• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
torch77
see under point 9...
i’ll do some photos under sunny conditions.
This is something I feel will be most informative/interesting for you guys. Inside photos are kind of irrelevant at this point as they dont reveal all that much. There have been quite a few number of photos already from some other members...unfortunately, in my humble opinion, not all of them that revealing or well made. I will try to rectify that and make some really good photos for all of you. They should be uploaded in the next few days. A little patience :)

Reactions: 2841

torch77

Renowned Member
30/11/12
Spain Madrid
Hello friends,

Here’s a quick info of my findings regarding VSF vs GEN Hulk debate:
  1. Clasp action is identical
  2. Crystal is identical from a normal holding/looking distance
  3. Bezel action is a bit stiffer on VSF but that might change over time
  4. Insert color is identical, pearl is identical, cutouts seem a tiny fraction bigger on VSF but that might just be on account of them having a bit brighter color of the filling
  5. Datewheel action is identical
  6. Rehaut is brighter on GEN
  7. Hands are perfectly fine from a normal holding/looking distance
  8. Dial lettering and battons are identical
  9. The color of the dial is brighter on VSF (VSF dial is a bit “lazier” in shifts to dark...that effect is more pronounced on gen). This is visible even in a closed space under a tungsten lightbulb; also the VSF guilloche radiance shifts are not as subtle as that of GEN...as soon as there’s available sunshine outside, I will check the behaviour of the guilloche in those conditions and make some photos.
  10. Winding is actually a bit rougher on the GEN, smoother on VSF (maybe I need a service on my gen)
To summarize: VSF is really good. The feel and overall quality is genlike. Of course, on a macro level, things would surely start to fall appart but I’m really not interested in those types of comparisons as I see no use in them...unless you’re trying to fool a well informed potential buyer. In general, if you’re not suffering from a terrible case of OCD and/or trying to score big on a sale of a rep watch, VSF 116610lv is a wonderfuly made piece which I will enjoy wearing. My gen will spend most of his time from now on in a safe.

Hope this will be of some use to some of you. I will follow up with the promised photos as soon as the weather allows it.

Cheers.

edit: I forgot to mention, the VSF was ordered through TrustyTime. Very professional crew. No complaints whatsoever.

Thanks for taking time and publishing this. Any photos though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reogio

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
The best Hulk ever. Beautiful!!!
645e0b552028ebe547ae659df69ecb2d.jpg

e1565b2057bc322d096522364aa33547.jpg

Last edited:

J450n

Horology Curious
25/3/17

Was adjusting the time for my LV and decided to check on the “flaws” mentioned by many people previously.

Sorry for the low picture quality as I took this using my iphone when my wife were asleep so can’t really take in bright environment.

Didn’t notice any imperfection as what many people posted here. I guess I’m lucky.

Showed this to my friend who own 1 gen sub and 1 gen SD and he can’t really see any flaw with this and we can’t compare the dial as we don’t have gen hulk to compare. Think he’s going to order 1 for his personal collection as well since R factory don’t want to do our business as we placed our name for almost 2 years before they discontinue the hulk.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
since R factory don’t want to do our business as we placed our name for almost 2 years before they discontinue the hulk.

Exact reason I am here, wanted a Hulk but Rolex would not sell me one. So I came here for one and got a near identical watch that offered MUCH better value for money.

Reactions: LaraA and Pizzo

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

Was adjusting the time for my LV and decided to check on the “flaws” mentioned by many people previously.

Sorry for the low picture quality as I took this using my iphone when my wife were asleep so can’t really take in bright environment.

Didn’t notice any imperfection as what many people posted here. I guess I’m lucky.

Showed this to my friend who own 1 gen sub and 1 gen SD and he can’t really see any flaw with this and we can’t compare the dial as we don’t have gen hulk to compare. Think he’s going to order 1 for his personal collection as well since R factory don’t want to do our business as we placed our name for almost 2 years before they discontinue the hulk.

Looks nice! enjoy.

most people like won’t notice the flaws plenty of my friends (Gen owners) think mid tier reps look good or “ the same” we know this isn’t the case but that’s because we are here scrutinising each release and they couldn’t really care less. Point out the flaws and they start seeing everything just as we do here.

Pombok

12/1/17
Rejecting QC on this watch due to date wheel aligned left. Any other thoughts on this one? Rehaut looks perfectly aligned.
0609763b9f361d67692635f0bdd44250.jpg

Pombok

12/1/17
What makes you so sure about that? There’s many examples in this thread with the dw centralised.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Your rehault is on point mate. When did you order and receive this? Could it be possible they fixed it?

I ordered and received it last week but it was from Sead’s UK stock so no idea how long it had been there.