• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
So I guess VRF is based on MKII huh? Looks like they nailed it.

I heard noob was based on MKIII but this comparison shot convinced me how off noob bezel colors are.

Especially that blue is totally off.

Sometimes I look at my photos and the blue is almost black, or the red is far too bright. Wish I could see the Noob in person but I would say it photographs a lot better than the VRF.

I would say the VRF resembles the MKII the closest although the red looks a bit like the MKI
Z1xMZS.jpg

Honestly the red looks far better in person than it does on my camera.

Last edited:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Sometimes I look at my photos and the blue is almost black, or the red is far too bright. Wish I could see the Noob in person but I would say it photographs a lot better than the VRF.

I would say the VRF resembles the MKII the closest although the red looks a bit like the MKI
Z1xMZS.jpg

Honestly the red looks far better in person than it does on my camera.

Did a little color balancing. Insert Color is spot on IMO.

I wanna pull the trigger but that goofy hands on recent batches make me hesitate....
18643ca3788ef8a36d25a4a3bba89111.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Z1xxIc.jpg

Here's another that more accurately shows the red in person, the red is still much darker in person if I'm honest

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Here's another that more accurately shows the red in person, the red is still much darker in person if I'm honest

Ok, that's it. I'm pulling the trigger. LOL

My bank account hates you :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fervid

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I guess VRF is based on MKII huh? Looks like they nailed it.

I heard noob was based on MKIII but this comparison shot convinced me how off noob bezel colors are.

Especially that blue is totally off.

Noob colors change a lot too depending on lighting conditions. The blue can go very dark pretty quickly.

Z1VQ5D.jpg

Reactions: Pietros

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I just got the gen a week ago and I can say that the bezel is a true chameleon-it changes so much according to the ambient light.
In my opinion, both Noob and VRF come close depending on levels of ambient light but react differently as the light level changes.
I pity any manufacturer attempting to replicate the gen bezel-unless the materials are identical, it will never be correct through the different levels of light.
A few quick pics I've just taken-the noob has a gen crystal too.

this is MK3!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pietros and KJ2020

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys have been wanting a good Pepsi for a long time. For owners, do you recommend it or do I expect VSF? seems to be at work for GMT

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

kevBquick

9/10/18
I just got the gen a week ago and I can say that the bezel is a true chameleon-it changes so much according to the ambient light.
In my opinion, both Noob and VRF come close depending on levels of ambient light but react differently as the light level changes.
I pity any manufacturer attempting to replicate the gen bezel-unless the materials are identical, it will never be correct through the different levels of light.
A few quick pics I've just taken-the noob has a gen crystal too.
IMG-9303.jpg

IMG-9304.jpg

IMG-9305.jpg

on your gen...does it have the easy link adjustment. VR does not have that. Its just a solid piece. So if anything I can replace that lower part of the bracelet. no easy link no adjustments whatsoever under the clasp.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
on your gen...does it have the easy link adjustment. VR does not have that. Its just a solid piece. So if anything I can replace that lower part of the bracelet. no easy link no adjustments whatsoever under the clasp.

You may just not be pulling hard enough on the easy link to open it. Also there should be 3 sets of detents inside the clasp to give you different adjustment positions. The Noob Pepsi jubilee bracelet has both, I'm sure the gen does as well.

MrBrock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/07
Hi guys, my VRF max arrived yesterday....
Apologies for the crappy iPhone pics but it's all I have.
After 24 hrs of continually running, she was -11 secs on the first day. Not too bad I guess.
The watch is nice and meets my expectations but the bracelet screws are like butter.
Some came out unmarked, others needed a fair bit of effort and got badly burred in the process.
Fortunately, I have a smallish wrist so removed 5 links and swapped the damaged screws into these spares.
The ones on the watch and nice.
Cheers...........
Z93DhY.jpg
Z93ZnD.jpg
Z93HqJ.png
Z9zcRs.jpg
Z93jsk.jpg
Z933Zo.jpg
Z93KXP.png

FJb7hde4eH9t5vBF8

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18

You may just not be pulling hard enough on the easy link to open it. Also there should be 3 sets of detents inside the clasp to give you different adjustment positions. The Noob Pepsi jubilee bracelet has both, I'm sure the gen does as well.

naw KJ. It’s solid sadly. My GMF has the easy link. I threw my old GMF easy link on a date just. I’ll take it off that and put it on here.

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Are you certain? Looks similar to mine and that definitely has both easy link and the three micro adjustments.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Z93Qdt.jpg

naw KJ. It’s solid sadly. My GMF has the easy link. I threw my old GMF easy link on a date just. I’ll take it off that and put it on here.

Bro that's an easy link and it has to come undone so you can access the springbar to adjust the link to the other detents. I would try soaking it overnight in WD-40. If that doesn't do it, you may have to get creative with some kind of brace against the outer sections of the link so you can exert greater force on it without damaging anything. I've had a few that were stubborn too.

(On reps they should call these "hard links", haha)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Bro that's an easy link and it has to come undone so you can access the springbar to adjust the link to the other detents. I would try soaking it overnight in WD-40. If that doesn't do it, you may have to get creative with some kind of brace against the outer sections of the link so you can exert greater force on it without damaging anything. I've had a few that were stubborn too.

(On reps they should call these "hard links", haha)
Use leverage. Leverage is your best bet. But be gentle. I quoted kjs post although I know he's not the one with the issue.

But to try and "muscle" the easy link, use some leverage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Gen V Noob
Sorry for the delay, I'll try to answer everything asked so far.
I believe I have a Mark 3 bezel as the watch literally arrived at the AD from Rolex only a few days ago.
Yes, it has the Easylink adjustment and it is very tight to unclip.

I've done a few more comparison pics, all indoors unfortunately as the weather has been so poor here.
Please excuse the awful photography!

Pic 1 Gen on left
Pic 2 Gen on left
Pic 3 Gen on top
Pic 4 Gen on right

IMG-9311.jpg

IMG-9312.jpg

IMG-9313.jpg

IMG-9314.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Love these comparison shots! Thank you!

Man...if that’s mk3...what da hell did noob copied..mk4? Lol

Noob does replicate the colors well in certain angles but when it’s placed right next to gen...it’s game over

Really wanna see gen vs new vrf max now

Thank you so much for taking time to post these pictures mate!

Happy new year! ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pietros