• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

Calibre16

31/1/12
Question:
Do I need a gen gasket if I plan to use a gen crystal?
or can I just pop out the VSF crystal and install the gen crystal with the VSF gasket?

Since this rep is a very good one, I assume the crystals have the same dimensions.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The beauty of this watch is that is it great out of the box. There is no need to modify it. Add a little silicone grease to the crown and tube is all that is required.. and enjoy. If I was going to upgrade anything it would be in this order of priority: hands - eh, that's it. There is really no need to do anything, it's already a super rep and in my opinion (and I have the same rep watch in LN and genuine) it is not worth buying genuine (investment aside) when this standard of rep is available. It looks 97%, it feels 95% but it costs just 2.5% of current market value (estimated approx £15000), no point making it dearer as these will certainly be very costly but increasingly diminishing returns!.

Last edited:

Jabbss

Horology Curious
5/1/19
Does all vsf hulk comes with green box?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria

Mine just arrived. Yes, it's better than my ZZF v2, but to be honest, it's not a night and day difference. So you can also be happy with your ZZF v2 is you have one. Now I'm waiting for my 126610LN to arrive and then I will decide which one to keep.

Reactions: Tete and jacobee

Bleezzy

Horology Curious
4/8/20

Just got my QC. Looks fine to me, could anyone see any problems with it? I’d appreciate the help!

jamiex

25/7/09
Yorkshire
Incoming from Sead. The X + R at 12 o clock looks decent but the date numerals seem to be a bit to the left.

Z1kgkI.jpg

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I just got a vsf LV and I would not sell my zzf v3 LV unless I was going gen. I’m going to keep both including my noob Franken LV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Sure will, just snapped a few pics of the movements next to gen but not pleased with the pics at the moment.

ab703ad315f91a06f0cdc41f3e5cd99e.jpg

d9333c2424859f1ab2fb070901820a66.jpg

Need to work on lighting so each movement is getting same amounts.
The gen is from 2004 with one RSC service and has a slight resistance upon winding with greater feeling as you wind up the gears, VR feels similar to this as opposed to vsf’s wind being smoother however Vsf has same amount of resistance in feel not sound in both anti and counter rotations. This is what I observed. Please note water resistance was not jeopardized during these studies.

DetailGuy

Horology Curious
30/11/20
You guys got me with this VSF Hulk. Haven’t purchased a rep in 10 years and the Noob v4 Daytona brought me back to this hobby...but this thread kept tugging at my strings so I ordered a VSF hulk for myself in addition to the Daytona that I recently ordered.

peer pressure is a MF’er!!!

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
You guys got me with this VSF Hulk. Haven’t purchased a rep in 10 years and the Noob v4 Daytona brought me back to this hobby...but this thread kept tugging at my strings so I ordered a VSF hulk for myself in addition to the Daytona that I recently ordered.

Welcome back to the game again hehehehe

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

Welcome back to the game again hehehehe