• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Btw look at the grain of the brushing not matching the bracelet at all and also poor machining scratches on the fingernail slot:

Vrf bracelet sucks.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Glad I am going with Noob as the base for my 126719 build ;)oascom Thanks for doing the comparison shots and your feedback.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If you buy a Noob V11 BLNR and a separate Noob insert from TD, you are at $598 all in on a Noob BLRO with a VR3185. ($458 + $140).

The Noob BLRO stock with 2824 CHS timebomb is $658. Go figure.

Yes the BLNR modded to BLRO has an oyster and a single coronet dial. But look at this beauty. Wow.

Pic credit oascom
Z9MEoP.jpg

Last edited:

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
The problem there, at least 4-6 weeks ago was that Noob refused to sell any inserts separately. I tried, in order to repair my sub, and word came back from 2 separate TD's that Noob refused to source the inserts...

If you buy a Noob V11 BLNR and a separate Noob insert from TD, you are at $598 all in on a Noob BLRO with a VR3185. ($458 + $140).

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
The problem there, at least 4-6 weeks ago was that Noob refused to sell any inserts separately. I tried, in order to repair my sub, and word came back from 2 separate TD's that Noob refused to source the inserts...

Most of parts are sourceable, some are harder to get than other but at the end what matters is, who is sourcing them for you. Ofc a lot of td's say that because for them is more profitable to sell you the whole watch rather than a part

StJin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/19
FR/USA
I generally agree with that, but I was also buying 2 other watches and that bill was already at $900+ !

Ofc a lot of td's say that because for them is more profitable to sell you the whole watch rather than a part

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Sourced a noob insert from my TD which is on the way to compare against the VRF. Going by the above pictures the noob insert trumps it I think. Engravings seem bolder and brighter closer to gen, red is deeper and darker like gen, I do prefer the blue on the vrf though, you get that purple tint unlike the noob which appears more of a darker navy blue. And of course no transition lines!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Gen V Noob
Sorry for the delay, I'll try to answer everything asked so far.
I believe I have a Mark 3 bezel as the watch literally arrived at the AD from Rolex only a few days ago.
Yes, it has the Easylink adjustment and it is very tight to unclip.

I've done a few more comparison pics, all indoors unfortunately as the weather has been so poor here.
Please excuse the awful photography!

Pic 1 Gen on left
Pic 2 Gen on left
Pic 3 Gen on top
Pic 4 Gen on right

IMG-9311.jpg
]

Now what you should do is put the rep insert on the gen Rolex and bring it in to Rolex and say "I had this cleaned (Or whatever) and ever since the color has been off. Can you fix it?" and they'll replace the rep insert for $300 and return it to you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Sourced a noob insert from my TD which is on the way to compare against the VRF. Going by the above pictures the noob insert trumps it I think. Engravings seem bolder and brighter closer to gen , red is deeper and darker like gen, I do prefer the blue on the vrf though, you get that purple tint unlike the noob which appears more of a darker navy blue. And of course no transition lines!

Woah... Let's not get out of control.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Now what you should do is put the rep insert on the gen Rolex and bring it in to Rolex and say "I had this cleaned (Or whatever) and ever since the color has been off. Can you fix it?" and they'll replace the rep insert for $300 and return it to you.

Our more likely keep your watch, say its been fitted with counterfeit parts and refuse to return it.
Bad times.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
My QC pics have turned up, I
much prefer the colour to my Noob V11 which I find far to dark.

What everyone also fails to point out is the blue on the Noob is also widly far too blue. Yes the Noob insert is nice on it's own but if you compare both with gen, although they have differences, VRF is closer.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
unfortunately there is no good pepsi rep! : - (((

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Our more likely keep your watch, say its been fitted with counterfeit parts and refuse to return it.
Bad times.

Way too risky for me but I did wonder what would happen if I pitched up at the service centre with no bezel insert on the watch as if it had somehow worked loose and fallen off...

Sent from the RWI App

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Way too risky for me but I did wonder what would happen if I pitched up at the service centre with no bezel insert on the watch as if it had somehow worked loose and fallen off...

Sent from the RWI App

Try it ;-)