• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Excellent review! Safe to say that I most likely prefer the VSF over the ZZF, especially when you look at the price difference. Cheers.

Tete

4/11/16
modernclassic Thanks for the review, I have LN and because of this I will have to order LV lolol. You could take some shots in very bright or strong light from outside and inside to see how the bezel and dial behave. So far all my Hulk rep looked very sad green-gray with warm or yellow interior lighting. Thanks and congratulations on your Hulk !!!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks Tete, I read a review of yours and thought it was a little hard to believe it was so good.. but I’m a believer now!
The ZZF is packed up ready to send to its new keeper today so I’ll take no more pics of that sadly.

Reactions: Tete

Tete

4/11/16
Thanks Tete, I read a review of yours and thought it was a little hard to believe it was so good.. but I’m a believer now!
The ZZF is packed up ready to send to its new keeper today so I’ll take no more pics of that sadly.

yes of course, I meant the photos of Hulk VSF. Glad to hear all those good things about VSF having the gene to compare. I have been without my LN gene for 3 years but the feeling of having Vsf is very similar.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
Greit review. Made med pull the trigger with Andrew at Trusty for the second time this month....

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I wonder how this compares to the new ARF v4..

I won't buy an ARF V4. I have an ARF bracelet already and while it can be made feel genuine with a little work (you/anyone can do this by yourself), the VSF bracelet 'out the box' feels like the ARF after you have done the work to make it good, only the VSF clasp, glide and flipper is still superior. Then, the ARF got laughed at for shortcomings with the case shape.

No doubt ARF build a great watch, I have a ARF 37mmm Yacht and it feels genuine (even if the crown guards fall short, but my wife does not know and I'm not going to bother her with that). I am not a factory fanboy , got a Noob Daytona coming tomorrow too, I just like the 'best quality' NWBIG or near as possible to sit amongst our small collection of genuine watches (my wife has a genuine and a rep to).
The VSF fits in perfect, it feels like a green dialled version of my genuine Rolex Sub guys. That's how I feel about it, The search has ended. I'm not even interested in doing hands or crystals or dials, or whatever.. its out the box awesome. The next Sub I buy will be a 126610 if they can make one as good as this new watch I have here.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thank you modernclassic , My VSF Hulk is on the way (fingers crossed) and I can hardly wait. Currently have the ZZF V2s .

You are in for a surprise. Please report back here and let me know if it has the same impact on you. I felt like a just got a real one when I held it against the zzfv2s. Same feeling I got when I got a real Sub16610 and put it beside my rep JF16610! It's like 'that rep was nice, but now it looks like a rep compared to this!'

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
ZWj3yK.jpg

If you didn't know, could you even spot the genuine one??

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
modernclassic You could take some shots in very bright or strong light from outside and inside to see how the bezel and dial behave. So far all my Hulk rep looked very sad green-gray with warm or yellow interior lighting. Thanks and congratulations on your Hulk !!!

Thank you and I will.

Reactions: Tete

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Greit review. Made med pull the trigger with Andrew at Trusty for the second time this month....

Thank you. I’m pleased it has helped you, it took me all evening to do! Please also advise Andrew that you are buying after seeing my recommendation. I have been buying from him for a long time, he’s a great seller to work with folks. I think I got my 1st ‘trustywatchguy’ rep, a 16613LB about 15yrs ago!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Great review, the VSF does indeed excellent. Do you plan on keeping it entirely stock or carrying out any mods on it?

merlynmanson1000

Little bit Conversation...
Certified
8/4/16
Germany
What is the difference between 7GJ ( old ) and new Clasp Code J9K?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Sorry, the ZZF is parcelled up and is going away today to it’s new keeper. They are quite different though, I don’t know which is right as I don’t have all 3-4 versions of the genuine LV green dials here to compare them with, and the digital camera changes the shades and hues anyway making them look more or less identical, there is little point even trying.

I’ll say I prefer the VSF green as it’s got more to features to the optics of the greens to it, there is more happening. The bezel too is very different in the flesh.
I’ll take some daylight pics of the the VSF today, but just like the genuine LV, it needs to be seen to be appreciated, it’s mesmerising.

Last edited: