• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Clarification on Submariner Case Kit and Serial Number

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Announcement from VSF

VSF has directly contacted me to inform the community that they have found some dishonest resellers in the market have been using V6F or other factory stocks as VSF stocks to supply to other dealers, and offering them at a much lower price. Especially both black and green submariner at the same price. This is impossible.

V6F and VSF products each have their own advantages. They are essentially both very well made, and you can choose them according to your requirements. There is no hybrid model between them.

Some of you might have received QC pics from your dealers of your Hulk Submariner with serial starting with 802B on the rehaut. It is not from VSF.

VSF has already stepped forward to confirm this and have asked me to let everyone know about this.

VSF will like to clarify that they only have S18, S19 and S29 serials for the 40mm Submariners at the moment, with S29 as the latest one.

Once again. For those of you who have been confused, VSF/XF/RXF and V6F are not the same company. They are good friends but not related. Their products and releases are not the same.

V6F has also approached me to asked me to help clarify this as well, and hope that you do not buy the wrong watch.

Please note that both VSF and V6F did not know of this incident nor are they directly involved in it. They have only found out about this recently when they received some complaints, which has led to this announcement.

**Please take note! This incident is only for the 116610LN and 116610LV, 40mm Submariners.

79apMw.jpg

iWRNsD.jpg

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Thanks Andrew, this is good to know.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I find interesting that you say they're not related but v6f uses a vs3135 movement in their watches, as well as the same bracelet as vs. This wouldn't be possible if there wouldn't be a connection between the two somehow. Also i wouldn't be surprised that a company its just trying to cover themselves same way zzf did back in the day.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Also in this photo comparison you can see the similarities between the s19 and the hybrid, there is no way that someone went into so much trouble to assemble a hybrid. I will always take with a grain of salt what factories say specially after the zzf scandal. https://m.imgur.com/a/OtKVKNY

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I find interesting that you say they're not related but v6f uses a vs3135 movement in their watches, as well as the same bracelet as vs. This wouldn't be possible if there wouldn't be a connection between the two somehow.

"Factories" assemble parts made by suppliers (i.e.factories), they don't actually make all those parts themselves.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
"Factories" assemble parts made by suppliers (i.e.factories), they don't actually make all those parts themselves.

I know that but there has to be a connection somehow between vsf and v6f. for example zzf uses bracelets from the same factory as arf but zzf bracelets dont come with the same clasp code as arf. If you see the photos between the two watches you can see that this for sure is an inside job and they just probably thought no one would notice.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I find interesting that you say they're not related but v6f uses a vs3135 movement in their watches, as well as the same bracelet as vs. This wouldn't be possible if there wouldn't be a connection between the two somehow. Also i wouldn't be surprised that a company its just trying to cover themselves same way zzf did back in the day.

Breitling and IWC used ETA movements in their watches, but they're not related. Everyone has suppliers that might as well be a competitor's supplier.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiMo62

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Breitling and IWC used ETA movements in their watches, but they're not related. Everyone has suppliers that might as well be a competitor's supplier.

Your example is like comparing apples with pears, what you said makes absolutely no sense in this context. But Let's say that hipotecially its the same case then why no other factory sources vs3135 movements or 7gj bracelets for their watches?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Jayalvin777 - where the factory feels it can make more money selling components, it will. Where it feels it can make more money by keeping certain components to its own line, it will withhold them from wholesale. This is not only in watches, but in pretty much all aspects of all business where there is supply and demand.

Simplistic terms (none of this is true but it illustrates my point)

VSF makes movements, case backs, bezels and bracelets. It can make more 2 x more bracelets per day than it can movements. It makes 10x more bezels. It makes the same number of case backs as movements.

Good business sense says - reserve the movements and case backs for your own builds which are the most desired in the market. You have enough bracelets and bezels to service those. You sell your excess bracelets and bezels to other factories. Stockpiling enormous numbers of extra components makes zero sense. Selling your limited number of desirable/unique components makes zero sense. A blended approach is always the best way.

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Thanks for the heads up, Andrew. Just ordered a VSF today. Can't wait!

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Jayalvin777

Good business sense says - reserve the movements and case backs for your own builds which are the most desired in the market. Selling your limited number of desirable/unique components makes zero sense. A blended approach is always the best way.

I understand the business approach you talking about but what i was trying to point out is that it makes no sense that vs woukd sell their movements to other factories because they have become the most desirable in the market, unless of course there is a relation to the factory they are selling their movements.

​​​​​​Anyways no matter who is right, this for sure is not the making of a courier or a seller because its too elaborated.

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
This is great timing as I wait for my VSF QC pics.

Cheers

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I understand the business approach you talking about but what i was trying to point out is that it makes no sense that vs woukd sell their movements to other factories because they have become the most desirable in the market, unless of course there is a relation to the factory they are selling their movements.

​​​​​​Anyways no matter who is right, this for sure is not the making of a courier or a seller because its too elaborated.
I remember in one of the threads, one of our TDs (whether Andrew or Li or someone else) mentioned how vsf has their bracelets made by a different factory. Or at least a separate factory that just makes the bracelet.

I don't think it is out of line to think different factories would source bracelets from the same factory. Or even collaborate.

Anf even if they do get them from the same factory they could inscribe them themselves or there could be different levels of quality that different a factory makes. Arf could have it's own contract and the factory makes a run. And even if it's the same factory, vsf could hsvr a different run compared to their specs.

I have a smurf bracelet from arf and from vsf and while similar, there are differences. I also have an ARF standard submariner bracelet and it's very very similar to the smurf bracelet (other than the pcl) as in the differences between the vsf and arf are not there.

Really my point is, there could be any number of reasons for this announcement. So with it what you will.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
Your example is like comparing apples with pears, what you said makes absolutely no sense in this context. But Let's say that hipotecially its the same case then why no other factory sources vs3135 movements or 7gj bracelets for their watches?

Mirotime cleared up some confusion about the relationship between VSF and V6F (including the s19, s29 and 802B serial numbers) a couple days ago on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Mirotime/

"

We've just spoken to our contacts at VSF and this is what we can tell you:

-The S29 and more recent S19 batches of LV Hulks (which came in a plastic box) are 100% made by VSF.

-The most recent 802B batch we have received are made from a combination of parts with 80% from VSF and 20% V6F (VSF V6F and XF are all owned by the same people and so the factories sometimes share parts).

Difference between the 2 batches are as follows:
  1. The 802B uses V6F inner ring
  2. The 802B uses V6F sub caseback: quality of the font on caseback is slightly rougher than VSF
  3. The 802B uses 1JR clasp code instead of 7GJ
Please see the comparison pictures we've done here (100% VSF sub has my card next to it):

https://imgur.com/a/OtKVKNY

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
I know that but there has to be a connection somehow between vsf and v6f. for example zzf uses bracelets from the same factory as arf but zzf bracelets dont come with the same clasp code as arf. If you see the photos between the two watches you can see that this for sure is an inside job and they just probably thought no one would notice.

MIROTIME:
"VSF V6F and XF are all owned by the same people and so the factories sometimes share parts"

TRUSTY TIME:
"Once again. For those of you who have been confused, VSF/XF/RXF and V6F are not the same company. They are good friends but not related. Their products and releases are not the same."
see: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-serial-number

:confused:

Last edited: