• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

sincron

Horology Curious
23/10/20
Good day guys! I have done a simple photo comparison with my 2014 Gen LN model with my current VSF hulk. Pls note that these are just the opinion of a layman and what I can see based on my own judgement. I'm not the type to bring out the calipers or make line drawings on the computers to see if the markers are off by a fraction of a degree. Just took the photos for curiosity and to share here on the forum hoping it can benefit others. The VSF hulk will always be on the left or top. Well, here goes!

... CRYSTAL AND CYCLOPS
The cyclops of the VSF works great in normal natural light. It does reflect and cast shadows more in bright light. The magnification is slightly less than my gen sub but overall it does a very good job vs previous versions.

First of all, thank you for your review.
I think you're wrong about this statement you made.
I have superimposed one date over the other and look at the result, it seems to me that the cyclops has the exact size to the gen

sincron

Horology Curious
23/10/20
Showed this to my friend who own 1 gen sub and 1 gen SD and he can’t really see any flaw with this and we can’t compare the dial as we don’t have gen hulk to compare. Think he’s going to order 1 for his personal collection as well since R factory don’t want to do our business as we placed our name for almost 2 years before they discontinue the hulk.

Is the rolex hulk still being manufactured? The answer is yes. It is true that not all dealers receive the same units per month, and given the high demand they have, with the limited supply available, dealers must select which customers to give this watch to. And having in theory some waiting lists, which are closed in most of the jewellery shops, the reality is, as the police chief of Sâo Paulo (Brazil) told me "Remember. For friends everything, for the rest the rigour of the Law". So, if you are a regular customer of the jewellery shop you have the possibility to buy it and if not, what can I say, that the wait can be eternal.

Reactions: Kalev007

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Yes, the 2020 catalogue that was published in late 2019. Dude, the Hulk was discontinued a few months ago. Or are you suggesting you know something the rest of the world doesn't?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Is the rolex hulk still being manufactured? The answer is yes. It is true that not all dealers receive the same units per month, and given the high demand they have, with the limited supply available, dealers must select which customers to give this watch to. And having in theory some waiting lists, which are closed in most of the jewellery shops, the reality is, as the police chief of Sâo Paulo (Brazil) told me "Remember. For friends everything, for the rest the rigour of the Law". So, if you are a regular customer of the jewellery shop you have the possibility to buy it and if not, what can I say, that the wait can be eternal.

7-EDCAB35-EFD6-4-E50-A7-C6-1-CFCC5732900.gif

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Is the rolex hulk still being manufactured? The answer is yes.

It’s discontinued. Rolex does not manufacture any new stock of the 116610 after being replaced by the 126610. A simple google search fixes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc.77

Tobel

6/7/17
Its catalogue price for Spain in 2020 is 8,900 euros
;-)

All the 116610's (and 3's) as well as the 114060's are discontinued and have been replaced by the the 1226610's etc. Powered by the 3235 movement

The Hulk is therefore no longer manufactured

Reactions: Doc.77 and NYC_MIA

sincron

Horology Curious
23/10/20
You are absolutely right, please excuse my mistake.
The rolex submariner, dated 116610LV, with its green sphere and bezel, called the Hulk, was discontinued on 4 September 2020.
Kind regards.

Pombok

12/1/17
Very impressed with the vsf 116610 LV, I have one on order. After going through a few rejected QC’s it seems the most obvious flaw is the date wheel alignment, usually it’s to the left.

Has anyone put a gen 3135 date wheel in their vsf? That’s what I’m planning on doing.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Very impressed with the vsf 116610 LV, I have one on order. After going through a few rejected QC’s it seems the most obvious flaw is the date wheel alignment, usually it’s to the left.

Has anyone put a gen 3135 date wheel in their vsf? That’s what I’m planning on doing.

I did but because I had an early batch with the a bit Bold dw, not necessary in the new batches imo.

Reactions: Tete and BOSSK

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I did but because I had an early batch with the a bit Bold dw, not necessary in the new batches imo.

looks great. I have to catch up with you guys. I’ve sold my hulk and Batman. Now I want them back with improved versions. VSF is the way to go for Hulk.
I will wait a little bit with Batman. ARF is very good but I feel new version will be pressed soon.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
looks great. I have to catch up with you guys. I’ve sold my hulk and Batman. Now I want them back with improved versions. VSF is the way to go for Hulk.
I will wait a little bit with Batman. ARF is very good but I feel new version will be pressed soon.

My LN was from early batch so had other dw, so decided to change it and while at it I went also gen hands and crystal. The new LN and LV have a dw that is exactly like my gen dw. I'm more than happy with my vsf, after almost 4 months bezel platinum looks super bright even though I haven't clean it or anything. Would recommend, as for the batman the ARF looks amazing, I feel tempted as well but will get a vsf dj first.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
My LN was from early batch so had other dw, so decided to change it and while at it I went also gen hands and crystal. The new LN and LV have a dw that is exactly like my gen dw. I'm more than happy with my vsf, after almost 4 months bezel platinum looks super bright even though I haven't clean it or anything. Would recommend, as for the batman the ARF looks amazing, I feel tempted as well but will get a vsf dj first.

It looks really good.
I need slightly change my collection. I’m trying to figure out perfect numbers of watches. The more I have the less happy I am with them. I feel like adding VSF hulk, and vintage Daytona.
I will keep my 12 panerai, 2 APs, one Lange tourbilion (as my dress watch) and my ARF Daytona.
I will probably sell my noob v7 sub ($100) and my one of my Panerais.
I used to have whole bunch of APs back in the day. AP is dead to me as watch brand.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
It looks really good.
I need slightly change my collection. I’m trying to figure out perfect numbers of watches. The more I have the less happy I am with them. I feel like adding VSF hulk, and vintage Daytona.
I will keep my 12 panerai, 2 APs, one Lange tourbilion (as my dress watch) and my ARF Daytona.
I will probably sell my noob v7 sub ($100) and my one of my Panerais.
I used to have whole bunch of APs back in the day. AP is dead to me as watch brand.

That's a sweet collection, I wish I could wear Pam I just love the anesthetic, look and old story of the brand. You won't be disappointed by adding a vsf LV to your collection. It's a really disrupting pieces that is always need in a collection.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
That's a sweet collection, I wish I could wear Pam I just love the anesthetic, look and old story of the brand. You won't be disappointed by adding a vsf LV to your collection. It's a really disrupting pieces that is always need in a collection.

I used to say the same.... “if I could wear panerai”
The thing about panerai is, when you own one you will absolutely fell in love with it. I had many Rolex replicas, I still have 2 (sub and Daytona) and I’d rather wear panerai than Rolex, Patek, AP or other brands.. It’s hard to describe it but there is something special about Panerai.
If you can rock Sub you will be able to pull 44mm panerai. But go for tunacase like 005, 000 or 111 they sit flat on the wrist.