparison. I was away from the rep world for the last months (while corona) and just started reading and informing myself a week ago.

You guys really sold me on the VSF LV.... now I only need to decide if to GL or not.

I have only found two "flaws".

1. The Amplitude is pretty high (331) I am kind of afraid if the watch will knock in the future. What is the position form you guys, is 331° dangerously high? The time is +8sec/day which is fine for me. Beat error is 0,2ms which is also fine. Just the high Amplitude is my concern.
2. The rehaut is not perfectly aligned. Is the S29 better aligned when it comes to that?

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
j3wGgt.jpg

that's a front view.
Would be happy on your opinion about the alignment of the rehaut.

I have few reps but this is my first R***x rep so I am not sure how accurate the R and X should be aligned.
On my GEN LN as far as i remember it was pretty perfect but thats some years back. I know I am buying a rep and I dont expect it to be 100% accurate. I just wonder if I should ask for an S29.

Last edited:

mlk2000m0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/20
Excellent review, really in-depth. Just hoping the raid situation calms down so I can perhaps order mine.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
j3wGgt.jpg

that's a front view.
Would be happy on your opinion about the alignment of the rehaut.

I have few reps but this is my first R***x rep so I am not sure how accurate the R and X should be aligned.
On my GEN LN as far as i remember it was pretty perfect but thats some years back. I know I am buying a rep and I dont expect it to be 100% accurate. I just wonder if I should ask for an S29.

The first R in the rehaut used to be the problem, lucky for you the watch you posted there does not have this problem, it's better than my own example...

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
The first R in the rehaut used to be the problem, lucky for you the watch you posted there does not have this problem, it's better than my own example...

thank you for clarifying.

what would you say to an amplitude of 331° ? Can it be fixed by a service?

I GL the watch by the way.

Last edited:

Jacklongy

Horology Curious
4/10/16
jHOIWI.jpg

mine I’ve just picked up and wow the thing is insane for a replica I can’t stop looking at it

Last edited:
Reactions: up2wind

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
I've just received my VSF 116610lv and I will do a quick comparison next to my zzf v3 nodate.

1. Bracelet and clasp.
The ARF bracelet is so solid, it makes the VSF oiled bracelet sounds like a replica, vsf has little jiggle sound. there is just a little more space between each link. The ARF bracelet of my zzf v3 nodate feels more solid. Both have edges, not sharp, but it is possible to shave a finger nail. The ARF clasp with code 1LD feels more solid aswel, maybe my VSF with code 7GJ isnt the same quality as yours. Maybe a less quality batch..
I've switched the clasp from the ARF to the VSF with the removeable links. VSF feels more genuine now.

2. Solid end link.
The solid end links of the vsf are outstanding, no space between the lugs and the end link, the ARF has a little space like 0,1mm. Not noticeable with the naked eyes, only noticeable when you move the bracelet.

3. Movement
​​​The serviced VS3135 movement winds butter smooth, same as the genuine of my buddy. While the ZZF v3 nodate winds good, but a little noisy Sandy.

4. Bezel
The ZZF nodate has a better and smoother bezel click. It has no backplay, while the VSF feels a bit stif and makes it harder to turn.

5. Insert
I've tryed to clean the numbers of the ZZF v3 with warm water and soap, but the clean v3 insert aren't as bright as the vsf numbers. Probably because the vsf uses the clean v4 insert?

6. Rehaut
The rehaut of the ZZF is more crisp, shines brighter and realy pops. While the vsf rehaut looks a bit dark and less noticeable. Zzf makes the vsf looks boring.

7. Dial
There is no way to compare these dials, both look crips, but the ZZF looks more genuine. The vsf dial looks good, nice sunburst but less genuine.

8. Crystal / cyclops
The vsf has a very good quality cyclops and datewheel, Best cyclops ootb I've seen so far.

9. Hands
VSF hands look a bit flat compared to the ZZF hands. Not realy noticeable.

10. Case and cg.
This is definitely a big win for vsf. The case feels and looks so genuine, cg and lugs has the right shape. The ZZF case looks like a replica next to the vsf. Such a shame the vsf rehaut isn't as good as the ZZF rehaut.

The vsf is the winner, because of the vs movement, case and insert. But both are great ootb watches, with little flaws which I can easily live with. Both NWBIG.
jyd9MR.jpg

​​​
​​​

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The vsf is the winner, because of the vs movement, case and insert. But both are great ootb watches, with little flaws which I can easily live with. Both NWBIG.

jyd9MR.jpg

​​​
​​​

Nice review bro, thanks for taking the time. :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: Tijdwijzer