• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Here is gen picture I took while ago

5ff428ec766d1b34e4dcd7debbb0082c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nice. I’m not keen to take the back of my genuine one (and potentially compromise the watertightness).. It looks every bit as well finished as that. I’ll try get a pic in daylight to compare..

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Go on then, enlighten us all. What’s the conspiracy?

You clearly don't know Angus history, before he was shilling for ARF, people even said ARF meant Angus Rolex factory. it seems that he now has moved to zf, he was the only one to share information about it and overhyped the release, then he dropped the metal test on subs (at the time zzf was dominating the market) (that test clearly affected zzf sales) most likely they thought with that test they could justify selling their subs for 100$ more than any other option in the market. After the first zf examples emerged and no one liked them, he disappeared.

He has most likely cut a good deal with them, hence why don't all td's have the zf at Angus price. As I said in my previous comment its suspicious that the day his review came out, prices on the zf dropped. Look the pictures at the beginning of this thread or any other pictures from the vsf subs, none of those watches have lugs similar to the one in his review. Zf strategy was most likely was for taking the market from zzf but back then vsf was not on the picture and they didn't take that in consideration.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Nice. I’m not keen to take the back of my genuine one (and potentially compromise the watertightness).. It looks every bit as well finished as that. I’ll try get a pic in daylight to compare..

Throw a balance bridge in the vs and it would look almost identical to the Gen 3135. As I said in the 126xxx thread we normally focus a lot on the externals but what vsf has done with their clone movements is amazing. Their movements alone puts them one step above their competitors.

Reactions: ColumnWheel

walla65

20/5/19
with these behaviors Angus loses credibility ... he must understand that in this forum there are many enthusiasts who are prepared .... so it is difficult to make fun of them or orient them at will ...

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA

No compromise of WT, had several gen caseback off comparing them to my reps, it’s all irrelevant once you cover them back up and know they function the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

24/7/11
How does bezel insert compares to gen when it comes to color saturation? Is it still noticeably off to a naked eye.
Did you ask him why he likes VSF more than his gen?
im thinking about buying vsf but I think color of the bezel may still be off.

Just buy it man. Myself and other long time members have had pretty much every single iteration of Noob/ZF/ARF etc etc....over all these years we've been here. Trust me when I say VSF has released the best damn OOTB to date. Its silky smooth, the bezel rotation/clicks feel gen, the crystal is perfect and the best black hole I have ever seen on a rep its pretty equal to my gens actually and the movement itself it buttery smooth. The bezel color of the green is nice and vibrant and bright, the dial may be a little off but you wont be able to tell without the gen right next to it.

The bracelet is freakin awesome. Much smoother than the previous ones I've owned which I've had to to work on to make me satisfied. This one I didnt do a single thing not even a bath in baby oil. For around $430 its the best sub out there. LN or LV both are awesome.

Noob/ARF/ZF/ZZF all have to up their game if they want the market share back. Especially Noob. Up to V12 or so and still craphouse. Its a joke they have been ripping everyone off over and over and over again throughout all these years.

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Just buy it man. Myself and other long time members have had pretty much every single iteration of Noob/ZF/ARF etc etc....over all these years we've been here. Trust me when I say VSF has released the best damn OOTB to date. Its silky smooth, the bezel rotation/clicks feel gen, the crystal is perfect and the best black hole I have ever seen on a rep its pretty equal to my gens actually and the movement itself it buttery smooth. The bezel color of the green is nice and vibrant and bright, the dial may be a little off but you wont be able to tell without the gen right next to it.

The bracelet is freakin awesome. Much smoother than the previous ones I've owned which I've had to to work on to make me satisfied. This one I didnt do a single thing not even a bath in baby oil. For around $430 its the best sub out there. LN or LV both are awesome.

Noob/ARF/ZF/ZZF all have to up their game if they want the market share back. Especially Noob. Up to V12 or so and still craphouse. Its a joke they have been ripping everyone off over and over and over again throughout all these years.

I will buy it.
I had most of the hulks (including loco Louie fully moded hulk) and I wasn’t happy with any of them. ZFF was also a disappointment to me.
I think VSF may be the one.

mariot

22/2/19
Just received my qc , I’m completely new to subs but for me vsf looks like gen also rehaut and dw improved with this batch ( clasp code 7gj) can’t wait to put on my hand

the rehaut is not ok. R issue is still there

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Agreed. VSF is the ‘next gen’ of reps. With VSF, reps have now become genuine like in look and feel and even internals. Other factories will have to up their game.

Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Those of you with a left justified date wheel on your VSF Hulk, can that be fixed by putting in a gen date wheel?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Do you have a before and after pic when you did it?

​​​​​Not many on this phone but here you have one small comparison pic. (it's dead center but looks left justified cuz of the angle of the photo) My LN was from the a bit bold dw, new version look pretty spot on imo. The dw at the end is the stock from vsf.
ZyXrb8.jpg

ZyXBUK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Roguetheory